It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people feel the need to post outright lies about Masons and Masonry?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
yes they do and i can only give a honest answer.
the cross was a instrument of torture and with the blood of jesus spiled
on it it made it holy.

i personaly dont kiss the cross because i dont agree with all the crestin religion and some of it i think it's rong how ever i do belive in god.
the cross for me personaly does not represent anything not even a simbol.
It was just a object and the bible does not say to worship it it does not even say not to worship it , it says nothing about it just refers to it has a torture object

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
30+ pages...the VAST majority of which is garbled nonsense.

My apologies to the list-members who have followed this silly-@$$ed thread. It's obvious that at least one member (really two) doesn't even comprehend the basics of the topic or even the language being used.

"Why do some people feel the need to post outright LIES about Masons and Masonry?"

They must not have anything better to do. [shrug]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
senrak it does not matter if simbols are worshiped or not
it matters in the end what they mean.

you simply cant say we will take all the objects from egipt and we will give it a meaning our selfs.

it's like takeing the name satan and saing from now on this name will mean light.

you cant do that sanrek it is moraly rong even if it's only a simbol with a meaning on it.

a simbol descriebes something, the simbology of the object .

i cant take a object that has a meaning and give it another it's like tryng to fit the piston in the sqare.

and i dont like sayng this but that orisis was the bad guy

it's my opinion that you people are not bad but do not know what are you doing

[edit on 29-10-2005 by pepsi78]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

and i dont like sayng this but that orisis was the bad guy

At the risk of pointing out the obvious here, Osiris was the good guy. His archenemy Set, the Egyptian devil, was the bad guy.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
he was the god of the dead the god of the underworld
misopotaniens worshiped him with pagan ocultic rituals.
you must read more of history not just stuff that itrests you has a mason.
you must open u'r vision on all things not just on the teachings of masonari
on all and when you have got all of it you can make a choise

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

he was the god of the dead the god of the underworld
misopotaniens worshiped him with pagan ocultic rituals.
you must read more of history not just stuff that itrests you has a mason.
you must open u'r vision on all things not just on the teachings of masonari
on all and when you have got all of it you can make a choise

Yawn.

Osiris was "god of the dead" in the sense that he was considered the saviour who offered eternal life through his own death and resurrection, which cleansed the souls of the just from their sins.

Sound familiar?

By the way, Mesopotamians did not worship Osiris, the Osirian legend was strictly an Egyptian myth.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
he is seen has the god of the underworld.
he is pictured has a negative god by the oficial books but yes he was a popular god in egipt him and his son where wehreshiped and wehre among the best gods of egipt.
a god that dies him self what god is that?
and the problem is that there are too many gods his son is a god his wife is a godes "issis "

god is only one and dosent have any other gods around him
so orisis just does not fit has the god i know the creator of the universe

have you guys ever wached stargate i know it's fiction but it is all about egipt sometimes it has historycal facts in it.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

he is pictured has a negative god by the oficial books but yes he was a popular god in egipt him and his son where wehreshiped among the best gods of egipt.

Osiris was NEVER pictured as a "negative god". He was seen by the Egyptians as the giver of eternal life.

The "Formula of the Dying God" has been dealt with by thousands of theologians and anthropologists; we need not go over it again here. Suffice it to say that the belief that God has incarnated himself in the flesh and sacrificed himself unto death for the purpose of bringing eternal life to the just, was the basis of all Gentile mystery cults, as well as Christianity.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

he is pictured has a negative god by the oficial books but yes he was a popular god in egipt him and his son where wehreshiped among the best gods of egipt.

Osiris was NEVER pictured as a "negative god". He was seen by the Egyptians as the giver of eternal life.

The "Formula of the Dying God" has been dealt with by thousands of theologians and anthropologists; we need not go over it again here. Suffice it to say that the belief that God has incarnated himself in the flesh and sacrificed himself unto death for the purpose of bringing eternal life to the just, was the basis of all Gentile mystery cults, as well as Christianity.

his son represented in what you inerpret(i am not sayng belif)
the eye thing comes from horus
he had one eye of the moon and one eye the sun.
i am not saing negative by people of egipt by books that are on market like history books.
And you still have the problem that you have to many goods around him
it was just like with rome , rome had a god for everything i guess

but i know that god is only one and does not have other gods

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Actually, the "eye thing" came from India, where it originally represented the Eye of Shiva. It was adopted by the Egyptians much later. In the Egyptian legend, Horus waged a battle against Set, the Egyptian devil. Horus conquered Set, but in the conflict Horus lost an eye. Thoth, the god of science and astronomy, then placed Horus' eye in the heavens where it became the sun, a physical manifestation of Ra.

i am not saing negative by people of egipt by books that are on market like history books.

