It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does David Blaine Levitate? Do You Know?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplesunn
now...if you REALLY wanna see some awesome illusions...u need to check out Criss Angel. that boy is bada$$! www.crissangel.com
in fact, on his site he does 'internet illusions'. you look at him flip the cards and he tells you to focus on one card that you see as he flips through...then...he shows you the card ur thinking about *through the internet!* the first time i was blown away and mystified how he could do it, but then u can do it AGAIN. and again, you get blown away cos he tells you the card you're thinking of. and if tha'ts not enough, you can do it a THIRD time and again....it's simply amazing and i was left speechless. obviously they do something to have you focus on one card that trips off the human mind in the illusion. pretty freaky, but incrediably amazing!

When you are concentrating on the card be sure to write it down. Make sure you write wheather it is hearts or diamonds, clubs or spades.
Then let the "illusion" finish.

Edit:Sorry I was thinking of another trick much better then that dumb trick he showed. I'll have to find the link.
The Queen of hearts was the most promidently shown card when he flicked thru and not the card I was thinking. Stupid stupid trick.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I noticed that a number of people in this thread hit upon some good points.

For one, the so-called Balducci Levitation Trick cannot cause the degree of elevation that David Blaine has produced in public.

Secondly, as has been already pointed out, it is a safe assumption that the people that he did his levitation trick for (in broad daylight and on public sidewalks) were not complete idiots. They would be able to tell from standing three feet away from him if he had one of his feet touching the ground.

Third, if anyone has ever done any research on Indian fakirs, levitation is something that they can occasionally do but not always on command. This is also the reason why Blaine feels ill afterwards. One does not get ill from using props and film editing

I've been around people with genuine telekinetic Gifts, like "The Amazing Kreskin" for example. David Blaine is one of them. There is a large Group Entity which grants him an occasional telekientic Gift. It doesn't mean that he is spiritually advanced, only that a large collective of spirits work through him and around him to manifest telekinesis.

In the past, the same has applied to the Israeli psychic/telekinetic, Uri Geller. Geller couldn't turn the juice on and off at will either and had to resort to fakery for those times when he was expected to perform in public and the power wasn't there for him.

It doesn't mean that they are quacks, it just means that they can't control the ability because they are not the source of it.

Sai Baba of India is a well-known sexual predator of young men and boys at his ashram and has been for decades. The Indian government ignores the allegations and will not arrest him. Sai Baba's lack of spirituality didn't prevent him from channeling a large Group Entity in years past that granted him Gifts of the Spirit that rivaled that of the prophet Issa/Jesus. Which is why many have referred to Sai Baba as "The Christ of India." Puh-leeze. The man is a pedophile. So you don't have to spiritually advanced to be a prophet for a large group of common spirits. His Gifts have lessened with age and he no longer draws the crouds of devotees and pilgrims like he did in the 1980s.

David Blaine also has the ability to occasionally teleport one or more playing cards. How the hell does sleight-of-hand explain moving a playing card into the back pocket of a pedestrian across a table or on the other side of a fully closed glass window? It doesn't.

Blaine of course will not admit to having a Gift of Telekinesis. Why should he? It has made him a multimillionaire. He bought the former mansion of Harry Houdini. Rumor has it that he got his Street Magic gig in the first place by performing his levitation in a highrise office of a big television producer.

If Blaine's levitation trick were all that easy, then how come there aren't hundreds of other street magicians doing the same thing on public sidewalks and on camera?

Answer: because it isn't a trick.

Think about it.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Here's the video. So decide for yourself.

Anti-gravity pills. See my post above if you want some, or video edit.

mysite.verizon.net...

[edit on 22-5-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I didn't want to edit my post above this way those reading this thread don't miss this.

Here's a link to alot of Blaines trickery. And it's free.

goodtricks.net...

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplesunn
now...if you REALLY wanna see some awesome illusions...u need to check out Criss Angel. that boy is bada$$! www.crissangel.com
in fact, on his site he does 'internet illusions'. you look at him flip the cards and he tells you to focus on one card that you see as he flips through...then...he shows you the card ur thinking about *through the internet!* the first time i was blown away and mystified how he could do it, but then u can do it AGAIN. and again, you get blown away cos he tells you the card you're thinking of. and if tha'ts not enough, you can do it a THIRD time and again....it's simply amazing and i was left speechless. obviously they do something to have you focus on one card that trips off the human mind in the illusion. pretty freaky, but incrediably amazing!

The trick was that he slows down a little bit to the card he want you to see and speed the rest faster...The END!

However, I still could not understand how he was able to walk off the ground and onto the wall of a building...that's freaky (illusion)!

[edit on 22-5-2005 by mwen]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Just to stir the pot some more, here's David's Valentines Day gift to us all.

