It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate slow news days, so..lets talk clowns and dolls!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
How do you feel about clowns?

Any aprehension about having a doll in your room while you sleep?

I like to know how people feel about these things. I myself have no problem with clowns, but a doll in my bedroom could keep me awake.

I like talking about these things sometimes to see if some share the same fears.

Thanks

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Haunted Possessed Disney Stitch Teddy Dangerous?
No reserve - I just want it gone Item number: 5566217149

Bidder or seller of this item? Sign in for your status Email to a friend
Bidding has ended for this item

If you are a winner, Sign In for your status.

EBay item netted over 11,ooo $ doll said to be haunted

source

Winning bid: US $11,100

//ed to shorten link//

[edit on 22-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

Odd

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
clowns don't bug me too much, simply because most of the clowns i've seen are actually overweight old guys whose breath smells like Jim Beam.

dolls, though... there are some that just look downright malicious. I've read a few interesting and purportedly true stories involving possessed stuffed toys, but it is frequently beyond me to judge what is genuine and what was made up to attract attention (or bids, in the case of mr. stitch up there.)

ventriloquist's dummies... now those are the spawn of the Devil himself, that is for damned sure.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I like to know how people feel about these things. I myself have no problem with clowns, but a doll in my bedroom could keep me awake.

Perhaps you haven't met the right clown-doll...

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Rant, that is one wicked looking clown, I wouldn't want that thing no where near me....clowns have given me the willies since I read "It", by King.
Come to think of it, don't care too much for dolls either.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I had a picture of a clown that my aunty gave me for my birthday when I was 6 and it scared the S#@*T out of me, I even had a dream that it came alive in the picture to get me.
It soon disapeared from the wall.

[edit on 22/5/05 by Stranger Dreamer]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
RANT- ok, now i'm scared!
Where on earth did you get that?

Yikes! My life will never be the same...

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
RANT...Is the clown doll for sale....
I know my ex-girlfriend would love it

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Gosh lol i hate clowns. *shivers* ever since i was little and watched polterguiest and in my room i had the excact same clown as the one in the film i have hated them

As for dolls me and my brother had this freeky dolls head when we were kids it was are grans,

and we used to dare each other to kiss it! lol

in the end we kept throwing it away in the trrash and it always seemed to make its way back in to the house! we threw on a bon fire in the end lol...

My brother still hates dolls and got all freeked when he watched a film called *dolly dearest* lol

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
LOL I was keeping a doll for my niece, a beautiful doll dressed as a bride.
I had it in the bedroom, and i used to wake up and look at it 3 or 4 times a night.
One morning, i took it and stuck it in the trash...
I would have put it in the closet but what if something started knocking in the closet?

Better safe than sorry. I will get my niece a nicer one.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
One of the places I worked at as a psychic was a professional haunted house. Clowns, chainsaws, skeletons, etc, etc don't bother me. In fact, it's really NOT Halloween for me without the sound of chainsaws buzzing, clowns honking, and people running and screaming in fear.

I'm... sort of demented that way.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I never really liked clowns, I think they're kind of freaky but I don't think I was ever really scared of them.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quake
RANT...Is the clown doll for sale....
I know my ex-girlfriend would love it

Seems to be...

www.lenashore.com...

I like these: The Legend of Constance and Constantine
external image

A related unrelated: I used to live in a 100 year old warehouse and collected things made there over the years.... Can't find a picture on-line as there may have only been one, but at one point I had turn of the last century BABY FACE soaps for a while that you just couldn't take your eyes off of...super creepy, sets of 3, evil baby heads in a box.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Rant- i'm sooooorrrry i started this thread. Wherever did you get those creepy dolls?
I want you to know i had a dream last night ABOUT THEM.

Not tonight, though....I stay up tonight and post about Bush. Never mind the dolls!

Bush doesnt scare me as much...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Dg, my husband bought a beautiful hand painted portrait of clowns for my daughter when he was in Japan.

My daughter was five at the time, and the clowns in the picture are very vivid and not scary at all.

I hanged the picture in her wall at the end of her bed so she could see them.

A few weeks later my daughter had started screaming one night because she said that the clown’s faces were turning to look at her.

I have kept the painting in my living room since then.

I also had to take all the dolls out of her room because she complained that they were trying to talk to her.

I have not problems with clowns or dolls myself, my problem is that I wake up in the middle of the night because is shadows and movement all over the room.

I am not afraid of it and when it gets too hectic I Just tell them to go bother the neighbors.

Now I remember waking up one night and seen a monkey kind of creature hanging from my ceiling fan, and in another occasion I saw a hole bunch of littler people running away after I focused on them.

Now the later was while I was on neurontin for back pain, I told the doctor and he just looked at me funny.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Doll 'kidnapper' sentenced to five-and-a-half years in jail.

Takeishi Shibuya, 31, was convicted of stealing 15 of the large dolls, valued at about 1.1 million yen, a court official in Yamagata prefecture, northern Japan, said today.

In several cases, Shibuya used pepper spray and spray paint to fend off store employees, leading prosecutors to demand a sentence of nine years in prison.

"But he has reflected on his crimes and feels bad about what he did, so the sentence was lighter as a result," the official said.

After a wave of "Peko-chan" disappearances last year, the company suggested chaining the dolls down, but customers complained that this would be cruel.

Article

Please, please, don't chain me down.

Sanc'.

top topics

join