It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A male and female Sasquatch are reportedly being "contained" in Oklahoma.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I've been following this one. Though there are a lot of gaps right now in this report by Leigh, I don't think there is enough evidence to call this one yet. I think it would be just as wrong to dismiss this as it would be to say "YAY! Somebody's proven Bigfoot!"

I've contacted a news agency here in Indian Territory that recently did a series of reports on Bigfoot sightings in their area and have asked them to assist in investigating this claim.

Here's what I think should be kept in mind at this time:

1. As was pointed out earlier, Sundance [Indie] Film Institute is legitimate, and I agree it's kind of suspicious that the article claims to have contacted Sundance and that Sundance didn't point out what the "indie" reference pertained to. Heck, I'll add that it's kind of suspicious the writer of the article didn't get that on their own. *

2. With "Ghost Shield Studios" being an independent film maker, it could be no more than two guys with cameras for all we know. The fact that a garage studio isn't in the phone book doesn't mean squat at this point.

Just two points to consider.

I'm not saying I believe the containment story or that I don't believe it. I'm saying I think it's interesting, worth looking into, and not dismissable yet.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

By saying that the creatures answer to the names Otis and Sarah Jane, are these folks claiming that the Sasquatches in question are able to speak/comprehend English?

It could be true. I saw a show about a woman who has interacted her entire life with a family of bigfoots (bigfeet?). She even claimed that the dad bigfoot knocked on her door one day and asked to borrow a cup of sugar!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
hmmmm....im kinda anxious to see this documentary movie now. Someone find a bootleg of it

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Oklahoma has a long history of Bigfoot sightings,
My stepfather used to go out to locations of new sightings and camp for days...
he never saw anything, but heard some wierd things once.

I have to say, that this story is possible, but not likely...
there is no studio by that name, but then, this might be the first production from a new studio.
There is not really a good "lab" to use to observe them, unless they are at one of the university veterinarian hospitals...

possible...yes, but I will wait for the documentary before getting my hopes up...
and there is no listing for this production company in the oklahoma film commission website, that claims that ALL film industry proffessionals and companies are listed (more than 150) so I call BS on the name, so

It is only possible if:
it is a brand new production company.
they have kept this absolutley secret for the purposes of ? (must find reason)
and they have the ability to keep this out of the many media circles that would be interested...
just to announce it on a mid market radio program...
I am thinking this is more on the level of coast to coast material... it would get a spot easily enough...
to me, this just ruins the guys credibility, and he isn't wise to tease this way, without proof...

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well, the story is from PRNet.

PRNet is a news source where anyone can post news and no fact checking is done. I could post, for instance, that *I* am a Sasquatch and will reveal myself to the public in a week and if I put it on PRNet, it would go out to all the news feeds and anyone who cared to pick it up. This appears to be a piece of PR for the X-zone radio show.

A couple of extra points:
It's a "docudrama." Says so in the news release. I suspect there's darn little docu and a whole lotta drama in it.

Sundance isn't a governing body. It doesn't care what in the heck any filmmaker does (I looked into getting a film into Sundance once.)

If they are trying to name themselves the "Sundance Indie Film Institute" the Sundance Film Festival is gonna be all over them like white on rice.

X-zone sounds just a tad skeptical about it, too. And X-zone is basically an ArtBell-oid type show. We've all heard some real woowoos on Art Bell. Just because they're on there doesn't mean their information is good. I remember the guy who had a spaceship full of invisible 9 inch tall people in his back yard who was on Art Bell about 15 years ago... real dyed-in-the-wool woowoo, that one.

So... we've got a Bell/Rense type show, a speaker with a wild claim, and the show can't even find any confirming data but is letting them talk for the sensational and audience attracting concept.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

PRNet is a news source where anyone can post news and no fact checking is done. I could post, for instance, that *I* am a Sasquatch and will reveal myself to the public in a week and if I put it on PRNet, it would go out to all the news feeds and anyone who cared to pick it up. This appears to be a piece of PR for the X-zone radio show.

Silly Byrd - we'd know right away you were faking...*sasquatchies can't type* - pfffffft

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Maybe someone should fake a story on that PR site and see if it gets through. Might be interesting.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Living in Oklahoma and having relatives who live in south-eastern Oklahoma ... I don't doubt there are bigfoot-esque creatures roaming about; however, I seriously doubt any have been captured. Think about it.... If you bagged and tagged a bigfoot would you wait for a film to be made about it before going public? Shades of King Kong.... I'd drug the beast to La-La Land, then film it from head to foot, take plenty of blood and assorted DNA samples and plunk it down in front of as many people as I could and call the media, before the MIBs or any other alphabet agencies arrived to "handle" the situation. The last thing I'd do is sit on the find of the century!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Maybe someone should fake a story on that PR site and see if it gets through. Might be interesting.

THis would be a horrible idea. Hoaxing is pointless and damaging to the search for the truth.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
First that I have heard of it. Will check the coast-coast site and see if I can find anything else.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have never seen anything resembling a sasquatch anywhere, and I've hunted my whole likfe-life---excuse the spelling-my keyboard is in a spasm.

