It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics : Downed F-117, downed F-16, damaged F-15, shot down Tomahawk in Kosovo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The cockpit canopy of the destroyed F-117A stealth bomber. March 27, 1999.

F-117A ejection seat

Tail section of the F-16CG downed over Sabac

The engine of the destroyed F-16CG - 40 - CF. May 2, 1999.

Tomahawk cruise missile being shot down over Serbia

The USAF F-15C fighter was badly damaged on March 25, 1999, and made an emergency landing at Sarajevo airport

Many more pics here

Check out this thread too >> Yugoslavia's secret SAMs

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well since the site claims the Serbs shot down a B-2, the credibility just got wanked.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Check out details of that in :

www.aeronautics.ru...

I dont know weather to believe that or not, but he has given a scientific explaination of how long-wave radars were against stealth aircraft.

He has given sources, some maps, etc

M6D

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well since the site claims the Serbs shot down a B-2, the credibility just got wanked.

i like the way you put that, everyone knows about the F-16 and the F-117, the USAF couldnt hope to cover up a B-2, so i hardly believe a b-2 shot down

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Don't make me laugh... A B-2 shot down?? The only phases in a flight of a B-2 where appears major indiscretions which could be used for a missile launch are Take-Off, Landing, and Bombing. I don't think the first phases were considered.

Left the Bombing phase, when the bombing bays (dunno the word in english, forgive me
) are opened. That means about 3 seconds for each bomb, and about triple this time to open and close the bays. In this time, the launcher (it must be a Radar Missile, an IR or EM missile can just simply not climb up there where the B-2 flies...) must acquire the plane, find a fire solution, launch, and then climb to the Spirit flight level... And of course avoid the jammers of the plane which constantly creates other echoes around its real position! That sounds a bit hard to me. And even with a so-called ultrapowerful long wave radar that detects Stealth planes, the ERS ( Equivalent Radar Surface, the shape of an echo on a military radar screen (SAR in french, surface équivalente radar)) of the Spirit is about the shape of a crow, or even worse of a duck...

Yeah, if you know that you're being inbound, you can for sure track every bird you spot... But a sam-site has discriminators, like an AWACS radar doesnt count the ground echoes flying under 120kt, the radar of a sam wouldn't count such a little echo!

God, it must be easier to get a RPG-7 near an US airbase, like Elmendorf, where Spirits may be placed, and shoot it from visi range when it takes off... Than to shoot it down in flight with a Sam battery!

Anyhow, I don't trust a single word of this story!

(Please dont accuse me of being partial with the US, I'm not american, so it's not being patriotic, its being realistic
)

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
yes indeed!!.. Who could ever imagine a B-2 being shot down!!..
And we would hear the same rhetoric about a F-117 being shot down if there was no wreckage..

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Stealth Spy just loves to hear about US aircraft being shot down, and I bet he actually thinks a B-2 really got shot down.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Hockeyguy567]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Liberty of Thinking is the first thing I respect, but this story basically sounds too huge to be true... A b-2 its one billion dollars... Not a single buck...

The two others stories are way true, a novel was even written about the F-16 story...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The F117 is getting old. I wont be amazed if it gets replaced rather soon. I dont think that tech to shoot down the B2 is widely available. Im sure that there is something out there but i think only in research labs.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
agree 1x tomcat, about the tech to shoot down a B-2, but theyre currently testing a new paint (like the raptor one) to draw on Nighthawks, to make them flyable by day. That might mean a new life for them?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Perhaps but the design is still quite old. I bet the designing of its successor is well under way. That could be the FB 22.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
those pics maybe true and i do remember hearing that a F117 got shot down, i think it was Pilot error for doing a wrong move or something that made him show up on radar and thats how he got shot down.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm quite sure the technology to shot down a B2 is already developed. Maybe not operational, but I would bet it's ready... probably it's easier than people uses to think. I'm not too much confident with the ERS of a bird size, sorry

And probably a B2 will be shot down (I don't believe anybody has done it yet), but I don't think the countries US is attacking now has the capacity to do this. Maybe in a few realistic war US vs Russia we would see this (and probably not, because there aren't too much B2 to shot down) but while US is using them to fight Irak or countries like this, we won't see a B2 destroyed...

M6D

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
i heard it was because of a bomb bay door got jammed..but then again, theres at least 10 diffrent verisons about it....

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hockeyguy567
Stealth Spy just loves to hear about US aircraft being shot down, and I bet he actually thinks a B-2 really got shot down.

To assume is only to make an a$$ of yourself.

Grow a brain you hoax Russian.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well i think that the F117 was most likely just spotted. The US will ofcourse always blame it on the pilot for propaganda purposes and i cant blame them for that.

M6D

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
if your gonna say that, lets never believe any goverment about how they say they lost their own planes and lets go to a country that is even more biased to get the answer then shall we?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Considering there are so few B-2's in serice, and their serial numbers are publicly available information, it would be extremely difficult to cover up a loss.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, then I may ask you Stealth Spy, do you really think a B-2 got shot down, and if so, can you prove it?

And you're telling me to grow a brain, I think you better ask yourself the same question bub.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So what was the fate of both AV-8 88-0329 and AV-11 88-0332? Did both or either of them crash during the Kosovo conflict? I can't find much accurate information about either of them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join