It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft I am not aware of...Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Got this off the Jeff Rense site. Is this old news? If not, anyone recognize the icon on the flap?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It looks like some kind of UAV to me, someone here will able to enlighten you further.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken that is the Boeing prototype UAV design name pegasus.
I'm supposing that the icon is the project pegasus symbol.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
looks like the Boeing X45C J-UCAS

The Pegasus is the X-47 which is smaller and the intake is not as deep.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Looks like a version of the Dark Star UAV. The program was cancelled (or so they say) in 1999. I could tell better if I could see more of the wings.

RQ-3A DarkStar Tier III Minus

Xon

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This is the kind of planes that make some people belive in Alien and UFO from space

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Its pretty clear to me now that it is a Dark Star. You can see the right wingtip clearly to the left of the fuselage. For a comparison of other possibilities, this site is good.

Stealth - UAVs

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Pictures of the X-45C Mock up which were taken by myself at last years RIAT.

The first picture in this tread could be taken at the same event looking at the aircraft in the background and to the left in one of my pictures.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by ajsr71]

[edit on 22-5-2005 by ajsr71]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Looks like I am wrong on this one. Good call, ajsr71. The open bay doors and the angle of the photo threw me off. Looks like the pictures you took are at the same show, as you said.

This is the picture that threw me off. The acute angle of the nose is obvious, as it is not in the picture accompanying the first post in this thread. From the other pictures you posted, ajsr71, the nose angle is more clearly visible. Again, good call. And I was so sure I was right!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
This is the picture that threw me off. The acute angle of the nose is obvious, as it is not in the picture accompanying the first post in this thread. From the other pictures you posted, ajsr71, the nose angle is more clearly visible.

This picture is the X-45A, a much smaller prototype with a different design layout. The pictures iufan35 and ajsr71 posted are of the X-45C. The X-45C was redesigned after the requirements for the concept were changed, calling for a much longer range and the ability to carry a larger payload. The new design is a flying wing.

X-45A:

X-45C:

Northrop Grumman also redesigned its X-47A to meet the new requirements, and the X-47B looks quite different as well.

X-47A:

X-47B:

You can learn more about these aircraft at the official J-UCAS site:

www.darpa.mil...

The "Overview" section is particularly informative.

top topics

join