What history books? I minored in history when in college, and still remain a history buff. My personal library has many, many volumes on world history. Which book is it that claims Osiris is "negative". I've certainly never came across a historian or anthropologist who would make such a claim.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Actually, the "eye thing" came from India, where it originally represented the Eye of Shiva. It was adopted by the Egyptians much later. In the Egyptian legend, Horus waged a battle against Set, the Egyptian devil. Horus conquered Set, but in the conflict Horus lost an eye. Thoth, the god of science and astronomy, then placed Horus' eye in the heavens where it became the sun, a physical manifestation of Ra.

What history books? I minored in history when in college, and still remain a history buff. My personal library has many, many volumes on world history. Which book is it that claims Osiris is "negative". I've certainly never came across a historian or anthropologist who would make such a claim.

Is he not the god of the underworld?
okay it does not matrer and i know the egiptians loved him it's true.
it says in the books, that is true.
just be sure that he is the right god for you cause betwen the creator of the universe and the god under the sun is alot of diffrence.
there is a difrence betwen the light bringer the morning star in latin he is called(lucifer) and the light of the world our god
i dont want to take u'r opinion away just chose careful

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Is he not the god of the underworld?

In Egyptian mythology, "underworld" refers to Paradise.

just be sure that he is the right god for you

Osiris isn't "the right god for me", he is a mythological being which represented the renewal of the sun in its yearly cycle.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
mitological might be any god since crestianity is based on faith?and other religions as well?
but one that studies might come to the conclusion that it's not mitological
so maybe orisis was mitological or maybe not.

the god cristian that i love and pray i belife he exists , i am sure of it.
maybe he does not have a white beear or looks a little diffrent but he is out there

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

you simply cant say we will take all the objects from egipt and we will give it a meaning our selfs.

it's like takeing the name satan and saing from now on this name will mean light.

Well, he didn't take the name, he was born with it but I don't think he's evil. Helluva hockey player though.

Are you saying that Miroslav Satan is evil because of his name?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My last post for the day, i think no matter the opinions people got to stop arguing here in a sort of way of acusing it does not do any good if we are like this.
I wish you all and that means all
a good day and keep posting this thread is famos already.

Every one is intitled to a opinion. Democracy is the right to speak u'r mind when that go's away well, we wont be able to say our opinions anymore
maybe wisper them.

You all have a good day.

interapid is he egiptian?

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
30+ pages...the VAST majority of which is garbled nonsense.

My apologies to the list-members who have followed this silly-@$$ed thread. It's obvious that at least one member (really two) doesn't even comprehend the basics of the topic or even the language being used.

"Why do some people feel the need to post outright LIES about Masons and Masonry?"

They must not have anything better to do. [shrug]

Ok here is my take on the question,"Why do some people feel the
need........". First of all from the Masons point of view these accusations are lies that have no proof. I have read many evidences that would back the claim of the accusers. But to the Masons no matter if the proof came from God Himself, they would claim that the interpritation is wrong.

On the other hand you have the accusers who, some have done plenty of research on the matter and have claimed their findings to be true. The Masons have given their evidence against this claim which again back their claim. So regarless of what is said on either side, both sides appear to call each other liers. So I believe there will be no resolve to this confrontation. It's just the nature of things for this topic. So to the one posting outright lies it is going to be the truth to them no matter what. To the Masons it will always be lies and that is just it. No winning side for either team.

