It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the FDA? Doctors use patients as Guini Pigs.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that drs use their patients as Guini Pigs for new medications.
I recently read somewhere that a drug company will pay pay a dr 2000 to 3000 dollars for each patient that they start on a new medication.
I believe it is so.
What do you think?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
wouldn't surprise me,with all the side-effects in meds these days it looks like the fda is letting the drug companies skimp on the clinical trials just to get more stuff on the market.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Right and wrong -

Once the FDA approves a treatment for human trials, after all the basic animal models show promise, the docs are solicited by the companies for human testing. Patients are fully briefed on this up front and the docs are compensated by the drug companies because there is a ton of paperwork to track the efficacy of the treatment. Once the human trials are done and show good results, then a treatment would be approved by the FDA for general consumption.

All of this takes years and costs millions and it is the docs afterall that actually see patients - drug companies and the FDA do not do this. Drugs are expensive because of this process....

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
"Patients are fully briefed on this up front and the docs are compensated by the drug companies because there is a ton of paperwork to track the efficacy of the treatment."

------------------

unless of course, the patient is a foster kid enrolled in the reasearch for aids drugs....then well, they don't need to explain anything, and actually cut them open and insert feeding tubes if they begin fight taking the drugs.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

unless of course, the patient is a foster kid enrolled in the research for aids drugs....then well, they don't need to explain anything, and actually cut them open and insert feeding tubes if they begin fight taking the drugs.

Um you sure about this and have proof?? The "kid" cannot authorize any such treatment, the foster parent has to and guess what, they are treated by regular docs in regular offices and hospitals. Also, if there is evidence and records, the kid could sue when they are 18....

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well, my dr has given me several drugs , one which I found out later causes heart attacks.
I went from 170 pounds to 200 pounds within 3 months from water retention because of taking this drug and I felt like I was dying and stopped the medication myself.
I WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT ANY SIDE AFFECTS THAT I MAY HAVE BEFORE HE GAVE ME THIS DRUG.
WHEN I WENT INTO HIS OFFICE I TOLD HIM HOW SICK I WAS FROM THE MEDICINE HE HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME "WELL THAT DRUG CAN CAUSE HEART ATTACKS AND HEART FAILURE".
Nearly all of my hair fell out. I honestly believe that if I had not stopped this drug on my own I would not be here to type this messege.
THE DRS DO NOT TELL THE PATIENTS ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS BEFORE THEY GIVE A PATIENT A DRUG. AT LEAST MINE DIDN'T ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
THE DRS DO NOT TELL THE PATIENTS ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS BEFORE THEY GIVE A PATIENT A DRUG.

This is correct. Doctors hand out samples of drugs with no drug information in them, with no prescription. I've seen this happen dozens of times.
Back in college I got some weird virus on my skin, got that treated, then got another one, got that treated, then anothe one, got that treated, and got another one!!! I was like WTF?!?!
Then I started asking for the information that is supposed to come with these medecines, and sure enough, the diseases I was getting were side effects of the medications I was being given!!!!

How vile the doctors and drug companies are.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA

Originally posted by dawnstar

unless of course, the patient is a foster kid enrolled in the research for aids drugs....then well, they don't need to explain anything, and actually cut them open and insert feeding tubes if they begin fight taking the drugs.

Um you sure about this and have proof?? The "kid" cannot authorize any such treatment, the foster parent has to and guess what, they are treated by regular docs in regular offices and hospitals. Also, if there is evidence and records, the kid could sue when they are 18....

www.democracynow.org.../05/02/1348210

nypress.com...&columns/LiamScheff.cfm

abcnews.go.com...

there's a few investigations going on into this....

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose

I recently read somewhere that a drug company will pay pay a dr 2000 to 3000 dollars for each patient that they start on a new medication.
I believe it is so.
What do you think?

Does anyone have any hard proof of these types of agreements? I would certainly like to flat out confront some Drs. if I have any hard evidence.

new topics

top topics

join