It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU leaders dream up secret 'plan B' to rescue treaty if French say Non

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

European leaders have drawn up a secret plan to rescue the EU constitution if France votes narrowly against it in next week's referendum.

Until now senior EU figures, including José Manuel Barroso, the commission president, have said that there is no "plan B" if the French reject the constitutional treaty next Sunday, suggesting that it will effectively be killed off by a No vote. The Sunday Telegraph has established, however, that the 25 EU members plan to issue an emergency joint statement if rejection is by a small margin.

The statement would insist that the constitution, the blueprint for the EU's political future, lives on and that ratification must continue. The treaty has to be endorsed by all 25 states to take effect.

news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2005/05/22/weu22.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/05/22/ixnewstop.html

This is what ive been saying in my other thread,EU superstate will happen no matter what, the EU superstate will happen no matter what. Even though, it might still be rejected, the EU and NWO will be working hard to push forward their agenda to take control of Europe.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
infinite,

Who do you think has the passion to get out the votes in this fight? As an American looking in, it seems from what I see that it's the "NO" side, but I could be wrong...

Edit:

I found this -- here's some real French NON passion:

A [young man] in favor of the NO to the referendum over the European Constitution caused an incident at the [French] Senate by undressing (...).
The man, whose political leanings are unknown, had the word "no" written in black letters on his butt.

e-nough blog

[edit on 5/22/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
infinite,

Who do you think has the passion to get out the votes in this fight? As an American looking in, it seems from what I see that it's the "NO" side, but I could be wrong...

The "No" side is the side that has the passion to come out and voice their opinion, but the yes side is mainly made up of politicians who are trying to brainwash the public. The "Yes" side is very silent at the moment

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't undestand, if the Constitution is rejected by any member, it doesn't go into effect. The idea is that either the EU moves forward as a whole or not at all, unlike in the US, where only a certain number of states had to ratifiy it in order for the Constitution (or at first the Articles of Confederation) to go into effect (for those who did ratify it).

Under the plan, the treaty would be voted on again by the French after its ratification by all other EU states.

However, if France votes against the treaty by a big majority, a possible outcome dubbed a "grand Non", many EU leaders accept that the constitution would in effect be dead, and it would be futile to try to shore it up with an emergency statement

So it looks like this 'plan b' is to stump for the Constitution in the other states, and not just drop it merely if france votes against it, and then have a re-vote in france. I can't see how it would make a difference, surely no one is voting against it becuase they think other nations will vote against it, and obviously the French don't have any issues with being seen as 'obstructionists'.

Certainly a turning point in history, this bit, might set the standard for the EU superstate. I don't think that its inevitiable that it will happen in modern times, if there is widespread support against the constiotution, which does'nt even form a federal state, then there's not going to be more for such an integrated federal state. This constiution doesn't even provide for an EU army, no? All it does is give more power to the parliament and create an EU foreign minister, while not even getting ride of State Foreign Ministers. Its a very weak constitution, to say the least.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here's the Dutch EU voting solution:

www.sp.nl...

join