It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"dummies guide to being a psychic" question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have the book "the dummies guide to being a psychic", and i've read probably half way through it, but i have never done any of the excercises because i don't think that my house has any spirirts that i connect with. Is it possible to do this anywhere? i mean make contact with someone or anything like that no matter where i am?

Thanks for your help

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yes - anywhere is fine. You don't need to feel them there to be able to contact them.
I've never read those kinds of books but have been courious (just not enough to spend money on them)...
Give us an example of one the exercises they tell you to do to contact a spirit. (I'll even try it and tell you if it works. Or better yet - tell you what THEY think of the idea :-)

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well take this for example:

Meditation and intuition Excersice:
Although not impossible, it's unlikely that you'll be open to getting psychic impressions when you're busy-Physically or mentally-with other things, ecspecially at the start. You'll be most open if you're relaxed state, which you may be best able to achieve through quiet meditation.

1. Close your eyes, Take a deep breath and relax.

2. visualize the sun over your head glowing radiant and warm.

3. imagine the light from the sun flowing through your body, filling your head, down through your neck, across your shoulders, down into your arms, through your hands, and then into your fingers.the light fills your chest, back, belly, and hips and flows down into your legs, feet, and toes.

4. imagine the light is bathing every cell with healing and calming energy. The light also brings knowledge and wisdom.

5. Now visualize this light flowing down through your physical body and out around your body. feel it soothing and relaxing you.

6.Take a deep breath in and slowly let it out as you say the word "relax". Begin to slowly count from 10 down to one. As you do, imagine you are becoming more and more relaxed.

7. When you arrive at the number one you're in a deeply relaxed state, Ask your question(evokes more of a "Yes" or "no" answer). Allow yourself to be open to any information that comes in. PAy attention to your feelings, symbolic impressions, and any physical sensation or words that come to mind.

Whew! That is one meditation excersice that i tried. Didn't get any response though

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Psychic, sigh

Well, my opinion-

I have not read the book you refer to. The exercises as you posted seem sane. Think about them. What is happening is that you are in effect hypnotizing yourself to be more receptive.

Visualization techniques are used by many people for many different things. While you do these exercises try them on a cold surface and make yourself sweat. Then you are mastering (in a low level way) your mind's control over your body.

With summer coming on this may be hard to do.

Go outside in the heat of the day. Pick a shady spot so the sun does not burn you. IF you are hot in this shady spot then do your exercises and make yourself cool or at least comfortable.

If you can accomplish things like this then you are on your way.

Next (not before, even if you fail in the above trials) tie a triangle of card stock weight paper (about 3” on each side) to a thin string or a thread from a light or some other overhead object. The thread needs to be at least 1 foot long, 2 is better. The 'hole' through which you tie needs to be a little off center from one point near the edge.

This needs to be in a place where you can sit and relax with your eyes within 2 feet of the triangle. Now focus your eyes on one side. Finally, the triangle will move. When you can do this and make it spin one direction try to make it spin the other. This will exercise your eyes and the subliminal part of your brain.

Let us know how this works for you, good luck.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by JoeDoaks]

new topics

top topics

join