WARNING!!!! IF THERE A CHILDREN AROUND YOU, PLEASE GET THEM IN ANOTHER ROOM FOR THE VIEWING OF THE VIDEO. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18, PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK! IT IS ONLY A TRICK.

www.milkandcookies.com...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
does copperfiled fly when he picks up the dry cleaning ?

I'm no expert, but th human mind is fairly easily fooled, regardless of IQ. Think of a movie. Its really a lot of stills running by a light fats enough so we can't pick up on it. Throw in a performer with charisma, confidence, and the knowledge of slight of hand, and your toast. They distract you just long enough to make the switch.

I still can't figure out how my grandfather got all those quarters out my my ear when I was a kid....amazing

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Experience talks. When you are around people that have a genuine telekinetic ability and/or have channeled that energy yourself, you begin to realize that some things cannot be faked through trickery and film editing.

As I addressed before, if what David Blaine does were all that easy and could be done with sleight-of-hand, misdirection, and electronic gadgets: then hundreds of illusionists would be making their own Street Magic videos.

So...the question arises:

Where are they?

How about even ONE of them.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Experience talks. When you are around people that have a genuine telekinetic ability and/or have channeled that energy yourself, you begin to realize that some things cannot be faked through trickery and film editing.

As I addressed before, if what David Blaine does were all that easy and could be done with sleight-of-hand, misdirection, and electronic gadgets: then hundreds of illusionists would be making their own Street Magic videos.

So...the question arises:

Where are they?

How about even ONE of them.

Where are they indeed. It is so simple to nay say, so easy to criticize, and it seems that for some people, that is their way of getting their jollies. They cannot do better themselves, yet they enjoy ridiculing those who are able to do it. I have seen too much, too many miracles, too much magic very close up.... and have even inexplicably been personally involved in some phenomena that no one can explain, other than to say I am either crazy or lying. I may be crazy, but I'm not lying. And I'm not that crazy.
The world is filled with unknowledgeable skeptics. To dispute, dismiss, deride, and denounce people and things that they know little or nothing at all about is their pastime. They do not offer alternative solutions to the questions whose answers they attack, and to me criticism without solutions is not constructive criticism. To me, it is useless, and not to be given any credence whatsoever.
If all these people who say they know how to do Blaine's and Copperfield's magic tricks could actually do what they say, they would put those two guys out of business.
Copperfield has been in business a long, long time......... where have they all been all that time? Hmmmmm......

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Its a trick. They are all tricks. I gaurantee you 100%. I don't have the time to go throuhg it all now, but i will later.

Its just common magic tricks, nothing spiratual at all...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thanks BlackGuardXIII...

Originally posted by Vector J
Its a trick. They are all tricks. I gaurantee you 100%. I don't have the time to go throuhg it all now, but i will later.

Not spiritual...telekinetic. There is a difference.

There are lots of people who can "explain it" but can't duplicate it. Instead, show us a video of you duplicating David Blaine's card teleportations and levitation ability; not in carefully controlled conditions on stage but on the sidewalks of an American or European city, in broad daylight, in front of live witnesses that you have just met for the very first time.

This challenge goes out to anyone who thinks they can duplicate Blaine's "tricks" without a telekinetic Gift.

And the deafening silence in the forum made it possible to hear a pin drop.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Thanks BlackGuardXIII...

Not spiritual...telekinetic. There is a difference.

There are lots of people who can "explain it" but can't duplicate it. Instead, show us a video of you duplicating David Blaine's card teleportations and levitation ability; not in carefully controlled conditions on stage but on the sidewalks of an American or European city, in broad daylight, in front of live witnesses that you have just met for the very first time.

This challenge goes out to anyone who thinks they can duplicate Blaine's "tricks" without a telekinetic Gift.

And the deafening silence in the forum made it possible to hear a pin drop.

Its not telekinesis, its bollocks. Its a TRICK.

What you see on tv is two different things spliced togetgher.

First off blaine will do the balducci move (or whatever its called), and when done properlly it looks damn surprising, and thats where you get the crowd reaction pictures from. Then, later on, either in a studio, or in the same place when no-ones around, blaine gets lifted up on a harness, and the 'crowd' behind him is just stooges dressed the same as the previous audience (You never see him levitate and the audience in front of him, so that you can see their faces, now do you?). The two shots are athen edited together. You see blaine talk to them, get ready, then the scene cuts to the new shot of him being raised on a harness, and then the shot cuts to the crowds reaction to his balducci move, which is what they saw.

When you stand there and watch him fly several feet into the air before your very eyes, then, only then are you qualified to say its somethign else. Till then please defer to the magicains and professionals who KNOW how he did it.

His feeling ill afterwards is just an act, because it makes people think that he actually did something profound and it effected him physically.

