It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can people stand to watch Talk Shows?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
How can people stand to watch talk shows like Maury when it's the same damn thing over and over, about some slut that can't keep her legs closed, Montel is always promoting pot, Oprah is just a stupid b*tch, Springer is the same trailer trash/redneck garbage, all those talk shows promote lies and ignorance about "lie detector tests" which "polygraph tests" DON'T detect lies at all, only a moron would submit to take one.

You'd have to have an 70-80 IQ to like to watch those shows.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
You'd have to have an 70-80 IQ to like to watch those shows.

It sounds like you've been watching a lot of them!

So Montel has changed his tune on pot. I guess a painful disease will do that to you. I recall many years ago watching an episode where one of the guests claimed to be high during the show. Montel ripped into him asking something along the lines of "What if you just wen nuts and and attacked the next guest that came out?" The guy was like "what the hell does me being stoned have to to with that?"

I agree those shows are pretty much useless except maybe for setting an example of how not to act. Now that I think about it, that applies to almost every show on T.V.

Steve

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It sounds like you've been watching a lot of them!

Nope, just look at the episodes' titles on titantv.com

Maury:
I'm Scared...Is My Brother In Law My Baby's Dad? (Monday episode title)

They Lied! They Cheated! They're Back (Tuesday)

Don't Leave Me...I Slept With Your Sister! (Wednesday)

One Hundred Percent Opposite and Madly in Love (Thursday)

Sex Crimes...Dangerous Moments...Caught on Tape (Friday)

I encounter episode titles for talk shows when I look to see what Simpsons episodes will be airing in syndication during the week.

You don't need to watch talk shows to know what they air, the repetitious nature of the shows are given in the episode titles from the online tv guides.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think Springer is meant to be ridiculous and that's the way I see it, but I still enjoy taking a break and laughing while watching it.

Maury IS repetative garbage. I really hate how all the slut hags go running off the stage crying after they receive the bad news.

Montel is still on?? That show was weak!

BRING BACK GERALDO!!!

Peace

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Oh I forgot to mention when I was younger my sister used to watch those shows all the time over the summer, and just flipping through the channels today you get five seconds of the show like "the lie detector test showed..." then flip to the next channel etc etc etc.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
HA! Maury is great! Watching one show, these women had been on the show 3-4 times before trying to find the daddy. IDK why, but they were all black. Anyways, everytime the man came out the crowd boos him and the woman screams "You the daddy, you the daddy!" Then Maury reveals that the guy isn't and he goes "YES! Told you ho!" and leaves, then the next guy comes out, repeat, and then the next, and then a different girl comes on and it's the same thing. What I don't get is why does the crowd boo the guy? He didn't do anything, and everytime they aren't the daddy.

The best one was a woman screaming about how the baby had "you eyes"(yes you, couldn't pronounce R I guess) and again, "you the daddy!". It was the 5th time she had been on the show, and the 18th man tested, and again, not the daddy. What's worse is that every guy is saying I'm not the daddy, and is correct! Love that.

Jerry Springer, he has admitted to loving the fights, the amazing, the bizarre, and the worse the better. He has admitted this several times, last time on VH1 on "When Jerry Springer Ruled the World."

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I heard a guy that used to go to my school was on a talk show over here in the U.K. called "Trisha"
He was on some show about cheating on his girlfriend, and wanting her back, etc. As much as i dislike those shows, i would have liked to have seen that one!
Also, i must admit to watching Jerry Springer once or twice for a laugh!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It seems every talk show now,id a remake of past Springer shows.

Bring back Donahue!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Okay, so while I back some of my talk shows (which will go nameless for my own sake), Maury is one that really aggravates me... My sister, who is about to be thirteen and has no concept of anything that needs brain usage, watches the show, without fail, DAILY... And I sware that it never changes... If I have to walk into the room and see the words "Are you my baby's daddy?" on the bottom of the screen one more time I might scream...

Why can't people watch a show with some sort of value and substance... If not something semi-educational, why not something with, dear God, an actual PLOT LINE!!! Nobody cares if that guy is the father of that chick's baby... If you sleep around enough to have 12 different possible fathers, then that's your own deal and don't bug the rest of humanity trying to figure it out... :bnghd:

new topics

top topics

join