It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evil blue screen error

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
ok i turned of windows xp cycling....

now comp had taken me to a blue screen forced me ot restart here is the error i got

stop 0x40000080 (0x82d2a718, 0x82a13b48, 0x80548d8c, 0x00000001)

puhleez help me, cause I have no clue.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
See if you can reboot in safe mode. Press F8 when the computer first starts up (a bunch of times) and then select safe mode. If you can get that then use the system restore wizard to restore the computer to it's previous state. Press F1 after you get to windows and search for system restore. Follow the instructions.

If you can't get it to boot insafe mode...Well looks like you may be in a real fix.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Some more info would be good, motherboard, memory and video card.
Have you installed any new hardware, software? could be a faulty driver?

A possible fix would be to use system file checker.
With your xp installation disc (not a restore disc) in your cd-rom drive go to
start >run and type : SFC /scannow
then hit enter and let windows reset your system files.

Stop Error

Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any screw ups, and if you use my advise it is of your own free will

[edit on 20/5/2005 by Sauron]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
stop 0x40000080 (0x82d2a718, 0x82a13b48, 0x80548d8c, 0x00000001)

Hrm. In Ninja that say: All your base are belong to us!

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hi Lysergic,

I recognize this issue from your previous thread, and if I remember correctly, you turned of XP cycling because it was randomly rebooting.

So the good news is that you did the right thing, and the stop error is the information needed to troubleshoot what was causing it to reboot. That stop error code tells you a lot of information. (see links below for more info)

windows.about.com...
www.ntbrad.com...
www.google.com...

Now for some bad news.
While it is true that I am not to shabby at this sort of thing, I am having a wee bit of trouble locating the exact meaning of this particular error code.

One thing you could do to help us search is to post just a little more info. You provided the error number, but just under the number is a little bit of text that helps identify the offending driver/hardware. In the below image, that text says bad_pool header. So if you could post what your error says, it may help us.

So anyway, there is more good news. To get rid of the bluescreen error for the moment, just set it back to cycling setting again, until you locate and eliminate the problem. Go ahead, I will wait.....

Now that you have put cycling back on, you can open the event viewer, and look for errors that occured just prior to the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). You can also search Microsofts knowledge base, and google for the stop error number. (I havent had any luck yet, but I did not have a lot of time to look).

I will also keep looking, and perhaps others here already have the answer!

To help us, follow Sauron first sentance.

Best of luck

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Now for some bad news.
While it is true that I am not to shabby at this sort of thing, I am having a wee bit of trouble locating the exact meaning of this particular error code.

I am having the same problem I can't find this particular error code,

Sort of
Troubleshooting Stop 0x0000007B or "0x4,0,0,0" Error

[edit on 20/5/2005 by Sauron]

new topics

top topics

join