It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students, bus driver rumble on Charlotte bus (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The news story involves a school bus driver who got angry and attacked a student when the student refused to go to the front of the bus. The student that was acting out on the bus, proceeded to use foul language and attacked the bus driver after the bus driver attacked him. The driver got suspened for his part in the incident and the student, along with another student got suspened from the bus and not from school.

www.nbc-2.com
Deputies believe the fight started when the driver tried to get a student Hendershot to the front of the bus.

Investigators claim Dickinson then started cursing at Taylor, at which point Taylor smacked the teen. The fight escalated from there.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So, the bus driver used bad judgement on his part but so did the students, in thinking that they could get away with what did on the bus that day. I feel that everyone involved with the incident should be held accountable by his/her actions.

I'm a parent with one son that rides a school bus with some very unruly students. I feel, that if this were to happen here where I live, I would investigate the incident, get all the facts before passing judgement on anyone. I know that around here, a student would get suspened from school along with losing bus privileges.

I know that my sons are not angels, but I feel that I have taught them to be respectful , abide by the rules and to conduct himself properly around others.

Related News Links:
www.nbc-2.com

[edit on 5/21/2005 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 5/21/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That guys gonna get BUSted.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The bus driver should get a commendation and a raise and the kid should have to walk home for the rest of his school career and his parents should face criminal charges.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
the video is availible here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Looking at that kids attitude reminds me of that age, although i was a bit bigger but still had the attitude and afoul mouth to boot.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The bus driver should get a commendation and a raise and the kid should have to walk home for the rest of his school career and his parents should face criminal charges.

wrong bub...

just look at the video above...

the kid said: "F U"...

then the driver hit him...

isn't this a parents job???

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
"Spare the Rod, Spoil The Child"!!!!!! What else can I say?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

isn't this a parents job???

Yep, and it looks like the parents were slacking off................

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

the kid said: "F U"...

then the driver hit him...

Teach the little punk what happens when you run your mouth......LOL

I agree with Grady the Driver should get a raise.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What are the odds that the kid's name would be Hendershot?

Any Primus fans in the house?

I laughed, and laughed, and laughed when I saw this story last night...

As to his punishment, or whatever..I don't really have a strong opinion. It's a local matter, and the driver's treatment will depend entirely on the prevailing attitudes in the community. It doesn't seem highly abusive, or mean, it just looks like the bus driver lost his temper.

I would be pissed if some schmuck attacked my kid, just like I would be upset if my kid mouthed off to a bus driver. They both acted like children, in my opinion, but only one had an excuse...

You have to have a ridiculous amount of patience when working with kids..this bus driver obviously doesn't possess that quality in sufficient quantity - fire him.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And they shouldn't be in charge of childern.

Interestingly enough, a LOT of incidents where these trailer park raised and residing bus drivers lash out at their cargo because of the stress of the riled up teenagers who just want to get home and eat something. There should be tougher background checks on these losers like this guy.

I was detained against my will by a bus driver once when I was a child. Some imaginary reason for her to get upset with me (this women was a frelling super loser) and she said that she wanted to bring me and the bus back to the school for dicsiplinary action of some sort.. even though my home was less then a block away. "Let me out here, go screw youself, you can go back across town if you want, I'm hungry." She TORE away from the direction of my home, and scared the HELL out of the rest of the students. When the bus HAD to stop at the next light, I and my friend went out the back to the cheers of the rest of the students who also did not want to go back across town. The driver lost her job for being psychotic and I was appoligised to by the school. I didn't get in a lick of trouble.. for the imaginary reason (my radio was too loud or something like that - all of a - like that.. instead of asking me to turn it down... which wasn't even done.. she just freeked out.. just lost it) or for evacuating the bus from the rear.. in traffic.

No, these people screw up. THERE IS NEVER A REASON TO HIT A CHILD, the kid probablly (judging by him) probablly gets enough of that at home, which is what the schools are suppose to be on the look out for, not making things worse with this type of crap.

Some of you guys really crack me up. The parents are at fault, the kid should have to walk to school forever.

The kid didn't do anything wrong. The bus driver knew the right way to deal with a problem, and he didn't take it.. instead he hit the child. He is lucky that the parents don't sue him, or just do the same to him.. beat him around a little.

I would if it was my kid.

top topics

join