It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: RCC Denies Rice Communion Host to Girl Who Can't Eat Wheat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Flyersfan you might need to quote directly for me, since I looked through all of your links to find out what the bible says the type of bread and wine used in the sacrement. I didn't find a thing. Oh yes, unleavened bread, (of course you have to go back to Moses and the first passover to find out why, they were told to leave the leaving behind.. but obviosuily the RCC is 100% certain they took wheat along for some reason) but that has nothing to do with why they use wheat except, RCC opinion.

I also find it interesting you didn't even link to a bible verse, but Catholic dogma. In sort there is no biblical reason except someone decided it was a good idea to standerdise just to make sure every Church did it the same way. you might want to make sure that raddish truck is backing up to your yard instead

Every month or so I prepare holy communion for my church and we offer people a choice between wheat wafers and non-wheat. The main reason being that we do have people who have medical reasons for not having wheat, heck, some probly think the "wheat-host" tastes better or doesn't stick to thier teeth. But since the bible isn't specific on what type of bread, it shouldn't matter. Christs sacrifice should prevent us from needing to jump thru all these hoops to attain forgivness. Amazing how some people are still stuck in the middle-ages with thier faith, and take offense when it is shown to be biblically inaccurate

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder how much influence the Bible really has in comparison to what the Vatican says. It sure does remind me of a Stalin quote;
"How many divisions does the pope have?"

<< 1  2   >>

join