It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Some Plants Alien Life Forms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is an interesting read and raises a number of questions in my mind as to whether plants are in fact alien life forms. This is a belief held by Terrence McKenna author of the book 'Food of the Gods' in which he gives examples of how psilocybin mushrooms as an example have unique intelligence, which is possibly tapped into a broader level of consciousness that exists in the Universe. Beyond fiction? Perhaps not.

Off on another information gathering path in search of truth....

www.theosophy-nw.org...

[edit on 21/5/2005 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't know how reliable that was, but it was an interesting read.

I kind of wonder, if they are alien lifeforms, how they managed to come to our earth....is it saying that some other type of lifeform possibly 'dropped them off' here?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
When I was young I believe that the sunflower to be a foreign instalation of another world that was put here for our enlightenment of other worlds visiting us.I was told this flower is definately not native to anywhere in our world.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There is a thought that they travelled here as spores from outer space. I am not sure about this, but I would be interested in hearing other views. I will continue to search for more information.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
How did the 'spores' get through our atmosphere?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Lady of the lake,

Check out this link www.vegparadise.com...
This tells some interesting fact about it.Look at the locations in which they were placed,pretty interesting.South america,north america and Mexico.Pretty interesting that all these spots are high on the hot spots for alien contact/encounters.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I suspect viruses evolved elsewhere. They seem to be suited for long distance space travel.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
How did the 'spores' get through our atmosphere?

Perhaps via space dust and other foreign objects landing on earth. perhaps they were planted by alien visitors.

I don't have the answer just exploring possibilities.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Oh, I'm starting to get some pictures of how this might happen. Like, an asteroid might crash on earth with the spores of these plants, and then when it impacted, the spores began to grow...interesting, I'm starting to like this theory more and more, I'll look into it.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Not sure if these tie in with the actual plants are aliens part, but these give some information about how plants are intelligent life. The first was on the ATSNN news a few months ago.

1.) www.atsnn.com...
2.) skepdic.com...

Says University of Utah biologist Leslie Sieburth, "If intelligence is the capacity to acquire and apply knowledge, then, absolutely, plants are intelligent."

I think that is a very true quote, and that quotes are very much intelligent life, even if not in the same way that us humans are.

The second link is a pretty interesting read about plant perception, even though it's not totally related to this subject, and might seem a little 'out there'.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
panspermia theory? ("spermia" = "sperm" seedling of life)

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have a book by Jane Goldman, its about real X Files or something I can't find where it its now, anyway there is a page in it about the venus fly trap that the seeds can withstand incredible temperatures enough for a flight through space and there mainly found near where meteors fell to earth and it says that its the only plant on earth like it.

new topics

top topics

join