It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does David Blaine Levitate? Do You Know?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris
Is he the only person who can do this?

No. No he is not. He's standing on his toes. If you have two feet and a sense of balance, you can do it. The trick is getting the angle exactly right and being a exceptional showman. But there is nothing physically extreme about what he does.

Honestly, you must really think that the people who were standing five feet away are complete fools. I am amazed you can state your view with such certainty. I saw David Copperfield fly around our local hockey arena with a lady from the audience in his arms. But then I guess the few thousand of us there must have missed seeing the smoke and mirrors that he must have used to fool us all. I have seen him live three times, once from the center of the seventh row. From that close it is quite comical to see the physics defying 'illusions' he performs. I may be biased though, since I believe in magic.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
hey 13, u2u me if you would be interested in a bridge i have for sale

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I saw David Copperfield fly around our local hockey arena with a lady from the audience in his arms.

Uh, so you saw David Copperfield fly? What was the position of his body while he was flying? I am fairly certain he did not spin in the air or invert himself or alter his speed --things that flying objects or Superman would be assumed to do, in flight. You are saying you do not believe in wires that are thin enough so as to look invisible? You truly believe David Copperfield has the power of flight?

I can do this David Blaine levitation trick in fact I have done it for my friends with the same 'amazed' responses. You simply hold your feet together and you have the viewer of the trick positioned on your rear right corner, looking down at your rear right heel. What you do is put all of your weight on the front left ball of your foot and keep your feet pressed together as you raise up on the ball of that foot. If done correctly and you keep your feet together, it does look as if you are floating a couple inches of the ground. Instructions for this are found on the web quite easily.

Why did Blaine starve himself in that box? What was the point of that? I actually was pretty impressed but the reaction didn't seem very positive.

[edit on 21-5-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
See the left foot? He is simple standing on his toes/ball of foot.

Every other shot you see is an edited image into the show.
You will never see him live and be able to see him levitate while standing in front of you. You will never see the front of both his feet if he performed live for you.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

I saw David Copperfield fly around our local hockey arena with a lady from the audience in his arms.

Uh, so you saw David Copperfield fly? What was the position of his body while he was flying? I am fairly certain he did not spin in the air or invert himself or alter his speed --things that flying objects or Superman would be assumed to do, in flight. You are saying you do not believe in wires that are thin enough so as to look invisible? You truly believe David Copperfield has the power of flight?

I can do this David Blaine levitation trick in fact I have done it for my friends with the same 'amazed' responses. You simply hold your feet together and you have the viewer of the trick positioned on your rear right corner, looking down at your rear right heel. What you do is put all of your weight on the front left ball of your foot and keep your feet pressed together as you raise up on the ball of that foot. If done correctly and you keep your feet together, it does look as if you are floating a couple inches of the ground. Instructions for this are found on the web quite easily.

Why did Blaine starve himself in that box? What was the point of that? I actually was pretty impressed but the reaction didn't seem very positive.

I just saw a clip of David Copperfield flying trick. I was truly impressed. I think it's kind of hard to explain how he does it though. Not only that he float, he flew as well. this trick is hard to explain unless one knows him personally. (the only logical explaination, is that he uses some kind of levitation technolgy)...but who knows...

Compare to David Copperfield, Blaine is just rookie.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Not only that he float, he flew as well.

Unfortunately Mwen, I am not likely to buy a ticket to such a thing. I'd drive somewhere to see him fly outside for free, that's for sure. Can you recall any of the manuevers he was making? Things that would alter his axis of rotation?

I would love to have a laser pointer at a David Copperfield event. Would I get kicked out?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
*You know better than this GG*

[edit on 21-5-2005 by Amuk]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
For those who fail to read, like herman, he does the toe float, then they show edited footage when he is using cable/cord/whatever. I have done the toe float, I impressed the hell out of alot of people at Krogers.

I like how he is able to refill and close empty beer cans. They had him on tv doing this, but he always made sure the can wasn't seen for a couple seconds, IE !SWITCHED! the empty with a full.

His coolest trick was standing on a huge pole for 36 hours straight. That is hard to do, even if you don't lock your knees. If you lock your knees it is easier to stand, for a few minutes, but then knees give out, you collapse. Why band teach always said DON'T LOCK YOUR KNEES! Whenever we had to stand for long periods of time. Some still did, and get to laugh as they fall over and destroy their instrument, some are expensive.(Ever see a 300lb WOMAN fall on a trombone? quite funny, flatens it)

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here's a link to explanations of how alot of both Blaine and Copperfields "Illusions" are performed.

www.spiderlink.net...

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Unfortunately Mwen, I am not likely to buy a ticket to such a thing. I'd drive somewhere to see him fly outside for free, that's for sure. Can you recall any of the manuevers he was making? Things that would alter his axis of rotation?

I would love to have a laser pointer at a David Copperfield event. Would I get kicked out?

