It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was in my arm?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ok now my 2 cents. Perhaps it wasn't something that happened recently.
Although I agree with the others that on first glance it looks a lot like a scorpion stinger, it also could be a thorn, bee stinger (although it's a little large), or a weird shaped wood splinter.
Even though nothing comes to mind now perhaps it was something that happened a long time ago. Sometimes if you have a splinter and it goes in really deep it takes a while for the object to rise to the surface.
This may explain why you don't remember being either stuck or stung or whatever.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
it was part of a parasitic plant, and i will not disclose what might happen to you, but you should consult a doctor

jlb

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
what up people

i jus registerd today after 2 year of lurkin in shadows

neway i pulled the same thing out of my 2nd toe (on the bottom)

and the crazy thing is fat part is on the bottom at first thought it was some
kind of bump cause of the slight pain it caused but as i kept picking at i noticed it was solid ....so i grabed some twesers and picked it out ...i didn't know what it was but it was small and it kinda cone shaped little and it left a small roundish hole in the toe but slight pain was gone now to top it off 4 months later same thing same toe same hole so i'm still clueless
but i do think your will grow back jus like mine did ....the only other visuals i noticed that mine was the color of callus and it ridges on it...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have no idea what that is, but it reminds me of this video.

Warning: Video not for those who are have a weak stomach.
Parasite Video
Unfortunately I have no idea what that is either.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
jlb, that sounds way too similar. Mine left a little hole too, not sure if I forgot to mention that. I was waiting for more of it to come out, like maybe I didn't pull it all out, but it's been a couple months and the only thing there was the hair growing back and a scar from me picking at it. Maybe a couple more months and another one will be ready to pop out again

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind is botfly larvae. Have you been to Central America or Mexico lately? I forget exactly what happens, but somehow either a botfly or a mosquito bites you and transfers the eggs into your skin. They lay dormant for a few months before they grow and become, literally, maggots that feed off your flesh. When they get to a certain size, they start to dig their way back out of your skin. I guess you got to it before it grew to full size. You may want to soak the area in water for a while (it drowns them and they rise to the surface), if it hasn't been too long since you found the first one.

Here are some pics of botfly larvae. Disturbingly similar:

You may want to google it and read up on it a bit.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
While its fun to speculate what this thing might be, its simply nothing more then a glandular hair follicle. I have a friend who can squeeze 10 of those things out of his arm in a couple minutes. Its common in people who have cystic skin, your skin secretions harden up and form the little nob at the bottom of the follicle.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
While its fun to speculate what this thing might be, its simply nothing more then a glandular hair follicle. I have a friend who can squeeze 10 of those things out of his arm in a couple minutes. Its common in people who have cystic skin, your skin secretions harden up and form the little nob at the bottom of the follicle.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I actually enjoy squeezing those things out of my skin... but I don't think thats what it is. It doesn't look quite the same as a clogged pore. I've looked at a lot of my own "glandular hair follicles", and I don't think you could mistake it for something like all of these suggestions, like scorpion stingers, etc. They don't leave holes or bleed like he said. They come out easily just by squeezing them. And they also tend to just fall apart by touching them/rolling them in your fingers. His sounds very solid.

I dunno, I just don't think he would mistake a blackhead with a foreign body.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Looks like a seed to me for some kind of tall grass weed. We'd get tons of them in new mexico. They look kind of like wheat but they get everywhere if you walk through a field. They can burrow in pretty good and they have tiny grappler thorns that keep them inside the wound until it festers a bit and then it just slides out.

Been in any fields like that lately? Maybe check the socks you were wearing (if any). I've had them go through multiple washings and then one day get a little jab.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
seriuosly check with a doctor, or things might get bad

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Way to reassure Yarcofin!! A big old bug in your arm, such a happy thought. I still think you should go see a quack if your still curious.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You may have experienced the same thing I did...Check this out for info, and go to a doctor....soon.

www.medicalhealthcareinfo.com...

www.path.cam.ac.uk...

www.biosci.ohio-state.edu...

Added new links to show the similarity to your original photo.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by Lordling]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Haha okay so mine was the least likely of all of the suggestions so far, but the truth is often much more odd than fiction. And I just thought it was fitting as this is the crypto board, and it is an absolutely terrifying and disgusting creature.

There is really a limitless supply of stinging, stabbing, burrowing-in-your skin animals out there. So it is probably going to be pretty hard to narrow down exactly what the heck this thing was. Like I got stung by a fish spine in my knuckle, and it swelled up like I had arthritis. I couldn't bend my finger at all for 2 or 3 days. Nature sucks.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I had a piece of broken finger nail in my gum once, it must have been there for a year, it was quite sharp and probably covered by new gum. After I had brought and used an electric toothbrush it the vibration of the brush pushed it out slightly. As I could feel something sticking out I pulled it out and it was a piece of finger nail that I remember having stuck ages ago but thought it went but in fact burried it self deeper.

Did any vibrations cause it to break through I wonder in a similar way.

Ask the doctors not us, say could there be more just to bring it into conversation.

jlb

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
personaly i think its a.......well i really don't know but i can say it was pretty
solid ....a little harder than recuring callus .....and i did sqeeze it and nothing happend .....to show how solid it was i used my nails to sqeeze and it just bends like a hard callus plus mine came from the bottom of my toe and i don't think there are pores there neway ...........not to mention this thing is dry ......
i still don't know what it is ............hey was your dry to?
and mine was as if it wasn;t attacht to anything seems like it jus grew
from nothing both times.... and what ever it is its too solid to parasite imo

but this still hella strange.........and hey man to get too worried it happend to me twice and i don't we have big problem on our hands.

i'll holla

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Seriously, first of all take it to a doc, and see if you have more of it in your arm.

Then put it under a microscope !! It's too small, to cut it...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think the crypto-mythological name for this creature is the 'demon seed'.

But in real life, or what passes for it in the medical field, you may be suffering from 'schistosomaisis'. I could be wrong, but the link below covers symptoms and treatment pretty well. I think I will get checked out for it myself, I've spent a lot of time in the water. These little 'demon seeds' are one of the stages of a family of worms that migrate to either the bladder, the intestine, or the liver, where they reproduce and feed on the blood supply. Nasty little creatures.

Treatment:
Until the 1970's, treatment of schistosomiasis was nearly as dangerous as the disease itself. Modern treatment is effective and without risk. Three new drugs have revolutionized treatment:

Praziquantel - effective in the treatment of all forms of schistosomiasis, with virtually no side effects
Oxamniquine - used exclusively to treat intestinal schistosomiasis in Africa and South America
Metrifonate - effective for the treatment of urinary schistosomiasis

Modern diagnostic techniques are simple, easy to apply and cost very little.

Schistosomiasis

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I would also go for the Goa'uold, but remember this could have gotten in Ur body for a while ago and then it wanders around in Ur body and suddenly it pops out.
I once got metal splinters in my arm and 3 weeks later my body ejects them again.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
how probable is a 12 year old child contracting schistomaisis from swimming a lot both in chlorinated water and in lake water, in southeastern USA? just wondering because i have been doing quite a bit of water activities (sailing and swinning every day for 2 weeks) and have some little bumps, but they might just be body acne.

and smiley, just as a precaution, i would get checked out by a doctor. if you do, please let us know the results, i want to know what it is. hope its nothing serious!
take care,
--Kitsunegari

[edit on 4/8/2005 by Kitsunegari]

<< 1    3 >>

join