It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the last time....Pro-life/Pro-death penalty "hypocrisy"...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Yes, this is a conspiracy. People have conspired to promote this in the hopes of "If you say it enough, it becomes truth..." I have seen it for the last time on these boards...people on the left who promote this flimsy idea that those who are "pro-life" (that's the nice way to put it) are hypocrits because they support the death penalty.

FACT: The death penalty is a PENALTY.

It is a punishment. That is its intention. If it happens to deter some criminals, fine. But ultimately it is a punishment for doing crimes. That is it

FACT: You can support the death penalty and be "pro-life" without being a hypocrit.

It's true. They do not conflict with each other. The choice is a way to shirk responsibility to many. The penalty is a friggin' punishment. There is no other correlation outside of ending life. That is all! Get over it.

The hypocrisy is in your mind. And the sooner you realize it...the sooner we can get back to denying ignorance and stuff like that...

In fact, the inverse is more open to being hypocrisy or at least a bit evil...you wanna kill the baby, but save the murderer/rapist...

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Completly agree, the child is innocent the criminal is not. simple as that. No hypocrisy that i can see.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I support the death penalty and abortion, that consistant enough for you? Have a melt-down why dont ya?

In fact, I support the death penalty for people who drive too slow in the fast lane and tailgaters. The Highway Patrol should have a mandate to shoot them on sight. I support abortion and the mothers right to choose NOT to bring the child into this world and suck up tax money on welfare.

[edit on 05/5/21 by WissNX01]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So, life isn't sacred after all then? People against the right to abortion claim that the fetus must live, no matter what, because all life is sacred. I'll say it again, with caps for emphasis: ALL life. Even life that has not distinguished itself in any way. So, this clearly doesn't hold if you believe human beings can make the determination as to when and how a life is no longer sacred. It's simple. If some life isn't sacred after all, then not all life is sacred! Hypocrisy, plain and simple.

And don't give me the 'eye for an eye' crap. Aside from being a stupid policy (as Ghandi said, it makes the whole world go blind), we, as human beings, make mistakes. Many, many innocent people have been put on death row. We simply are not good at determining whose "eye" to take in retribution.

-koji K.

[edit on 21-5-2005 by koji_K]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Wiss, no meltdown...I support both myself. In fact, I have quoted Carlin several times...I belive in anything that will get traffic to move faster. I'm also a pizza delivery guy.

koji_K, it is a punishment. We have these things called rules. If you break them, you pay the consequence. It is no "eye for an eye"; it is you committing an act so retchid (sp?) that we feel you should be killed.

So many innocents die, but MANY more guilty are punished to the fullest extent of the law. And many more deserve it...heard of Manson?

Besides, many people abuse the welfare system...does that mean we should scrap it?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Carlin is a funny guy, he often is on my favorite local radio station, and is a riot. Hell yeah. Start executing slow ass drivers and stupid people, then everyone else will shape up.

And death row is a friggin joke. Texas is the only place you dont want to be on death row. They actually kill people. Wanna commit a couple of dozen murders? DO it in California, where you are not very likely to get the death penalty. But if you do, I can almost bet you will live for at least 30 more years.

Abortion debate is stupid. Its always those idiot preachers that blow up the whole damned building, killing everyone, but doing it for the 'innocent'. Yeah, I guess the label of innocent is rather subjective.

Rapists, drug dealers, drug smugglers, wife beaters, kid beaters, thieves, and anyone else that doesnt commit a 'serious' crime, as the government labels it, should be put on death row. Kid rapists, terrorists, murderers, and slow ass drivers should be shot upon capture.

Chinas method seems the best. The trial lasts a few hours. The convict gets one appeal for the next three days following. On the third day, they take him out, shoot the bastard. Then, which is really a good point to be made, they bill the family for the bullet!!! Crime rate in China isnt as bad per capita as the US. They have one thing I like.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Bible is pro-death penalty an anti-abortion.

The unborn child is innocent. The person who committed a crime is not. As a mother, I am APPALLED that a woman could even think that abortion is a viable option!

Some choices are wrong. Abortion is one of them.

And btw I do not condone the bombing of abortion clinics. I'd like to see abortion declared illegal (as it technically is--Roe runs contrary to the Constitution and is therefore invalid) and abortionists put on trial for multiple counts of first-degree murder/murder-for-hire. No need to bomb anything--just give 'em due process.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Both the death penalty and abortion are very wrong.

