It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does David Blaine Levitate? Do You Know?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
David Blaine can't levitate, nobody can. I saw a tv show where they showed you how all his tricks are done, very easy indeed. He lifts himself up slightly with one foot while keeping the other in the air. You have to be at a certain angle, i did this and my bro was like wow that's cool. On tv they reshoot with stunt doubles and they lift him up with wires or whatever and it looks like both feet were off the ground. The reaction is of his normal street stunt but what you see is just replicated later that day.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
You could make millions if you could do the levitation thing like Blaine and Copperfield. In my 40 + years of life, these two guys are the only people that I have seen do it. Where are the crowds of levitators that I would expect to see, were it so easy? If you go back through this thread you can read my account of seeing Copperfield do it live. He sure was convincing, and since he was at times quite high up in the air above the crowd, I know he wasn't on his tippie toes. Do you honestly think that those people in the Blaine street magic vids are so easily fooled so close up? And so consistently, I've not seen one person state that they felt he didn't actually lift off. But I did see numerous normal folk in many different parts of the USA get wide eyed with amazement when they watched him do it right in front of them. I feel that they are not so easily fooled, and I am certain that if levitation was so easy to fool people into believing, there would have been far more people doing it, and those two would not be so famous and revered worldwide. Don't you?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Do you have any Copperfield Levitation videos? I wouldn't mind seeing some.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Dumbass you could even do it, they even had another magician replicate it. It's so easy it's stupid, i think it is the easiest trick in the book by far. Why don't you look it up and you will be amazed at how simple it is.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Let's see you do a levitation if it is so easy as you say. You could be rich if you really knew how. Copperfield, Blaine, and Chris Angel are three people who seem to be able to do it, and they are doing quite well from that ability. I saw Copperfield live three times, and it is more impressive when seen from twenty feet away. If it was the easiest trick in the book everyone would be doing it. Why aren't they? I would love to hear a good reason for that.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
To say that anyone can do this trick should be rich is illogical. There are plenty of talented amateur and professional magicians who will never reach the level of success that the handful of popular magicians have. There are some wealthy musicians and singers out there. How many actually get rich in the profession? Are the ones that make it more talented than the rest that don't? In some cases maybe, in most no.

Steve

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
everyone who says he cant levitate it right...he isnt the first one to do this trick....even i can do it....now i cant do it as well cause he obviously has trained and got more strength in his ankles then i do....but its in the angle that you do it...what you do is....leave one fott straight...while the other foot does the work...but in the angle your in...the one doing the work ou can only see the heel...this is easily easily done...i used to do it in front of friends awhile back before everyone realized how it was done.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I give Blaine's audiences a bit more credit, mainly cuz I saw Copperfield live three times, and he flew all over the place the last time. I only saw Iron maiden twice, and the last time I did, the opening act blew them away...
Guns n Roses.
I don't agree that all these magic acts are just sleight of hand and such, I believe in magic, though. And feel no need to convince anyone else to agree with me, to each his own. I know that many of the 'illusions' are easily explained, and are just illusions, as I saw how some were done from my seat at the show. I was in row seven one time, and had a good view. But that same night, I saw numerous 'tricks' performed that boggled my mind. Seeing Copperfield split in two pieces and then the two halves wheeled to opposite sides of the stage is quite humourous to see and ponder from twenty feet away.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I remember when this show was on over a year ago or longer. I looked up how to do it as well but never tried it.

I JUST tried it (the ball-of-foot levitation) in front of a full lenth mirror and FREAKED MYSELF OUT.

Then I did it for my dad. Even knowing it was a trick, it made him feel uneasy. I guess because it looks so real and odd. The first time you see it your brain doesn't want to believe it.

Hey, blackguard..., Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour right? Axl was sick with some overdose or throat (yeah right) problem. Guns cancelled at the last minute.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

[edit on 18-7-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
For those interested in the "King Rising" levitation here's a site that explains how it's done.

en.wikipedia.org...

The performer of the King Rising Levitation removes his shoe that is farthest from the audience and stands with that foot pointing outward. The illusionist then simply stands on the tip-toe of his bare foot while sandwiching the empty shoe against the other shoe. The bare foot is concealed from view of the audience by the foot nearest to the audience and by the illusionist's clothing. Unlike the Balducci effect, the King Levitation can be viewed from a wider angle without being figured out by the audience.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm sick of people insulting others since they can't convince the other of what THEY think is correct.

I have never seen Blaine in person, but if a witness actually looked to see if he had a foot on the ground or not could attest to the fact that he can float, then wow...he most be really good.

I have alot of confidence in Paul Richards and his conclusions are correct, i've been personally aware of the Group Entity.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I'm sick of people insulting others since they can't convince the other of what THEY think is correct.

I have never seen Blaine in person, but if a witness actually looked to see if he had a foot on the ground or not could attest to the fact that he can float, then wow...he most be really good.

I have alot of confidence in Paul Richards and his conclusions are correct, i've been personally aware of the Group Entity.

