It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Florida Girl Found Burried Alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
An 8 year old Florida girl was found burried alive in an abandoned landfill in South Florida. She was found only hours after she went missing. The girl was able to identify her 17 year old abductor who fortunately will be charged as an adult. Unlike stories of old this one has a happy ending.

www.cnn.com
Searchers found the girl inside a yellow recycling bin, which was inside a 30-foot dumpster.

"There was a yellow recycling bin, and the lid was flipped open," said Lake Worth Police Sgt. Mike Hall. "And inside the dumpster was a pile of rocks, boulders. And you could see a hand in there."

The girl was taken to a hospital, Police Chief William Smith said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What can you possibly say about someone like this 17 year old? Is there even proper justice? I am so happy they found this girl alive. I just hope she can recover from this incident without serious emotional scars.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Get rid of him now before he becomes a more habitual offender.

Jail is not justice. Bury his azz alive in the dump.

Censor edit.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The fear this poor child must has gone through - it is unimaginable. One can only hope that he will "get his" and this girl will never have to live with the possibility of him ever seeing daylight outside a prison again.

Bleys.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Isn't this more like a... BTS thing?

Uh, good work.

Glad she's alive.

Zip

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You tell me. There is no consistancy at times with news articles and what is BTS or ATS. Look at half the approved news submissions. How many of them are ATS worthy?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Finally a good ending. I am sad that this little girl had to go through this, but am so glad he has been arested.
Great work

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That's one lucky little girl. Strange isn't it that she could go through an ordeal like that but still be counted as lucky. By what I read she wasn't meant to be found alive and it sounds like pure chance that she was. Also was able to give the description of the attacker straight away so he could be dealt with quickly. Hope this resilient kid can put it all behind her as quickly as possible.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am so happy she was found alive. The only down side to that is that it makes this piece of garbage inelligble for the death penalty. But maybe a few years behind bars will earn him that courtesy of a fellow inmate.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The "trash" that should have been thrown out will spend some time in jail and then walk the streets.

Is this guy going to avoid the death penalty because he's still a minor? Thanks, Ruthie, and the rest of the Supreme Court.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow, thats truly incredible. The guy who did it was 17. Going to be nice spending life in jail eh?

The suspect will be charged as an adult, said Mike Edmondson, a spokesman for the Palm Beach County state attorney's office.

Boland the charges will be attempted murder, sexual battery on a child under 12 and false imprisonment of a victim under 13. He could face life in prison if convicted on all counts.
Boland said Cunningham confessed to all three charges.

Why?
Why would you do all that, and then confess to it? Makes no sense. Why do that to her, then try to kill her to keep her quite, and then confess? I mean, the horror and disgustingness of the crime aside, what the heck man? You're going to kill someone to protect yourself and then you just confess?

Cunningham called in a false abduction report before 4 a.m. ET, describing the girl's alleged abductors and the car they supposedly drove, Lake Worth Police Chief William Smith said.

Wow. That's incredible. Imagine if she wasn't found? The whole country'd be looking for her, other people might've been executed for it. Horrible. This kid needs to be put away forever. A person can't do something like that and re-join society.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Probably just a practical joke gone wrong
But I guess the girl didn't find the funny side so when she was discovered, gave a sob story

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You tell me. There is no consistancy at times with news articles and what is BTS or ATS. Look at half the approved news submissions. How many of them are ATS worthy?

Yeah. I submitted an article about the fall network schedule including many new shows about UFO's, ghosts, and so on. I got numerous "No" votes right away saying that the story didn't belong on ATS. What a joke. Some people on here just have way too much time on their hands. I've never even voted "No" for a single article, yet there are countless losers here who probably vote "No" endlessly. Just because one person doesn't think the article fits, doesn't mean that others will think the same. I've even had morons vote "No" saying I made grammar/spelling errors in my titles, which I did not! I just want to say to these people: You are doing more harm than good. One of my three articles has made it to the front page already, yet it received numerous "No" votes. It's all the dopes who vote "No" that almost make me not even want to submit articles. If you can't even read or comprehend the article then don't even vote on it because you're obviously an idiot. Sorry, I'm just really PO'd at some of the goofs that come on here and ruin it for the rest of us.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I got numerous "No" votes right away saying that the story didn't belong on ATS. What a joke. Some people on here just have way too much time on their hands. I've never even voted "No" for a single article, yet there are countless losers here who probably vote "No" endlessly. Just because one person doesn't think the article fits, doesn't mean that others will think the same.

Dear Rasputin, welcome to democracy. If multiple (and as you admit, "countless") people voted you down, your submission was probably crap.

I wouldn't discard the opinion of "countless" people (I assume you were voted down by millions of ATSers). I wouldn't call them "losers" either, simply because they took the time to reject the post they didn't think was appropriate.

It helps sometimes to direct critique to your own person. For a change.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Just to give you an idea how people vote.... someone voted this article No for Bias. Bias? Did they even read any part of this? It isn't like the article was titled George W. Bush finds girl burried alive in landfill.

new topics

join