I am not sure if I should state that publicly...but you can use one of the P2P program to download some clips of David Copperfield, where one of them is called 'david copperfield flying.mpg'.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom
Here's a link to explanations of how alot of both Blaine and Copperfields "Illusions" are performed.

www.spiderlink.net...

Lanotom: Thanks for the links!

From the link above, here is the explaination to Copperfield's flying trick:

...Copperfield flies by having many thin, but VERY strong wires all over his body. He always wears the same black turtleneck sweater because inside of the sweater is a mechanism that allows certain wires to be detached for certain effects. When he goes into the box, he only has wires on the horizontal plane holding him up. The wires slide down small slits in the side of the box which allow the top to be put on. He is basically a marionette with detachable/reattachable wires. The wires are masked by that pretty, sparkly curtain that always happens to be the background. You couldn't see NEON wire amidst that gaudy thing. Ha. When the rings are passed around him it's the same principal as with the box. And as for that person he flies with, it's a stooge. David Copperfield is no stranger to using stooges. Hope that helps all of your curiosities!...

www.spiderlink.net...

Is it acceptable?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If one thinks rationally, most magic tricks can be figured out pretty easily. Although, I must admit that I often have a difficult time figuring out card tricks.

If you watch closely, you can actually see how Blaine does the levitation trick in some of the videos, but you have to be rather observant. It is the Balducci trick, no question.

I know many magicians look to him with disdain (he's really not that great of a magician), but I love how he surprises people. He's definitely a good actor though. He'd be better suited to the movie business than magic.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I was in the UK when Blaine was doing his 40+ day fasting in the box. He was across the river from the Tower of London. There were quite a few people there checking him out. He would wave weakly to folks once in a while. Some pics:

external image

external image

I think his "bathroom" was in the back corner under the blanket. He was at 30 some days at this point, so I don't think he needed it much. Ocassionally they would put up the screen so he could sleep or relieve himself.

If you blow up the image, you can read some of the writing. It looked mainly like mindless ramblings from a guy who hadn't eaten for a long time.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

wrong. he did all those things....
After he set down the lady, he flew into an approx. 5 meter square plexiglas box which his assistants then put a lid on, after which he did somersaults, floated etc. and then when the lid was lifted he flew back out.
Re: bridge for sale, by stynxhigh priest.......fq.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I have seen him fly outdoors as well. but of course I am just an easily fooled nitwit, I guess.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
For those who fail to read, like herman, he does the toe float, then they show edited footage when he is using cable/cord/whatever.
james the lesser.
All I can say in response to such boldfaced self-assured proclamations is
bovine feces.

You will never see him live and be able to see him levitate while standing in front of you. You will never see the front of both his feet if he performed live for you.

Not that I care in the least if you believe me or not, but when you DO see this stuff live, like I have, you might be a little less confident. If you are so sure you know how he does it, why don't you start touring and raking in the millions?
Cuz you are talking through your hat, and there is no foundation for your proclamation.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
omg....david blaine and the bloodlines now? he's a performer!! nothing more, nothing less. it's called an illusion for a reason. he used to blow my mind wondering he how he did things ,but then I saw some show where all his secrets were exposed. no biggie. he's just a performer...not a conspiracy, not some bloodline thing, no metaphysical manifestations....it's just an act.

now...if you REALLY wanna see some awesome illusions...u need to check out Criss Angel. that boy is bada$$! www.crissangel.com
in fact, on his site he does 'internet illusions'. you look at him flip the cards and he tells you to focus on one card that you see as he flips through...then...he shows you the card ur thinking about *through the internet!* the first time i was blown away and mystified how he could do it, but then u can do it AGAIN. and again, you get blown away cos he tells you the card you're thinking of. and if tha'ts not enough, you can do it a THIRD time and again....it's simply amazing and i was left speechless. obviously they do something to have you focus on one card that trips off the human mind in the illusion. pretty freaky, but incrediably amazing!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ya, I heard that scientificly it could be magnetic waves under him. You know negetive on bottom and negative on top, two oppositions of the same origeon will want to say away from eachother, kind of like your brother.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Some people think that he's Jesus (Wait till they find out)

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

Not that I care in the least if you believe me or not, but when you DO see this stuff live, like I have, you might be a little less confident. If you are so sure you know how he does it, why don't you start touring and raking in the millions?
Cuz you are talking through your hat, and there is no foundation for your proclamation.

Sorry I was wrong. He takes anti-gravity pills. I did an extensive search and also had a Silvier Broun (Not Silvia Brown) channel for me to find out this information.
I have contacted a chemist from the old country and he says that he will have a batch of these pills ready by Tuesday. He will send them thru thought teleportation. I will be happy to sell you a bottle just U@U me OK.

By the way I will also be touring soon per your request so please also get added to my notify list so I can inform you of the dates in your area.
Yes, local livestock auctions will also be used as venues.

Thank you Mr Alcavano. No no. Thank you Mr Alcavano.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join