It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Have Information About This Pin?!?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
He was banned for interfereing with the Illuminated Order of the Skull and Bones, our Parent Corporation. Technically its all under the supervision of the EAC tho.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That's very amusing...

Sorry if I don't find potential censorship quite so funny.

I think its that kind of arbitray abuse of power that most of us are trying to fight around here.

Only through a free exchange of information will the common man make progress against the powerful elite forces which continue to exploit us.

Not all of us embrace our current masters like you N.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Censorship??

There's no censorship invovled here. The guy, not surprisingly, since he is banned, broke the rules, the T&C. Anyone who breaks the T&C gets banned. Has nothing to do with content. Indeed, in this case, it has absolutely nothing to do with his posts at all.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I understand where your coming from - and I know ATS has T & C which I find to be often arbitrairly enforced and which I believe is overly harsh, but I think banning members permanently is often a bit overkill ain't it?

They will likely just rejoin under another psudonym anyways.

Wouldn't it be better if their was a gradient of punishment like temporary bans or something?

And don't say they were fully warned first because I know of several cases where people have been banned around here with little or no warning.

I just find it odd that a website devoted to so many fringe topics would be run with such an inflexible, elitest, Iron Fist.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
I understand where your coming from - and I know ATS has T & C which I find to be often arbitrairly enforced and which I believe is overly harsh, but I think banning members permanently is often a bit overkill ain't it?

Wouldn't it be better if their was a gradient of punishment like temporary bans or something?

And don't say they were fully warned first because I know of several cases where people have been banned around here with little or no warning.

I just find it odd that a website devoted to so many fringe topics would be run with such an inflexible, elitest, Iron Fist.

Dude, calm down. Jeez man, people get banned if they don't follow the rules. Simple.

It's not rocket science.

[edit on 5/25/05 by The Axeman]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You've been a member for two weeks. I highly doubt that you know of such cases.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
If you are having problems scanning those things.
Scan then bigger like you said you can, and even though you cant save em big. Whenever the large image is showing up on the screen push the "Print Scrn | Sysrq" button. Third in from the left at the very top of the keyboard.
Then goto mspaint or whatever program you like, pref one that can save it as a .jpg file, and go Edit -> Paste. Should paste your entire desktop and everyhtign on the screen.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I understand where your coming from - and I know ATS has T & C which I find to be often arbitrairly enforced and which I believe is overly harsh,

If you have any concerns over a particular instance then please let us know, we like to get feedback from members and it helps us to moderate better.

but I think banning members permanently is often a bit overkill ain't it?

No, not in the cases where its happened. They're the ones who have gone overboard.

We can stop them from doing that. Indeed, we do. People seem to think that its trivially easy to do this. The overlord knows his stuff, and lots of other people in administration know the tricks and the methods and can see thru the haze. Not perfectly, but we can get rid of people we want to get rid of. besides, anyone who does deceive us, well, they're twits anyway, thats why they were banned, so soon enough they act like idiots again and get banned again.

if their was a gradient of punishment like temporary bans or something?

There are. Indeed, we can remove bans on people too. Usually the people that we ban are complete jerkoffs and won't even respond to simply questions, and thus the bans never get taken off.

You know of absolutely no such thing since it has not happened. No one has been banned here without receiving contact. If they were too stupid to be able to read a u2u, or see a message saying 'HEY, contact us, there's a problem we need to discuss' in the forums themselves, well, *shurg*, they were still notified.

You have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about. The modship and administration on this board is wildly careful and exacting in appling point deductions, red flag warns, temporary posting bans, putting people on global ignore, and even 'perma-bans'. Heck, sometimes we know that someone has 'covertly' returned and allow them to operate. If you think that these are 'iron fist' tactics, well, you must be very touchy. If you think we are too 'iron fisted' then leave. There are, on any given day, over a thousand people that view this site. Look at the stats. We aren't forcing them to come here, and if we were a bunch of 'nazi mods' then they wouldn't come here.

Anyway, if you have problems or concerns, let us know thru the complaint and suggestion forms.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

You know of absolutely no such thing since it has not happened. No one has been banned here without receiving contact. If they were too stupid to be able to read a u2u, or see a message saying 'HEY, contact us, there's a problem we need to discuss' in the forums themselves, well, *shurg*, they were still notified.

Well I hate to disagree but I work with a guy who was banned without any u2u or other warning.

I saw it happen to him - I was a long time lurker of this site before I joined.

A moderator suggested that he tone down his enthusiasm for starting a UFO club and he said okay.

30 minutes later he was banned - no u2u - no nothing else in the thread explaning his ban.

That kinda stuff happens around here - this is why I do not discuss certain topics around here.

But trust me it stifles free thought and works against the free exchange of ideas.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join