It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Views On Mount Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This has been an enigma for many years in the state of W. Virginia, often denied outright by officials of our government.
Seems Greenbrier is alive and well.Your tax dollars at work..

www.avhub.net...

[edit on 22-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

[edit on 22-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hmm, I thought that Mt. Weather was more than a bunker for important people from a nuclear weapon. I had more of an idea that it was a facility where they kept enormous amounts of information about citizens, and is connected to the New World Order, not just laying there waiting for a nuclear attack.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's widely known and (at least to some extent) confirmed that Mt. Weather is part of the COG (continuity of government) initiative. In the event of a major national emergency, Mt. Weather will be used as a secure location from which portions of the government can operate.

There's really not much in the way of conspiracy or intrigue about the place. We know it's there and what it's there for. The conspiracy part has more to do with what they might have there in addition to what's necessary for the COG initiative. If that means that the place also acts as a repository for all the data that the government has collected in the part, then that makes sense. After all, suppose there is a big disaster (nuclear war, for example). Wouldn't you expect that they will have kept a backup of tax, banking, social security, medical, and other records on as many people as possible? Does continuity of government implicitly require the continuity of the society which they govern? Knowing who those people are and resurrecting the details of their lives after a disaster would seem to be a legitimate part of their function.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm not going to say too much but you would not believe the bandwidth going in there. Makes my mouth water.

In the data storage industry it's called offsite disaster recovery. Everyone does it-banks, hospitals, factories, the government. It's not just about nuclear war. What if a fire broke out in one of the main EPA data centers? Without having their data mirrored in a safe off-site location it would all be lost. It's not about conspiracy, it's about common sense.

new topics

top topics

join