My personal opion which will shock the masons on this thread is not based of any shread of proof but rather the inner workings of the HOLY SPIRIT. I feel that no person on this thread or any mason that I may have run across is in anyway bad. I however have a very sick feeling about the oaths that they take. Symbols whether having meaning or not are just that symbols. They are what we make of them. I took a very serious oath when I joined the armed forces. After looking back and reading the oath I was shocked at the meanings that it had. I disagree with it now. I have no disrespect for anyone in the armed services so please don't misunderstand me. But the fact that I would take any oath giving my all to a single man(ie the President) and not to God is crazy. I am really beginning to understand why I was led to this site and to this thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This thread is the best most SupremO Rulerdooler of DisMisProAntiSkepticBalderDashing Misfit Apostlistic NonClears and LoveandDumbstruck NayYaySayers ever!!!!!

On the topic of religion in masonry or masonry as religion, any validity or thoughtful openminded discussion of the topic is dismissed with unoriginal and out of hand answers that aren't even answers at all. As an in-the-middle contributor here I feel the "masons" aren't being real enough.

I've posted it before in this thread but basically: "all-seeing eyes", black robes, candles, lodges/temples/churches, oaths, bibles, organizational lingo, strange titles and capitalizations, pyramids, rituals, ceremonies, doctrinal secrecy, swords, rites, spiritual and philosophical doctrine, heiroglyphics, becoming a better man, so on and so forth.

NOT A RELIGION!!!!! ( or BTS brick wall head banging face)

Please kindly elaborate Angry Purplish Flame-Thrower Face.

Here's what I expect but hope against: 1. Pick one thing from the above paragraph. 2. Explain it in one sentence or even maybe two. 3. Compare it to something similar that has nothing to do with the actual topic. 4. Open to page 1 of the "Anti-Masonic Manual". 5. Type in applicable response. 6. Bury good questions beneath pages of emotional rock fights.

I FULLY understand that many ATS "masons" get involved with hundreds of these topics and sometimes all at the same time. I know it must get tiring. I'm being serious. And I'm just trying to get some personal thoughts on the matter. I promise I won't even take up any time by turning answers into overlong "debates". I just hope for unique and individual responses. Thanks.

The point of this site should be real answers in individuals own words. Not some rubbish like "I've met a 300,000 masons" and they've all been "good guys". Know what we said in my fraternity when a brother referred to a rushee as a "good guy"? Some stuff I can't write here followed by "and sit down!" That says nothing. A lot of seemingly NOT GOOD GUYS are GOOD GUYS and seemingly GOOD GUYS aren't GOOD GUYS. YOu can't trust falling prey to either one entirely before you know for sure. We have ALL met GOOD GUYS who were NOT GOOD GUYS and NOT SO GOOD GUYS who were GOOD GUYS. Sometimes it can take up to 10 years 2 months and 5 days to find out the truth. Either way, take that discussion to the GOOD GUYS VS. NOT GOOD GUYS thread. Use the ATS search engine for it until your head explodes.

If masonry isn't a religion then by what definition of religion is this determined? IF anyone even thinks about quoting Webster's or American Heritage then you better do so for a greater purpose.

[edit on 29-10-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Masonry did not descend from egypt.. Masonry is a mixture of some garbled nonsense.. Masonry discrimnates.. against women. Masonry practces sodomy..

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
crusaider how can i explain to you this.
almost every simbol that they have comes from there, thei dont not notice it maybe i dont know but thats wehre it comes from
the star of david comes from there as well.
The star of david has originated from aicient egipt and do not first come from jwes .The star is made out of 2 piramids and in fact it's 2 piramids put in a oposite way crosing each other.
And yes i think that thei really dont know what they are doing

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Masonry did not descend from egypt.. Masonry is a mixture of some garbled nonsense.. Masonry discrimnates.. against women. Masonry practces sodomy..

OMG.. thats so not true... well ok maybe the sodomy.. but hey who doesnt love alittle good natured sodomy

while it is true that the trunk of the tree that is the order of the freemasons doesnt admit women, there are MANY suborders that do, Co-Masonry, The golden dawn.. hold on.. getting my book...Oh lord theres alot of them...and the names are really long, The Ancient Egyptian Order of Princesses of Sharemkhu, The Ancient Toltec rite (Open to 32nd degree masons and their female relations), Daughters of Mokanna, Ladies Oriental Shrine of North America, Order of the Amarath, Order of the rainbowgirls.

sooo thats 8 right there, i am sure that ML, Axe of Senrak could probably name off a few more

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join