It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Object to First Lady's Jeruselem Visit (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
First Lady Laura Bush visited holy sites in the city of Jeruselem today and was met by protesting mobs. Israeli police and Secret Service agents were forced to lock arms in an effort to restrain the crowd. The tour included visits to the Western Wall and the Dome of the Rock.

hosted.ap.org
JERUSALEM (AP) -- Protesters besieged Laura Bush during her visit Sunday to two of Jerusalem's most sacred sites, with Israeli police locking arms to restrain the crowd and Secret Service agents packed tightly around America's first lady.

Stepping into the long-running Mideast conflict, she appealed for Israelis and Palestinians to commit to working for peace and said Americans "will do what they can in this process."

The demonstrations at the Western Wall and the Dome of the Rock showed "what an emotional place this is as we go from each one of these very, very holy sites to the next," Mrs. Bush said later in the West Bank town of Jericho as she stood at the ruins of the 8th-century Hisham's Palace.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Fortunately, Laura Bush was not hurt - that would have made an already volitile situation even worse . Apparently, the presence of any American political figure at Middle Eastern holy sites will be objectionable to some.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think the protests are to be expected after the Newsweek article. I just don't understand what she is doing there in the first place. I know it was a PR campaign to try to bring these people together, but it seems the harder we try to bring peace to the Middle East, the worse things get. I think they need to work out their differences themselves.

The only fault I find with Laura Bush is her taste in men. It would have been a serious incident if something had happened to her. I glad she is now safe.

new topics

join