It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was General Patton assassinated?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Patton was one of my dad's favorite war heroes, and I grew up hearing about him--he was quite a character. I was told that he'd died in a car accident--no way for a soldier to go.

Just now I asked myself, was it just a car accident, or did something get set up a la Princess Diana?

Seems to be the former, and I found this article on Rense.

Apparently he didn't like Ike (Eisenhower) and argued with the wrong people.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would hope Patton wasnt assassinated, he's obviously one of the few American generals that a lot of ppl like. Anyways, Patton believed in reincarnation so he should be around somewhere fighting.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The accident wasn't the type one would expect for an assasination. Gen. Patton was just positioned poorly in the vehicle at the time of impact and his neck was broken. Every effort was taken to save him, but it seemed to be his time to go home.

I know, it doesn't seem fair, but that is the way it goes, sometimes.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Good ol' Patton, he did have a loud mouth

speaking of generals, Irwin Rommel is probably one of my favorites. Though he was a nazi, he was proud and dedicated.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz
Good ol' Patton, he did have a loud mouth

speaking of generals, Irwin Rommel is probably one of my favorites. Though he was a nazi, he was proud and dedicated.

Well, I don't think much of Rommel, and here's why:

My granduncle (maternal grandmother's brother) died fighting against Rommel's forces in North Africa in 1943. No one in his unit survived.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I hope one of our greatest general wasnt assasinated, i doubt he was......

Also, rommel was not a nazi, he publicly detested many of the crimes commited by the nazis and had many disagreements with hitler..

And he was plotting against hitler, thus he was given two options, suicide or trial for treason, he chose suicide.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's horrible that your family lost your Grand Uncle, but you don't have to like him to respect him for his greatness as a military strategist and leader.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't know if everyone is aware of the conspiracy angle involving Patton's death. I believe he is tied to a holy relic that goes all the way back to the crucifixion of Jesus, the Spear of Longinus, said to be the one that pierced the side of Jesus on the cross. The relic is supposed to make the one in possession of it invincible in battle, and cause death to the one who relinquishes it. Hitler had it, and as legend goes, so did Patton for awhile after it was liberated. I think it was Ike who ordered it returned to the Hapsburgs, and it is in a museum in Vienna today, if I am not mistaken.

The Spear of Longinus

Fascinating story. Good thread topic.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Patton was one of my dad's favorite war heroes, and I grew up hearing about him--he was quite a character. I was told that he'd died in a car accident--no way for a soldier to go.

Unfortunately, soldiers do go out that way. It just doesn't sound heroic.

How strange, though, that you would bring this up! My friend was just talking about this very subject last night!
Patton was run over by a deuce and a half (2 1/2 ton truck). He said his dad swore Patton was killed - that it wasn't an accident.

As for me, I say, who knows. My ex's grandpa was run over by a truck at the end of the Korean War. Right before he was due to ship home.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The accident wasn't the type one would expect for an assasination. Gen. Patton was just positioned poorly in the vehicle at the time of impact and his neck was broken.

Car wreck, you say? My friend was telling me Patton was run over by a 2 1/2 ton truck...

Are you sure? It'd be great to be able to bust him out on that. He's quite confidant that he knows everything.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The accident wasn't the type one would expect for an assasination. Gen. Patton was just positioned poorly in the vehicle at the time of impact and his neck was broken.

Car wreck, you say? My friend was telling me Patton was run over by a 2 1/2 ton truck...

Are you sure? It'd be great to be able to bust him out on that. He's quite confidant that he knows everything.

I heard it was a tank that fell on him, whats going on here

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken and i'm prettysure I'm not. Patton was riding in a jeep and a supply truck came thruogh the intersection and basically T-boned the vehicle Patton was riding in.
Patton died later, without regaining consciousness. Noone else was injured severly in the accident. It surely doesn't seem like assasination to me.
But then some see conspiracy and subterfuge all around every event that takes place.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Patton bio pages
Suffers a neck injury on 9 December in an automobile accident near Mannheim, Germany.
Dies from an embolism on 21 December at the 130th Station Hospital in Heidelberg, Germany.
Buried on 23 December in the American Military Cemetery at Hamm, Luxembourg.

Here's how I recollect the story:
new driver
car wreck
broken neck
in traction and under morphine (against his will)
after a few days he was found dead with twisted neck supposedly from brace

I always believed he was murdered. The new driver, a car wreck that should have killed him and didn't then the hospital death.

