It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Politician Launches 'Rent-a-Crowd' Company in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A former politician in India is launching a new company that will offer cheering crowds to other politicians for use in political rallies. The company has already been inundated with job applicants willing to be paid for attending rallies and cheering politicians. One applicant offered to "participate in any mode of agitation including violent ones -- if he got a bottle of liquor and chicken curry every day."

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
NEW DELHI: A former politician in southern India has launched a "rent-a-crowd" company to recruit people to cheer at party rallies and said he has been deluged by would-be recruits.

"When all political parties and organisations are doing it discreetly, why can't we do it professionally?" the Hindustan Times newspaper quoted the company's founder, Devarajan, who goes by one name, as saying.

Indian political parties are known for paying people to show up for rallies, often transporting them in fleets of buses, but usually the recruitment is carried out by the parties.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think things like this go on everywhere, but this is the first time I've seen it publicly commercialized. I hope this doesn't spread to violent protests as offered by that one applicant.

Related News Links:
sify.com

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What's the big deal? Bush&Co have admitted to hiring people to cheer/ask questions. Remember Gurket? The gay prostitute the GOP used to suck up to Bush/ask easy questions to take up time in timed press conferences.

Or the fake town halls where actors were paid to worship Bush on tv.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
All polititians have supporters, some are paid others are like rock star groupies.

I think India is on a capitalist track when you start to hear about companies called rent a crowd. I

n the States if you want a crowd just announce that there are 10 kegs at a certain address and you have a crowd.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Next up:

"Rent your voters"

Rent voters in batches of 100, 1000, 10000 to 1,000,000!!

Guarenteed Election results, only 1$ per person.

top topics

join