It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why don't they show themselves?!?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
so many people know about the aliens, why don't they just come down and see us, and end all the grey areas, pun intended. it's like area 51, so many people knew it was there, but the government kept denying it. it's frustrating. also, hello to Waygar.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
No disrespect. However, you need to do a lot more research to learn about the very Alien thing you may have prematuely decided about?

Dallas

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think perhaps the question is not 'why won't they show themselves' but rather 'why would they'?

I think humans have made a lot of progress in the last couple of hundred years but on a galactic scale that is a pretty short time.

Take a look at the human race yourself, we are talking about intelligent beings here they reason somehow. It is not hard to come up with a lot of different reasons for not just showing up and saying hello.

Anyone can see that the sudden arrival of beings from another planet would have a huge impact on the humans who live on Earth. Any race that has respect for others would see that. I am really unsure as to how much actual information about UFOs that anyone on Earth has, but perhaps there has been some real communication. Maybe they asked 'us' (us being the us government in this case) and were told that contact is a bad idea.

I do believe there are a number of races involved in the whole UFO story, so no one reason will do.

A.T
(-)

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
True, the sudden technological leap mankind has made over the last couple centuries is probably what peaks their interest. It seems we may have only recently become interesting to them, i dont think it is a mere coincidence that after our first a-bomb detonation that sightings of UFOs jumped off the scale.

Wouldnt you be interested if you saw a primitive culture create a very destructive weapon? wouldnt you want to see what they did with it?
After ww2 we were afraid of the destructive potential of these weapons and have done a fairly decent job of keeping ourselves from being wiped out. Although proliferation of these weapons is a little disheartening i think it may not be long before we agree to abandon them for purposes of war.
I think in a way they are watching how we can manage ourselves on a technologically sophisticated level, if we are still here in a few centuries and havent returned to the stone age than maybe they will make contact.
This will probably only after we do start to think of nuclear weapons as a waste. I think they have potential in deflecting asteroids and that kind of thing and maybe should be kept for that reason but i think we need to end the days of pointing missiles at each other.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Remember what happened with the 'War of the Worlds' Incident? People weren't ready for this kind of scare. The same is true today. Technology has come a long way in the last 100 years, but our ideals and beliefs haven't.

Science has disproven many things, including stories from the bible, but that doesn't stop people believing that the bible is still real (Whether it is or not). The same goes for aliens. There is overwhelming evidence to suggest that we are not alone in the universe, videos, eye witnesses, abduction reports etc., but any suggestion of aliens instantly entails the old "Weather Baloon" or "Swamp Gas" or "That man was crazy. He was seeing things for years" excuses.

Imagine what 1 alien would do to the population. There would be mass panick, the government would come under fire for 'letting this happen', people would get fired from the military bases for not keeping this a secret, and people would be forced into a paranoid state, fearing to leave their homes etc, destroying the economy.

OK, so not everyone will do that, but it takes one paranoid celebrity or polititian to start the rest off.

So that's probably why Aliens do not show themselves. Because of the terror it could evoke

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Whoa! whoa! hold it..... I dont remeber science debunking anything from the bible, and i find it annoying how many people attack the bible and christianity as being the root of a problem
. If anything can be said about it, it can be said that we owe most of what we view as morality to the bible and christianity. After all, I think it was quakers and hardcore christians that began the first abolishments of slavery, and this just one of many things.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
They have. But not all just the deal between Trueman and the race of EBEs that accepted exchange of technology for abductions (Gaz jump in if I missed something).

Their here and last I heard - 160 races though Nordics and Reps are totally representive of most species. Less the Nordic/Reptillians- type the others cannot breath our oxygen/nitrogen or survive within our pressurized atmosphere.

Other than that their perfectly sustaining in our atmosphere (laugh).

Dallas

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I never meant to attack the bible, or christianity. I meant that there has been scientific discoveries that have disproven Certain stories from the bible:

And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day." Joshua 10:12-13

Science has shown (indirectly) that this cannot happen, because to stop the earth would mess everything up, like tides and stuff.

I didn't mean to offend, I was simply making a point. Sorry if I did offend

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Very well spoken. They, in my opinion, are not relative to the human nomaclature. Those of us who have followed this for a while have seen then gliding in and out clouds - saying their here but perhaps allowing certain indivduals to see and then not see.

Only in that case one had a videao camera and recorded left into a cloud - right out of the cloud - and left back into the cloud.

So yes..I think perhaps their not allowing FULL disclosure just we're here and then gone.

