It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermuda Traingle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I read in this one book about like mysteries of earth and stuff. It said that the bermuda triangle had evidence of weird fishy-man things living underwater at that location. If so, let's hope that amelia Airheart is dead, and not being probed by Fishy-man things.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Do you have any information on the book that you reference? The only thing that I can come up with is a 1979 movie (that bombed) on fishmen in the Bermuda Triangle.
As for Amelia Earhart she was lost somewhere over the Mid-Pacific
Amelia Earhart

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have never heard that one before
. Im a fan of the time-warp theory although you would think that at some point the ships would return if tis was the case.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
lol i have never heard of the fishman theory for the bermuda triangle, although its possible it could be a time warp hole, i think itsmore along lines of inter-dimensional portal?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i heard that they think they found amelia in japan or something (well they think her plain that was shot down was found their)

but for the bermuda triangle im not really sure what goes on there. i think the strangest story from it is the one with the mary celest and everyone on the ship just disapearing and nothing else missing

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
the wierd things happen because of the methane gas that comes out of the large holes in the bottom of the sea level. its proven already. and its being researched, google it up youll find tons of info. peace.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The entire Bermuda Triangle hoax is a myth perpetuated by imaginations running amok. It makes for some amusing stories, but there is nothing mysterious there.

According to Lloyd's of London, who track maritime incidents globally, there are no more 'mysterious' disappearances in the triangle than any other similar sized area of ocean anywhere in the world. In fact, less in the supposed triangle than some other areas.

The insurance industry is very cautious, and set maritime premiums according to actual losses and probabilities of losses. Insurance premiums are lower for the Bermuda Triangle than the Mississippi River.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The Mesoamerican rain god, which is known by different names throughout the region, and is called Tlaloc by the Aztecs has unique identifying marks. In all these cultures the rain god has large round eyes, in most cases fanning feather-like protrusions around the head, in some cases to have scales and in others fangs. What is interesting here is that if you notice the artwork done by the Olmec, which is the oldest civilization, you'll see the humanoid characters look Asian. It's possible that the early mesoamericans originated from ancient migrating Asians. As a child I remember reading a chinese fairy tale about a boy who was granted wishes by a talking fish. I don't know too much about ancient Chinese legends, but I bet these two cultures have something in common about making wishes to fish so there would be rain for the harvest.
Lets look at the mesoamerican rain god again. He has large goggle eyes, like a fish, fanning feathers around its head like a fish and scales like a fish.
There is a fish with these features in the real world, its called the Lion fish. It has poisonous spines on its back and it's one of the most beautiful fish to look at. Better treat your wound quickly and properly or it'll be your end.

In my oppinion it seems as though the rain god came from the Asians who originally came to the new world first. Then later, maybe a thousand years later the Phoenicians came and intermarried and colonized which brought the feathered serpent god, Quetzalcoatl (to the Aztecs). Asian + Canaanite=Indian of India. Asian + Phoenician=Native American. The Canaanite, Phoenician and Carthaginians were probably all related.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by lostinspace]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Sorry, Lost, but you're WAY off base on this one.

Originally posted by lostinspace
The Mesoamerican rain god, which is known by different names throughout the region, and is called Tlaloc....

...is not a deity of the Bermuda area. Bermuda is off the coast of the Carolinas. No Aztec/etc there.

if you notice the artwork done by the Olmec, which is the oldest civilization, you'll see the humanoid characters look Asian.

Well, not really. And the oldest civilizations are far older than the Olmec and include some of the Indus Valley civilizations. The Egyptian civilization is older than the Olmec, and there are a number of South American civilizations older than the Olmec.

The Chumash of California, in fact, have an older civilization than the Olmec.

As a child I remember reading a chinese fairy tale about a boy who was granted wishes by a talking fish.

...which was a remade Sumerian tale.

And Dave is right... the insurance for ships in the area isn't any higher than it is for other shipping lanes. If they really were having high losses, Lloyds either wouldn't insure boats there (and I know they do because my parents went there a number of times in their boat) OR insurance would cost out the wazoo.
www.pbs.org...

PBS also checked coast guard records (you can do it for yourself.) Losses aren't much greater there.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
As dave 54 rightly said there is no great mystery involving the triangle....well not as in such that huge amounts of ships have been lost and completley vanished.

What there is however is small reefs that ships have occasionally fell victim to causing beaching and occasional sinkings.

There is also apparentley a crossing of the earths magnetic lines that used to give compasses faulse headings.....aircraft (so ive been told) would sometimes take a faulse heading....travel way off course and then run out of fuel....thus ditching into the sea and become lost in the 'Bermuda Triangle'.

It is fair to say that there are still some un-explained dissapearences but this can happen in oceans all over the world.....

regards.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
...There is also apparentley a crossing of the earths magnetic lines that used to give compasses faulse headings.....aircraft (so ive been told) would sometimes take a faulse heading....travel way off course and then run out of fuel....thus ditching into the sea and become lost in the 'Bermuda Triangle'...

They don't 'cross'. They get closer together there than many other places in the world. So declination will change as you fly. Pilots flying by mag compass instead of other navigation methods will be progressively in error unless they adjust their course as the flight progresses.

www.ngdc.noaa.gov...

As you can see from the link there are other places in the world where the lines get close. This is not caused by Atlantis or undersea UFO bases. It is a natural geophysical phenomenom.

Declination also changes over time. Locally, it is about 1/2 degree per decade.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The great lakes have legends more han the bT. BT's disapperences are caused by very fast methane gas outputs that sinks ships and planes very quickly, the Great lakes has had quite a bad rap on it...

new topics

top topics

join