It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Have Information About This Pin?!?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

It's my grandfather's pin. On the back it has his initials. He grew up in Hershey, Pennsylvania, although that doesn't mean it's not from somewhere else. He is also a member of Ye Ancient & Secret Order Of The Quiet Birdmen (to learn more, or if you have information concerning Quiet Birdmen, see this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... )

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It seems to be a Kinghts Templar pin. The Knights Templar are an appendant body of Freemasonry, part of the York Rite. The black cross is commonly seen on their rings and pins, take a look at this ring for an example:

www.masonicexchange.com...

Also, the skull and crossbones have always been a prevalent Templar symbol. I am pretty sure your Grandpa was a Knight Templar.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I bet you were worried that it was a Nazi Iron Cross, huh? I guess the good news is that your grandfather was in fact, not a Nazi Adolf Hitler lover. He was something far better. Cool

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If that is the conclusion to come to, then be it. But it also has three symbols on the top of the skull. Someone please enlarge about 350% and tell me what it means.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If you post a larger picture of the pin itself I will enlarge it for you.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
E.D.,

It really looks like a college fraternity pin. Are the emblems on the skull Greek Letters? If you can post larger version we might be able to tell.
Several college fraternities (besides Skull & Bones..a discussion we don't want to get into here)
...use the Skull & Crossed Bones as an emblem including Tau Kappe Epsilon, Phi Kappa Sigma, Kappa Sigma, and Sigma Phi Epsilon.

It's possible that this is his (or someone's) college fraternity pin.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's his, as I stated earlier, his initials are on the back. As for enlarging, I can enlarge it, but not save it that way. If you "Save Picture", then open in a program that allows you to enlarge, you'll see a "O" followed by two squares missing the bottom lines. I hope this helps, and thank you all for your time on this matter.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Enlarging it causes it to get way too pixelated to make anything out. If you could post a close-up, it would definitely help. Also, is that a sword going through the back of the skull?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It does at first glance it looks like it could be a Freemason/Templar pin, but upon further review I'm thinking it to be a fraternity pin.

My reason for this is that Sigma Theta fraternity chapter is located in North Carolina and is a Skull n Bones fraternity. There is also another chapter that is called Sigma Phi Epsilon. Both mostly use a ruby red for the skull eyes, and when you see the two compared side by side..

Your picture blown up

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't have a digital camera, all I have is a scanner, which is what I used. I tried for an hour to enlarge it, I can, but it does not save this way, it only saves small. It's not a sword, what you see is the tip of the tail & head of the snake. As for the letters, as follows -

-0- then two squares without the bottom line following the 0.

I'm using Microsoft Picture It 9 to scan it, if someone knows how to save a zoomed-in image, let me know. Around 350% you can see it perfectly, but I can't save it like this. I apologize for this, but again, I tried for an hour.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You know you can compare the pin itself to many other older pins by going here: www.vintagefraternitypins.com...

Sorry, I don't know a thing about the Micrsh*t Picture It stuff.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I tried blowing up and altering the contrast, highlights, colour, etc, but to no avail, its illegible.

What would be a good idea would be to open up MSPaint, and draw the letters, shapes, etc, that'd be quick.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Sorry for not doing this sooner, thank you for the idea, and again, thank you all for your help.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris
Sorry for not doing this sooner, thank you for the idea, and again, thank you all for your help.

Those are very obviously greek letters! "Theta Pi Pi". It is most likely a fraternity pin.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris

Theta Pi Pi fraternity, once a local fraternity, now part of Kappa Delta Rho. Check out this link for some history of the organization as well as that same skull w/ a serpent insignia.

www.lycoming.edu...

Regards,

Senrak

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Nice, I love it when stuff gets resolved.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
College fraternities eh. How much of the corporate and governmental corruption in the US stems from them? A little or a lot?

I'm interested in why it could have been considered a K.T. pin - unlike any imagery I have seen in any priory or preceptory.

Can we link to something "official" that shows how the skull and the "iron cross" have been used by KT's?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Can we link to something "official" that shows how the skull and the "iron cross" have been used by KT's?

The skull and sometimes the skull and crossed bones have been utilized as a symbol of mortality by several fraternal organizations for many years. In some jurisdictions it's used in the Master Mason degree as well, since the main teaching of that degree is the mortality of the body and the immortality of the soul.

I can't speak for the "iron cross" but the Masonic Templars have utilized the "Patee' cross" and sometimes the "Maltese cross" as a symbol of their Order. This despite the fact that the original Knights Templar and the original Knights of Malta (or Knights Hospitaler) were two different Orders of knighthood.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

What are these numbers i always see below or on these type of skulls pics? "322"

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Weird - why was Enigmatic Debris banned??

It would be nice if there was a thread that discussed why people were banned so that they wouldn't just appear to drop off the face of the forums...

Oh well - hope he didn't have anything useful to contrbute...

Guess we will never know..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join