It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain to hit 99F on wednesday!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
just heard this second hand so i dont know how solid it is, but apparently the UK will hit 99 degrees farenheit on wednesday!

so this is for anyone out there who thinks global warming is not a problem, how do you explain this???

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hmmm...
The weather does tend to get hot at this time of year, and in South East England the temperature has been known to exceed 90 degrees F. I've never heard of such hot weather as this though.

This is just a forecast, so best just to wait and see.

I'm all for global warming, because I live in Scotland, but climate change is giving us wetter colder summers here

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ah crap, are you all gonna make me post all this global warming research again? Please go to science and tech and do some research. Or better yet, do an ATS search. One localized hot day does not give reverence to a purely political theory.

Here's the latest ongoing GW thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
I'm all for global warming, because I live in Scotland, but climate change is giving us wetter colder summers here

Summer? Damn I almost forgot how to say the word. Do we still get them?

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Floods, Forest fires, higher then average summer temperature's we have had all of this here in Wales all in the space of 2 weeks... what next?

[Edited on 4-8-2003 by clive]

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It is extremely hot and does seem to get that little bit hotter each year. However I am used to having a fan right next to me during this time of year, and walking around in as little clothes as can be considered appropriate. Its the humidity that's killing me if anything.

Hell, just because it rains like mad for nine months of the year doesn't mean it can't be hot in England too!

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Its the humidity that's killing me if anything.

Amen, i'm roasting here and its 11pm, anyone had any large thunderstorms, we had a nice display about an hour ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   

KILLER MOSQUITO ALERT

A species of killer mosquito has been spotted in Britain for the first time.

"With this hot weather there's a concern it may become established here."

Rest of story here.

Is this a mere cooincidence that teh mosquito has shown up at a time when the heat is very very high.
Could it be that through weather manipulation the temps have been raised to give the mosquitos time to establish themselves.

Are these mosquitos going to eventually given a disease to wipe out a LARGE amount of the population.

Read how they got there... By being in water in car tires... hmmm, very fishy if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
We had an established colony of some deadly spider in Bournemouth a couple of years ago too, I think Formosan termites have a foothold in Cornwall somewhere.

Also seems to be a lot more cases of poisonous insects/arachnids coming into UK to various supermarkets - Another result of corporate greed not global warming - although as the country is apparently warmer and wetter now these bugs have more chance of surviving.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's HARRP I tell ya. It was been 85 degrees here in Kentucky for 3 weeks straight and it supposed to remain that way for the rest of the month. This is extremely odd for this part of the US. We are normally sweltering in 98 degree weather with 80% humidity right now.

Ask K_OS and Astrocreep they can back me up on this.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I go into more detail on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I dream of SNOW.

In fact, I'm getting a plane to Norway. I have family there, so maybe they'll let me camp in their fridge!

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well it's wednesday and it's tooo f**king 'ot luv!

The humidity is the real killer.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
It's HARRP I tell ya. It was been 85 degrees here in Kentucky for 3 weeks straight and it supposed to remain that way for the rest of the month. This is extremely odd for this part of the US. We are normally sweltering in 98 degree weather with 80% humidity right now.

Ask K_OS and Astrocreep they can back me up on this.

Without a doubt... normally its almost unbearable here but it is 80 degrees and 1:30 p.m. It is almost freaky as to how mild it has been.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have the humidity level in the UK when it gets hot!
I almost passed out at work due to the heat and working in a warehouse with no ventalation! oh well theres always tomorrow!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yesturday Temperatures already hit 101F, hottest temperature recorded in Britain, ever. Kent happened to be the unlucky place that recieved this temperature.

Well, in my good ol' town of Clevedon the temperature didn't get higher than 24C and it is now going overcast. Atleast it means I can get some decent sleep tonight.

-Ike

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
you are making me jealous. please stop NOW!

i am stuck in surrey and although its better then before, i am still too hot!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Can't decide between
or

Reuters
LONDON - Britain's heatwave, which has claimed dozens of sunburn and heat exhaustion victims, has now produced its first case of frostbite.

A motorist was diagnosed with the condition after driving with his toes too close to the air conditioning vent on the 250 mile journey from London to Manchester. One of his toes started to turn black and another went blue.

REUTERS STORY

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Out of
or
i would choose

new topics

top topics

join