It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Proposed Legislation Will Force Americans to Spy on Family Members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is defintely a communistic-like agenda.

So, whats in it for "us" if we turn family and friends and neighbors in??

Anything at all besides self gratification for being a snitch? No, thanks.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Interesting comment. I would say "fascist" - and did, as I recall. Can anyone explain the difference between "communist" and "fascist" here?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Are you talking about real communism or communism as defined by the U.S. government?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

So, whats in it for "us" if we turn family and friends and neighbors in??

Not getting jailtime, I suppose. Definitely fascist that is, although Nazism has rewards, I believe, for turning in your relatives. That's a perk we don't have! *shifty eyes*

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This Sensenbrenner is a nut-case if he thinks that a war-on-drugs will ever be won.

Here's another link and yet another on this ridiculous waste of time and effort.

The only way to stop this generation and future generations to quit using drugs is to give everyone on drugs as much as they want so that they'll start dropping like flies and others will have second thoughts about using drugs if they see everyone who did drugs being buried because of their willingness to do drugs.

Plus, cut out all funding for rehabilitation. It was a person's choice to get hooked on drugs then it should be that person's choice to get off of them. Giving these people drugs would cut the chance of them committing a crime to get money to get drugs. In time, they'll be dead.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Interesting comment. I would say "fascist" - and did, as I recall. Can anyone explain the difference between "communist" and "fascist" here?
I'll tell you what i know. I'm from a communist country- and there, every neighborhood had a committee of "snitches". You openly said anything about the government and they hung you publicly, or they would give you "paredon" (not to be confused with pardon) which means 5 or 6 officials would shoot your you know what against a wall.
It sure seems similar to what they say here, doesnt it?
Maybe they wont shoot ya, but there will be consequences to pay. The end result? You dont talk to anyone and you fear everyone.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The Dutch example shows that liberal drug laws can be beneficial

Prohibition does not work. Look at the US and the Netherlands drug policies. Who has less habitual users, who has less people imprisoned do to drugs?

Who spends more on the war on drugs than the US? That is right nobody, yet who has the highest usage and crime rate relating to drugs.

I posted some statistics on how much America pays for its drug war here in case you are interesting in learning more about the statistics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join