The card teleports are also just tricks, nothing more. The window one is the most easy and straight forward. You force the spectator to choose a specific card, and then you quickly turn and throw the pack at a window, behind which you already planted a duplicate card. You never see a signed card end up on the other side of that window now do you?

He's a MAGICIAN, and a damn fine one with some of his tricks, and a major con artist with others. He does not know telekinesis. He is not calling on the power of various otherworldy spirits or entities. THEY ARE ALL TRICKS.

When a magician shows you a shuffled pack, egts you to deal it into 4 piles, and shows you that the top of each pile is an ace, do you think its a trick? Or whenever you see a magician do pretty much anything you can;t explain outright, do you just think that hes doing something spiratual/telekinetic/whatever else?...

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Vector J]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

He does not know telekinesis. He is not calling on the power of various otherworldy spirits or entities. THEY ARE ALL TRICKS.

Doing levitation and teleportation tricks under controlled conditions, like on stage, is one thing. Doing it in broad daylight on city sidewalks (with eyewitnesses to confirm them) is something much different.

Which is why no one else has been able to do so.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

He does not know telekinesis. He is not calling on the power of various otherworldy spirits or entities. THEY ARE ALL TRICKS.

Doing levitation and teleportation tricks under controlled conditions, like on stage, is one thing. Doing it in broad daylight on city sidewalks (with eyewitnesses to confirm them) is something much different.

Which is why no one else has been able to do so.

Oh for god's sake. If everyone was to go round doing the levitation, no-one would care, its only special if one guy does it. If everyone else did it, nobody would care about it, so it would be pointless.

Also i'd wager a lot of magicians don;t want to copy the levitation becuase it involves video editing, and is therefore not a magic trick, but a video trick, and therefore isn;t as special. Most magicians don;t like doing cop outs...

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
For the sake of DENYING IGNORANCE, very few people have a genuine Gift of Telekinesis and none of them can turn it on and off at will. Issa/Jesus of Nazareth had it, Uri Geller had it, Sai Baba had it, various others had it throughout history -- including many relatively unknown and/or forgotten prophets.

Video editing is worthless when you are doing it on city sidewalks with people whom you have just met for the first time and who confirm the manifestation. Again, if it were so easy, then hundreds of illusionists would have made their own version of the Street Magic video.

David Blaine is a young man and was relatively unknown before his talents were filmed in public on city sidewalks. Why haven't veteran illusionists who are decades older than him do what he has done?

Still no takers on the challenge.

No surprise there.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Doing levitation and teleportation tricks under controlled conditions, like on stage, is one thing. Doing it in broad daylight on city sidewalks(with eyewitnesses to confirm them)is something much different.

Would you please put me in touch with these stooges, ummm I mean eyewitnesses or at least a link of proof that there are any.

Thank you.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom

Doing levitation and teleportation tricks under controlled conditions, like on stage, is one thing. Doing it in broad daylight on city sidewalks(with eyewitnesses to confirm them)is something much different.

Would you please put me in touch with these stooges, ummm I mean eyewitnesses or at least a link of proof that there are any.

Thank you.

Here is a link

www.uyta.com...

And stop calling ppl names and editing ppl post with bold letters,it makes you look very rude and unintelligent,do your own research before attempting to debunk other ppl opinions.

Thank You

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kronn

Thank you.

Here is a link

www.uyta.com...

And stop calling ppl names and editing ppl post with bold letters,it makes you look very rude and unintelligent,do your own research before attempting to debunk other ppl opinions.

Thank You

Thanks Kronn...

In response to the rudely phrased question from Lanotom, what you have to do is contact the producers of the video called Street Magic. A good place to start is here. At that site you will also find a listing of the other unique manifestations that David Blaine has done, like "Bitten and Restored Quarter" (which, along with his Levitation, is a dead give-away that he has a TK Gift), the "Card In Mouth," the "Watch Steal," and the "Card Transposition" -- all of which point to telekinesis.

Which is why you don't see other illusionists doing these things on city sidewalks

Truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Kronn,

How does that site prove eyewitness statements? READ MY POST!
I asked for proof of eyewitnesses not a Pop Up Spyware link.

Paul_Richard,

Sure, I'm going to ask the people who tricked you into believing this is real if the eyewitnesses are real? Thats just too funny.

Here's your bite and restore quarter. It has a $7.70 mark up

www.magictricks.com...

You can also get the card in mouth trick here. It's FREE.

www.goodtricks.net...

Now remember this is Street Magic, no video edit.

NOTHING TELEKINETIC!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Now remember this is Street Magic, no video edit.

NOTHING TELEKINETIC!

You still have that stupid sig?

Anyway, this is something I agree with you on. There is nothing telekinetic about what he does. Links to how his tricks are done are provided throughout this thread.
His tricks are cool
, but they're illusions and illusions only.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join