But the issue I hear most when people talk, is that hoaxers are in for a death wish.
I an 8 foot tall hairy being came into my site while in my area, on my land, which makes Boggy Creek film look like a parking lot, then its going to get a full metal jacket at very high velocity through its chest.
This is a bad thing for hoaxers dressing up to do.
If there are bigfoots roaming around, I do not believe that just observing them will do for science.
For proof to be had there must be a dead body.

Also, if they do exist, then I do not think they are meant by God to be found.
This ushers in the philosophy that goes back to the Garden of Edemn.
Could it be that these are the underground dwellers-the giants of the earth, roaming in those days.
Maybe searchers should seek them in the earth and not on top of it.

Just a few thoughts from some one who has no idea.
lol
D

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Its just-to add a comment-a very bad thing to do, dressing up as a bigfoot and moving through the woods.
There should actually be a law against it.
It could get someone killed-quick-and I mean done to rights dead, not coming back.
It also, creates havoc in the search to prove true accounts, or to disprove them.

I don't think they -if there are any-reall bigfoots-are meant to be found.
The search could go on for centuries without proof.
Reminds me of the show where the woman said they were coming to her house for food and talking to her.---come-on!

Guess I'll just go on with my normal life until one walks into the campfire light.
Then I will be convinced.
Until then, it's ALL heresay.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!

Good post Byrd! Has Prophet Yahweh found this drivel spouting site yet?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The following statement appeared on the BFRO website on May 31st and was only up a matter of hours before pulled.

Where Help is Needed : Our Wish List

The BFRO frequently receives offers of assistance from people who want to help the effort in some way. We are offered various things -- equipment, free lodging in sighting areas, technical expertise on GIS mapping, etc. We are always impressed and moved these offers of assistance, and we'd like to accept assistance when it matches some of our current needs.

This page will serve as a wish-list for things we need or could use at present or in the near future.

Seeking an individual adventurer of substantial means.

The BFRO seeks an individual who can fund and assist with a project to obtain close-range video footage of a family of sasquatches.

An adequately supported project will cost less than three million dollars and take less than three years.

The product of the project -- the close-range footage -- will be worth much more than three million dollars.

The backing for the project must come from an individual. It cannot come from a partnership, a committee, or a corporation.

Unlike with other seemingly high risk ventures, this one will allow a potenital backer to see the object of the pursuit early on, before a large amount of money is infused into an effort to obtain footage. In other words, a backer will be able to satisfy himself/herself of the existence of these animals, and the possibility of, and value of, close-range video, before committing to the necessary funding to obtain the footage.

Consequences - will project success be bad for sasquatches?

Sasquatches have survived through the most environmentally destructive period in American history. The decimation of U.S. forests in general, reached its peak in the 1950's and 1960's. In many places the forests have grown back and created super rich habitat areas, especially in the midwest and eastern states. These habitat areas give rise to near plague levels of deer. They may also harbor more bands of nocturnal sasquatches, collectively, than in the Pacific Northwest.

The impact of close-range footage will not, even in the most epic scenarios, create anywhere near the amount of pressure they have already experienced, survived and adapted to.

People around the globe will instantly feel tremendous respect for sasquatches when they finally see close-range footage of them "chattering" to each other. They have a spoken language. It will be possible to document this in close-range footage.

The mere existence of these animals will stun the world. Their language ability will make the footage twice as profound. It will "humanize" them to the public. This will greatly help contain any lawless behavior that might be directed at them.

The benefits to sasquatches as a consequence of the footage will be rapidly self-evident.

After conducting expeditions in habitat areas around the country, we can now confidently guarantee a few different things.

First: It is possible to get close enough to these animals to remove any doubt of their existence long before close-range daylight footage can be obtained.

Second: They do have a spoken language -- an ability previously thought to be exclusive to humans. Language ability, and thus the ability to communicate information from generation to generation, and individual to individual, helps explain how they could have been sharing the land with humans into modern times without becoming prey to humans.

Third: The project won't be boring, ever.

If you might be personally interested, please leave a voicemail on the BFRO's message line:

(949) 278-6403.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Valhall is correct. The two points he/she made regarding Sundance being an "indy" Film Institute, and Ghost Shield being and unknown fledgling studio/film maker is quite astute. We could all learn something from Valhall's patient objectivity.
And I doubt Ghost Shield will be unknown (or poor) for very long when or if they release (sell) their anticipated footage.
I personally listened to the X-Radio interview on this matter. I have also read the transcripts of the interview. The interviewee was not being deceptive in a malcious manner, but rather in an excited, secretive manner.
Several times he mentioned (and was asked about) the containment being in the state of "Oklahoma". The term "Oh-Mah" is and was historically used by the native people of the Northwest part of the U.S. when referring to Sasquatch; not the natives of Oklahoma. I did percieve this as a very deliberate piece of mis-information on the part of the interiewee. The brief May 31st posting by the BFRO is also an incredibly intriguing and very telling piece of this puzzle, or a very nicely-executed piece of internet ubran-legend fiction:

"a backer will be able to satisfy himself/herself of the existence of these animals, and the possibility of, and value of, close-range video, before committing to the necessary funding to obtain the footage."

