It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Council members election question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I would have gladly voted for council members, but...

Why should I vote for all of the positions? I mean, there are subjects I barely ever read, and those are subjects for which it would be difficult for me to pick someone: I don't know the "good" members for those subjects...

So why force the vote for all? Why not allow voting for only one or two positions? I have absolutely no idea of who I would vote for for at least 3 (even 4) of the 7 ones...

This is a good idea though, but maybe allowing this suggestion would bring more votes?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am assuming that your vote will not proces if you leave any blanks. I may be wrong, but that was my interpretation of the instructions. Of course, that was a couple of days ago, but that is what I remember.

Maybe vote for yourself.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Voting for yourself is an option. You could also read the multitude of threads around, and vote for some people whom people you trust would vote for. This is, after all, just the nomination round.

OR, and I'm just talking here, you could read more of ATS/BTS/PTS/ATSNN and get more involved in the wonderful community we have here.

Edit: Great minds, DTOM?

[edit on 5/22/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well, yes... I could indeed spend more time, but I think I already spend "too much" time here sometimes... (meaning I have other things to do as well!!)

But voting for me...
No... Why should I do that? It is not a good practice to do so, though I assume some persons do it sincerely... I don't know... Maybe vote for a banned member?
Or just vote for AboveTopSecret.com because it is obviously pointless to do so...

Thanks for the answers!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Spookyvince,
I can understnd why you might not want to vote for yourself. But, this is only the nomination process after all. If you don't have time to become acquainted with other forum areas, you have to vote for someone, be it you, me (mods aren't in the running) or SO.

And, when you think about it, everyone who runs for office votes for himself

Do your best....vote and exercise your ATS voice.

@ Amory

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have a solution: Vote Atomix!!! A brighter future today!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Right, look, in the end, I did vote.

I just voted honestly on the ones I thought I had to, and the other answers, as I suggested myself given the answers I previously had, I voted AboveTopSecret.com, which is an existing member (or so)...

So then, I am left with only a few non honest votes... I am just then non completely worried... I somehow feel like I was forced to vote though (I mean for the ones I did not actually have a vote).

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
To vote for yourself in a category you don't even read. Leave it blank maybe.....but do we really need to accidently vote someone into a category they don't pay attention too? Stranger things have happened in real elections.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
You don't have to fill in all the blanks (unless things changed real recently).

Don't feel forced to vote- I have no doubt there will be plenty of voters anyway.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well, what I did, was in the places that I would have ordinarily left blank, I put (abstain).

So, I voted for the ones I felt I could make the best informed decision on, and didn't on the others.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Don't feel forced to vote- I have no doubt there will be plenty of voters anyway.

You shouldn't feel forced. You should want to vote. Don't you want to help shape ATS, to help make it a better community? Making a community a partial democracy is a pretty novel idea when it comes to webboards. This is a chance of a lifetime, and you should really try and put some thought into it, for your own good.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It is a right, a privilage! My god, just think of all the people within the nation of America who struggled with equality, to gain a voice as one, compared to each other!

Blacks! Women! Illegal Aliens! Felons and Cons!

All have a place in the democratic selection of a committee or a leader! It is time we stand up and declare onto the world...

*feel free to humm "Glory Halleluja*

"I will NOT sit and stare blindly! I will NOT be swallowed by the darkness of turmoil or desolation! I will NOT allow myself to be led like a sicken dog!

"I will VOTE! My voice SHALL be heard! In mass, we shall over throw the shackles of oppression! We SHALL stand! We SHALL be strong!"

Leave not the votes blank! My god, people, look what happened with our last political campaign! EVERY vote counts!

*takes a bow*

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
ok...if you want to, you can vote me in for the ATS at Large position.

so much for any real campign lol...I'll just toss in my hat.

...............................just sayin

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Rivergoddess, You have my vote...

as long as everyone votes for me for the ufo council position, I am happy...

you do want to make me happy don't you?
ask yourself... what would I rather do than make Laz happy?
Nothing of course...
so thanks for your nomination, and vote.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's a set up I was at Barad-dûr, fortress of www.glyphweb.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Sauron for the long weekend.

[edit on 24/5/2005 by Sauron]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Nice post Sauron...

but it just seems wrong to vote for the dark lord of the underworld...
after all the trouble you caused those nice little hobbits...
and the obsession with rings... just kooky

Are you going for ATS at large... or a different council position?

top topics

join