It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stars Themselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have personally, on two occasions 5 or so years apart, seen something very strange. I was with someone else both times, and they both saw exactly what I did. it goes like this.

Between ten and eleven at night, while looking up at the stars, I noticed them begin to move. The second time only one began moving, which was really strange since it looked to me just like a star. It had come out with the stars, and had stayed stationary until the point that it began to move. (obviously)

Anyways, it is very slow, or so it seems, but it also must be very far away as there is no sound and nothing reacts to the light it gives off. it is as bright as all of the other stars. It moves strangely, in no set path. In fact, it moves in only straight lines, but stops dead every few seconds and changes it's path. it slowly moves from the East to the West. Stopping, changing direction, moving, stopping again. It does this for a while until it stops for several seconds before it starts again.

next, something stranger happens. Another shape that we thought was a star, this one substantially larger, but not brighter. It begins what seems like a chase after the smaller one at a much faster speed.The smaller light, which had been stopped, now begins moving away from the big one in smaller lines and stops. It acts much as if it is trying to escape.

This has happened twice to me. The first time there were many more shapes moving across the night. The latest sighting (from last year), I still remember vividly. As does my friend. Has anyone else seen anything much like this before??

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Sounds like you saw an Unidentified Flying Object.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxgoad

Between ten and eleven at night, while looking up at the stars, I noticed them begin to move. The second time only one began moving, which was really strange since it looked to me just like a star.

The first time, did they all move?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Not all of them. Somewhere between 5 and 15. And that was a little bit later at night. I don't remember all that much about the first one, except that all of a sudden the stars began to move. The person I was with seemed as if he had seen them before. I haven't really heard of this sort of thing happening much. Has anybody around here seen anything like this? Does the description match up with any military test crafts?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
One thing iv seen once or twice please explain to me if this was an ``ufo`` or a star.

I was looking out my window as I went to bed when I suddenly saw something that changed colour.

Green , Red , Purple and Blue cycle over and over again.

This that looked like a star was not moving so it could not be an ordenairy airplane.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamerman
One thing iv seen once or twice please explain to me if this was an ``ufo`` or a star.

I was looking out my window as I went to bed when I suddenly saw something that changed colour.

This that looked like a star was not moving so it could not be an ordenairy airplane.

It sounds like it might have been the star Sirius that you saw. Being a rather bright star, it can exhibit some rather strange optical effects when the light is going through atmospheric turbulence.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

Originally posted by gamerman

Cool

Thank you for solving my thoughts

It sounds like it might have been the star Sirius that you saw. Being a rather bright star, it can exhibit some rather strange optical effects when the light is going through atmospheric turbulence.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Not just sirius, some other stars particularly double atr systems like sirius, appear like this. When you see something like it, just head over to Heavens-Above and check the starmap for your location to see if what you're seeing is a star or not.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So it would seem that nobody but me has seen anything of the sort. Perhaps the event is somewhat localized. However, I was at least 70 or so miles away from where I saw them first when I saw them again. (weird sentence structure). And I live in Washington state, home of the famed Kenneth Arnold sighting and multiple Bigfoot sightings as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just a few possibilities if thats what you are looking for...

1) Optical illusion caused by clouds, planes, or atmospheric conditions. Specificly pockets of verious temperature air or density can cause a lensing effect that makes stars seem to move in relation to other ones.

2) Satalite arrays repositioning.

3) High altitude aircraft and inteceptors.

top topics

join