If this posting is legitimate, I personally would not be surprised if Daniel Perez was the author. Regardless of the identity of the author, the BFRO is HQ'd in the Northwest, not in Oklahoma.

There is another line of thought used by the same native peoples that used the term "Oh-Mah"; and that translates into "if you don't want to be followed or found, guide your persuers down a different path".

I would be very surprised indeed to learn that the "containment" area is really in Oklahoma.

There is much more to this entire event than a simple fraud or lie. This interview has every indication of being a pre-emptive campaign of dis-information and mis-direction.
As for those foolish, arrogant humans that refuse to believe that these species (and their kind) exist......"until one walks into the camp fire light"......take my word for it.......if even a young sasquatch was close enough to you in the forest at night to walk into the light of your campfire (8mmmauser), it would be far too late for you to become a "believer", and still be alive to tell others that you had changed your mind! And as for a 9.5-foot tall adult male Sasquatch doing the same........he could literally snap you like a twig before you could move enough to close your awe-struck mouth. It HAS happened, even though it is not their typical nature to attack humans.

Let us not foget, it was only in the past 60 years or so that the mountain gorilla moved from legend and myth to accepted scientific fact.

Denial of an obvious truth greater than one’s own ego is very human behavior. A truly open mind accepts greater truths and therefore benefits from greater knowledge.

Vishnu

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I do think that bigfoot is out there however i feel this story is a fake. Why? Well many cheap documentaries like this rely on lies to get people interested in watching their movie. It is like the "missing" people in that african documentary about witchdoctors. I'm from South Africa and i know that it is a bunch of crap that they would just vanish because of that film. I saw the acting as well and it was pretty pathetic. The witchdoctor would be more than happy for you to film him/her. Plus they are called sangoma's not witchdoctors, they would have picked up on that.

They also don't care if your body is found so they wouldn't be missing they would just be mutilated.

Anyone who believes that lady who said she has been interacting with bigfoot for many years should get their head examined. He asked to borrow a cup of sugar, wtf? Are you kidding me, first of all this ape just happened to speak the exact same language as english. What did he need the sugar for, was he baking a cake in his kenmore oven? I don't think sugar cane grows in central USA naturally so they would not eat sugar in the first place.

I would like to be wrong but i know that i'm not.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Anyone who believes that lady who said she has been interacting with bigfoot for many years should get their head examined. He asked to borrow a cup of sugar, wtf? Are you kidding me, first of all this ape just happened to speak the exact same language as english. What did he need the sugar for, was he baking a cake in his kenmore oven? I don't think sugar cane grows in central USA naturally so they would not eat sugar in the first place.
I would like to be wrong but i know that i'm not.

LOL. I believe the lady may have been humorously referring to that god awful sitcom that used to be on called "Bigfoot and the Hendersons" (at least I hope she was). You are right about them not eating sugar though, they are a diet obessesed species and only use lo-cal sugar substitute.

Seriously though, this film is a obviously a publicity stunt. The capturing of a sasquatch would be one of the most momenteous events in human history. If you were publicly minded you would take them to a leading university and give them over for study. If you wanted cash you would inform the worlds media and start the bidding war going for exclusive access (TV, book, film rights etc) - I think for something of this importance you could well be into hundreds of millions of dollars. But what do these guys do? Neither. They get a couple of blokes with digital cameras to make a "docudrama" - really? Does this need dramatising? Are they not interested in science, fame or money?

There is one thing about keeping an open mind, it is another to stop applying your critical facalities and common sense.

BTW: I love the way they say that one of the creatures may be a hybrid. This sounds just like the hundreds of cases of "half man-half ape" creatures that used to be displayed by snake oil salesmen in victorian times. They always turned out to be a bloke with excessive hair or a shaved monkey with a broomstick strapped to it's back. I wonder which one this will be....

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Uh..by them saying "answers to the name Otis" doesn't mean they can speak English lol!

I call my two dogs (Riley & Accendo) all the time..its the same practice lol..

jeez..

-wD

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Obviously I don't believe her story. I was simply stating what I saw on the documentary. You really need to calm down... Next time I make a joke I'll be sure to include an "LOL".

Gosh, it seems like the longer I've been on ATS the more I have to dumb my posts down! LOL

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I wasn't mocking you i was just mocking the women because she is clearly a crazy bitch. I think this is just some guy trying to scam somebody out of 3 million dollars. They could have made some really good gorilla suits to fool people and all they have to do is find some gullible rich guy and get him to fund the documentary. I wouldn't ever invest $3 million in some crackpot production like this. I'm hardly ever wrong so i'll put my money on this being a scam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join