Jesus sais let he who is without sin cast the first stone. What if the person is innocent? See how ugly the death penalty is?

Well abortion is wrong to it is the murder of a pre born child

Murder is murder. The death penalty and abortion are both murder and both should be outlawed

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Jesus sais let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

You have to look at the attitude of those who were wanting to stone the adulteress. I think they were acting rather self-righteous. Just like W who takes glee in administering the death penalty--nothing wrong with the punishment, it's when you get your kicks from it.

What if the person is innocent? See how ugly the death penalty is?

That's why you have DNA testing and you make sure the person is guilty beyond doubt.

Murder is murder. The death penalty and abortion are both murder and both should be outlawed

Murder is the killing of an innocent person. And look at Genesis 9:6 (KJV)--Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

If God gives it the okay, and in fact requires it, who can say we're playing God?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
That's why you have DNA testing and you make sure the person is guilty beyond doubt.

Unfortunately not every crime scene produces DNA from the perpetrator. What then?

I'm not pro-choice, really (I don't think abortion should be available willy-nilly). I'm more...pro-if-it-must-happen-then-it-needs-to-have-legal-protection-and-safeguards.

I am, however, completely against the death penalty. For any reason.

But that's just me

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Tinkleflower--Did you get the part where I said make sure the person is guilty beyond a doubt?
Just make very sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Tinkleflower--Did you get the part where I said make sure the person is guilty beyond a doubt?
Just make very sure.

And how exactly are you going to do this?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

Just make very sure.

And how exactly are you going to do this?

There's this thing called a trial.
Look at the evidence, examine it carefully. Isn't that why people go on trial, make sure that it's the right person?

Even the Constitution says, in the Fifth Amendment, that a person cannot be deprived of LIFE, liberty, or property without due process...which implies to me that the death penalty is constitutional.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There's this thing called a trial.
Look at the evidence, examine it carefully. Isn't that why people go on trial, make sure that it's the right person?

And in all seriousness, you know as well as I do that we've executed innocent people before. Despite them having a trial.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
And in all seriousness, you know as well as I do that we've executed innocent people before. Despite them having a trial.

I don't think it happens all that often, really. I think I might have heard of maybe one or two cases--that's it.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I don't think it happens all that often, really. I think I might have heard of maybe one or two cases--that's it.

" According to the 1987 Stanford University survey, at least 23 Americans have been wrongly executed in the 20th century"

Source

"Since capital punishment was reinstated in the United States in 1976, 74 people on death row have been freed on the basis of DNA samples, the emergence of other new evidence or confessions from the real killers. For every seven executions - there have been about 500 - one prisoner has been found innocent."

74 people exonerated ; but what if we hadn't had DNA? They would have been executed.

Though I hear quite often the argument that "The death of one innocent man can be justified by the execution of rightfully convicted prisoners", I just don't agree, you know?

Even one wrongful execution is one too many.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Okay, what about women who die of legal abortions? Should we still have abortion legal? Gotta let the woman have the choice--even if there's a chance that she'll die.

Works both ways.

And here's something interesting that you should read: The Risk of Wrongful Execution of Innocents

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Okay, what about women who die of legal abortions? Should we still have abortion legal? Gotta let the woman have the choice--even if there's a chance that she'll die.

I'm not sure I see your point here?

The woman is making an informed decision...it's up to her whether or not she wants to undergo a procedure which may lead to her death.

I'm not seeing how that's analogous to a death penalty, which is rarely something the prisoner chooses himself?

Edit: I just read Wesley's page; sorry, but he includes no factual evidence at all - just his opinion that the people who were declared wrongfully executed were actually guilty anyway. He chooses not to believe the legal decisions.

Upon what is he basing this?

[edit on 1/10/05 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
When it comes to the human being way of thinking is all about choices and how they are to be interpreted by the others around.

When it comes to death penalty for the Proved guilty without the burden of a doubt, I like an eye for and eye, when it comes to abortion is a choice and only a women can make that choice is no the your business, my business or the entire world business.

Only people with personal agendas are the ones that wants to make it "everybody" business.

And yes I believe it to be a hypocrisy.

End of story.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just to make sure every eventuality is covered, I'm against the death penalty and completely pro-choice!

God must be really pissed at me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join