Dallas

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The aliens are pussies. They are scared.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
dallas, i agree with your remark:

They have. But not all just the deal between Trueman and the race of EBEs that accepted exchange of technology for abductions

i made a thread on that a while ago and you can find the whole discussion at thislink

Red

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Aliens are not pussies. They are not scared.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
im a catholic in the past few years of reading posts from diffrent web sites and such i now am starting to belive that the bible is just a accraute account of visisatation af aliens from other worlds, like ill give an example, egypt , ok they new of et exstance so did the myans and the incans, and the hindews and the chinese its been documented and dismissed, why would a entire planet of people lie, they wouldent, i just think that past cultures were visited by aliens, and the bible is a story, jesus was a real man, but whos to say that he wasent in contact with the aliens them selves, what of all the old religious paintings with strange craft in them, what of all the hyroglphics with stnge things on them, i think the reason aliens dont show them selves is becasue we over time have become more and more dangerous to our selves and others humans are breed for war, we are consintly killing each other, our planet when you look at from a galatic standpoint cant even stand on its own 2 feet witout help, we think we are so advanced, were not even to the point where there is world peace, i think if anything aliens are considering us a threat to them, from a military standpoint what would be the best way to run survalance there scouting us, to see our weakness, i my self think that we are a threat to them

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don`t think there is a meaning for us to see them.

First of all , Humans are often afraid , paranoid and do not think before they act.
Mabye they see us as a violent and cruel kind ( as we are ) of living creature.
Perhaps they have let the violent etc past by them and just live.

They might know that we would attack them or something if they would contact us and therefor I do think they know our kind and do not want to have contact because we do alot of # around the world.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
They are doing it strategically for a reason,they know now times are becoming do or die.So they plant seeds into our reality.Hoping that with time it will grow and flourish.There is a reason behind all these new movies and series on them.They hope with time this will become very accepting to this concept of reality.The more we become familiarized with this information,the easier the shift is.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01

They most certainly are NOT pussies, though they probably don't care for
Cats much!!!

And to SPACECowboys------->

You are concentrating on the Forest too much and totally missing the Trees....Yeah, you really need to do some more reading into it whilst keeping a very very open mind.....Good Luck

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Firstly I'd like to say hello to all ATS members this being my first post.

I think it will be some decades yet before official first contact. We are still far too primative a species living on a planet where tribal warfare is still common and widespread. Throw in the fact how careless we are with our planets enviroment and the destruction of rainforests & eco systems. Millions of people still dying of starvation & illness whilst the 1st world ignores. Our C.V. can't look very impressive can it?

Of course any ET race that visits here may choose to not reveal themselves fully as why should they? They are free to go wherever they choose & can do pretty much anything they want too.....who can stop them?

It's likely we are being closely monitered & there are big concerns for our ambitions to soon weaponise space. We may be soon contained, warned or even sterlised if we start sabre rattling in near space.

I think we are on a slow drip of information regarding the existance of ET. The wealth of all things alien building up in the media & films is no coincidence over the years. Look at polls now with more people believing we are not alone.

Contact with a higher intelligence could prove counter productive to our further development. History shows again & again what happened to the native indians of the Americas & Aboriginies of Australia when coming into contact with a more highly developed culture.

Two major hurdles to overcome are convincing hardcore religous sections of society and how they recieve & percieve the existance of ET. The second being massive economic faliure with the prospect of new technology years ahead making all things here soon redundant.

But as incidents and reports go up, with an evergrowing number of smaller nations airforces coming into contact with UFO's such as in South America & Africa how long before a cover up is still effective? More of us especially this generation accept it's not if but when we make first contact and these people are tomorrows leaders.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Perhaps they've seen the movies and tv shows about killing alien invaders we,ve made.

TV and radio signels go out into space.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01

That busted me up.

Welcome Postman, that was an excellent first post.

But most of you think they aren't going to show themselves because we are still primitive to them. I think that the only way we are going to mature is when we realize the universe is bigger than our world. I know it will be shocking to many if disclosure takes place, but in the long run it will be good for us.

I don't think it will cause people to loose faith in religion though. Even now with all the advancements in science, most people still believe in God. I also think that a lot of Biblical stories were probably based on extraterrestrial events. But there is no way to prove that, so let people think what they want.

After doing some research, I have come to the conclusion that there really isn't any evidence of any collaborating with the government. I don't think the aliens care what we think, and therefore are not going to give us the proof we want so badly. If we ever do meet them, I think what we learn will be quite different than what we think is happening.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
wow, lots of great feedback, thanks, folks. just to clear the air, i am an avid believer in aliens, and believe that i have been abducted by them on at least two occasions. i was just wondering what everyone else thought. actually, i posted about the war of the worlds idea on another thread. i've read into this whole idea quite a bit, just wondering what you folks thought. thanks very much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join