It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Subcommunities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, I know that some people will say that this is a bit beurocratic, but i would just like to clear some things up.

I have seen several posts that talk of smaller groups within our community, and i would just like to try and get an idea of who they are, and what their general views are.

I can list two right now:

TBATS - with David as their spokesman

Veritas - with TheGoldenSun as their frontman. (i would like to say that Veritas may not be exclusive to ATS)

anyway, i hope people can shed some light on these and other such groups. i have noticed a bit of fighting between groups and individuals, and i guess that this topic aims to try and record peoples aims and we could perhaps use the info gathered here to try and bring about peace.

also if people have any personal views on these groups, please share

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The Veritas Manifesto

By Don Styer

I started Veritas on an idea. I am and have been very tired of things going on in the world. Tired of being one of the soul-less cattle, living out my life with no meaning while others held all the cards and all of the things that I want to know. Things are going to change. There are a lot of people out there who are tired of the lies, who want to make a difference in the world. Tired of the corrupt few who are enslaving the masses. I say enough is enough, its time for us to gather, it is time for us to stand on solid ground and proclaim that we demand to know the truth and demand that the truth is told to all.

The potential for this group is overwhelming; it is very possible that the ideals that I put forward will trigger a revolution. Each and every person involved is putting himself or herself at risk. Everyone needs to realize this before committing themselves to Veritas. You could very well be put in jail for the type of things that we are capable of and will eventually carry out.

Currently we are in the ground work stages of Veritas. Gathering members, setting up communications, forming a network of minds. Over time we will secure a headquarters, and set up cells in different countries to keep us mobile and safe. The type of things these cells will do in the beginning are:

1.Gather intelligence on whatever area we are researching.

2.Gain contacts in important places.

3.Set up security and make sure each person is protected.

4.Gather more people and make us stronger.

We are going to have an archive of all known information into whatever we are researching, a group wide list of contacts and jobs of various members. *For example if Bob gets arrested for trespassing or something of the sort and John happens to be a member of Veritas and also a lawyer, then John would help Bob* We want to help each other as much as possible, and utilizing each person�s skills would go far into that goal.

When we gain numbers and stature. It is likely we would develop our own means of security, armed with whatever is necessary to protect each other. You have to remember; there will be a lot of groups and people out there that would like nothing more then for us to fail and to implode on ourselves.

The idea of Veritas is there, it is up to me and everyone else out there to make this a reality. Nothing is impossible; all it takes is time and effort. We could have a huge impact on the earth and maybe even have a say in righting the ship. Making things good again.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
The potential for this group is overwhelming; it is very possible that the ideals that I put forward will trigger a revolution. Each and every person involved is putting himself or herself at risk. Everyone needs to realize this before committing themselves to Veritas. You could very well be put in jail for the type of things that we are capable of and will eventually carry out.

...and people are thinking the TBATS group is being bad...

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well that's an interesting disclaimer. Whatever, to each their own. As for this TBATS stuff? What the hell is that? I understand the annoying feelings that develop with regard to stupid posts etc. but is it necessary to develop hostile feelings towards the other members of the boards as well?

And what was that this afternoon? Was that a show of skill? When you graduate from the 4th grade class entitled "how to hack barely secure message board software to be a pain in the ass" maybe people will pay more attention. I understand your message, but if this afternoon was an example of your tactics then I either misread your ages, or you're just not thinking.

Just as a side note... hacking an XMB board (if that is what happened this afternoon) is a damn joke. Grow up. There are more productive things to do with computer knowledge (or in the case of message board hackers - ability to copy instructions off a website).

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by Djarums]

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here's my disclaimer:

DROP IT!

Got it?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What about the mods group?
Do we count as a sub community, or just a bunch of fruitcakes?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
there's always the Bitter Bus, but I think that's just me. and I'm not sure if I want to share. I'm an army of one (tm)

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Do we count as a sub community, or just a bunch of fruitcakes?

Hmmm... I better hold my tongue on this one...

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Awww... nah most of you are nice
I have much respect for them for the most part, particularly william who works his ass off for this place.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
i'nt dat tweet?

just joking, but seriously though, what if i said that the mods are a pleasant mix of nutty and nice? (damn that sounds like a bar of chocolate, like snickers or something... hmm...Snickers - *drools*)

ok now i am dead serious; the mods are cool - they seem to be a pretty chilled out group, and thats good for the community

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
All Seeing Eye,

That sounds like a terrorist group to me.

"armed with whatever is necessary to protect each other"...like Jihad....I dunno, I'm not attacking you as a person or moderator, but given recent events I would find a different way of describing your group.

new topics

top topics

join