Thanks GrOuNd_ZeRo.

I don't like to advertise products, but David Blaine's DVD is worth viewing. I purchased mine locally for under 10 USD.

For a non-ATS posting overview on my take on him, go to David Blaine...Not Just An Illusionist.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Criss Angel levitation is way better than that of the David Blaine...

For those who missed Criss Angel's Mindfreak premier yesterday, july 20, 2005, check this schedule...
spark.vo.llnwd.net...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
Criss Angel levitation is way better than that of the David Blaine...

For those who missed Criss Angel's Mindfreak premier yesterday, july 20, 2005, check this schedule...
spark.vo.llnwd.net...

I'm open to that possibility. But Blaine has also done some direct materializations -- that are on his DVD -- that go beyond even body levitation on the street.

Like giving someone money to purchase lottery tickets and then that person winning hundreds of dollars (I think it was $1600). Or bringing a dead pigeon in a city park back to life. Or going up to a street person who is holding a cup of coffee and, without moving the cup, changing what is in the cup from coffee to US currency coins and then giving it to him. The street person then broke out into song.

If this guy were a Swami, he would have a large following.

I'd be interested to know if Criss Angel does materializations like Sai Baba and David Blaine. I've seen a couple of Angel's telekinetic spoon-bending tricks but have yet to see him materialize something out of thin air as the others have done.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
I'd be interested to know if Criss Angel does materializations like Sai Baba and David Blaine. I've seen a couple of Angel's telekinetic spoon-bending tricks but have yet to see him materialize something out of thin air as the others have done.

Actually, he did....he made some girl draw a picture of a butterfly on piece of paper...asked he to fold it twice...and then put it on his hand....he did something with it...then as he unfold the paper, the live butterfly fly away...

Also, not only that Criss Angel did levitate, he levitate others as well...outside, in plain side, bright day...if you see the premier the "Mindfreak" at the above website...

[edit on 22-7-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Interesting. I didn't get a chance to see Mindfreak but I'll try to catch it in the future. I have seen many stage illusions in the past. When I can see something on film that boggles eyewitnesses that are only a few steps away, I am more open to the idea that GE manifested telekinesis is behind the "illusion."

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Okay, im sorry, but i have to totally disagree with the entire notion that David Blaine has any TK powers or anything. I mean, if you actually watch the video of the street magic he was in, you will see that there was only one camera man when he performed the levitation stunt in front of those two women. And then, all of a sudden, they cut to this shot behind the two women's heads and show him coming off of the ground like 3 feet in the air. Its completely contrived and was just done for television. I am sure he actually did the levitation trick where you prop yourself up on one foot and raise the other at a specific angle to the audience, which is why the women reacted. But the camera shot behind their heads and him rising in the air is completely bogus. Also, when he bit the coin, that had nothing to do with TK powers at all, u can buy that trick on the internet.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by James_Moriarty
Okay, im sorry, but i have to totally disagree with the entire notion that David Blaine has any TK powers or anything.

Oh yeah...and I can tell that you have A LOT of experience with telekinesis and the other Gifts of the Spirit.

And all the people in the Street Magic and Magic Man videos were all paid off in advance to freak out when David did these "illusions" a few feet (in certain instances only inches) away from them on city sidewalks, bars, in residential areas, and in restaurants, without wires or props of any kind. And those that weren't paid off ahead of time were complete morons who can easily be fooled!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As I stated, David Blaine probably performed the levitation 'trick' in front of those people, so the reaction was probably genuine. But, if you watch the clip, there is a 'magic' camera man #2 who suddenly appears behind them and gets the shot of him levitating three feet in the air. Doctoring video is not that hard to do at all. Most of the tricks he performed i know how to do, so I’m sure most of the reactions were real. But as to the coin trick and the levitation which you think are a result of TK....come on man. The guy has no TK powers at all. Telekinesis is a pseudo-science. If people do have telekinetic powers, then why is there still no tangible evidence? Why doesn’t the entire scientific community take it seriously? It’s because they have looked into it and there is no proof. David Blaine has a book where, in detail, he describes how each trick was done and believe me, no where in the book does he attribute the effect to telekinesis or ‘magic’.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Doctoring video is irrelevant when you have eyewitnesses that are only a few feet away. Camera angles are also irrelevant to the genuine reactions of astonishment from the crowd of onlookers.

One of the people in this thread saw David Blaine LIVE and he attests that both of his feet were off the ground during his levitation. How do you account for that? Just because it doesn't fit nicely into your little book of close-minded "science" does not mean that it doesn't exist.

Labeling telekinesis a "pseudo-science" only shows us your ignorance. Telekinesis is not manifested with physically-based energy at all, and cannot be measured in a laboratory with instrumentation.

Traditional science cannot measure emotion in a laboratory either.

Does that make all your emotions illusory since they cannot be proven scientifically?

If we follow your line of thought, then yes, your emotions are an illusion and therefore don't exist.

Hmmm...maybe we should then label your emotions a "pseudo-science."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join