Patton Murdered
Patton did not regard the Jews as a nation, but rather as a religion. He pointed out that Jews were citizens of many nations, like Catholics and Moslems. He opposed the idea of creating a homeland for what he considered to be a religion. Eisenhower had instructed Patton to remove German citizens from their homes, and give them to displaced Jewish people. Patton opposed this practice as being a violation of the Geneva Conventions.

You guys need to learn how to use this thing called Google. (click this red word)

It is really neat

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks

Patton bio pages
Suffers a neck injury on 9 December in an automobile accident near Mannheim, Germany.
Dies from an embolism on 21 December at the 130th Station Hospital in Heidelberg, Germany.
Buried on 23 December in the American Military Cemetery at Hamm, Luxembourg.

Here's how I recollect the story:
new driver
car wreck
broken neck
in traction and under morphine (against his will)
after a few days he was found dead with twisted neck supposedly from brace

I always believed he was murdered. The new driver, a car wreck that should have killed him and didn't then the hospital death.

Patton Murdered
Patton did not regard the Jews as a nation, but rather as a religion. He pointed out that Jews were citizens of many nations, like Catholics and Moslems. He opposed the idea of creating a homeland for what he considered to be a religion. Eisenhower had instructed Patton to remove German citizens from their homes, and give them to displaced Jewish people. Patton opposed this practice as being a violation of the Geneva Conventions.

You guys need to learn how to use this thing called Google. (click this red word)

It is really neat

You know, that's REALLY interesting given the supposition that the Zionists WANTED a state just for the Jews! Does that make you go "HMMMM" or what?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
You know, that's REALLY interesting given the supposition that the Zionists WANTED a state just for the Jews! Does that make you go "HMMMM" or what?

It would but for years I have about this very subject and I've been asked to hmm a few bars
(get it?)

j/k

They weren't the only ones.

Patton was arrogant, etc. He was poked in the funnies and cartoons. He also was two things American politics did not want:

intensely popular,
exceedingly rich.

Patton would have knocked Truman out of the white house and upset any deals the Republicans were cooking up. He also was staunchly anti-Russian.

Not anti-communist, ant-Russian.

He wanted to re-arm the Germans and link up in Moscow

Yes, he had a few very powerful groups wanting him gone.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Interesting question, especially with all the controversy around his last command in Germany and not getting all the Nazis Party out of control

Though a simple car accident could not really account for an assisnation attempt on his life in my opinion. But an original an interesting thought you have just the same.

Dallas

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
. . . a simple car accident could not really account for an assisnation attempt on his life in my opinion. But an original an interesting thought you have just the same.

New driver, the driver disappeared after the accident.

Next

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
But more than a decade ago, I rented an apartment from Patton's "regular" driver.

No. Seriously.

This dude had all the medals, letters from Patton, his family, etc, and pictures of himself with Patton. He used to tell the same stories over and over. He would tell me repeatedly what the writers got wrong in "a bridge too far." I always listened intently, out of respect for the man, and fascination with the details. My landlord was basically a well-meaning, if uneducated, religious person. It was hilarious to listen to someone who had never previously tasted alcohol, describe being a 20-year-old in occupied France. . .

Anyway.

Once I asked Mr. Landlord about being Patton's driver. I mean, I thought Patton and his driver were killed in a wreck. . .

He got real frustrated and raised his voice. He kind of threw a fit and shouted that Patton was the greatest servant of this nation that had ever walked the earth, and his death was "terrible and shabby." (his words).

I know that Mr. Landlord served as a sergeant for most of the war (he told me over and over about how most city boys couldn't drive a jeep up-hill). But I also noticed that he finished with a commissioned rank. Captian, I think. Do they give you a promotion when you leave the military, as a thank you?

Anyway, I wished I had ever asked him point-blank about Patton's death. Didn't realize it was a possible "story." Sadly, Mr. "landlord" has since passed away. His grandkids have let the property become a slum.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Do they give you a promotion when you leave the military, as a thank you?

You know that answer. However, some enlisted have made it into officer country.

You said he was the 'regular driver.' Was he the driver the day of the accident?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks

You said he was the 'regular driver.' Was he the driver the day of the accident?

My impression was not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join