It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific cause or military weapon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Anyone here live in Washington state? If so, has anyone living in Washington noticed that the weather has been completely random as of late?! It's uncanny because I've never seen weather like this (or perhaps I just don't recall it).

Let me just explain a bit of what I'm talking about for those that are still lost. Lately, the weather has been going insane in my area (not sure about others). Throughout the day, I have experienced sunshine, cloudy skies, light rain, heavy rain, hail, and thunder/lightning. It's completely unpredictable as well! It can be completely sunny with no sign of rain clouds, and half an hour later it will be hailing hard with thunder crashing down.

Now I've got a couple questions concerning the matter:

1) Is anyone else experiencing this? Do you live in Washington state? I live around the Kent/Seattle area and this has been happening for probably the entire week now.

2) Is there a scientific explanation for what's going on? Does anyone think the government is experimenting with weather-changing weapons?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I live a little south of Olympia, and I've noticed it too. One of the reasons I wanted to move here was because the weather was supposed to be pretty much a constant drizzle with a sun break now and then. I used to live in El Paso, TX, and the weather around there was similarly schizophrenic: the day would start out absolutely beautiful, within hours there would be a massive wind storm, then a monsoon, and end with half the town watching a damned pretty sunset and the other half under a drizzling thunderstorm.

As far as scientific explanations go, I don't know enough about weather systems and climate changes to be able to give even an uneducated opinion. But I do know that White Sands is right up the street from El Paso, and there are a smattering of other military bases in the area. As far as I know, there's only Ft. Lewis and the naval yard in Bremerton up here. I haven't lived here for very long, so if I'm wrong please let me know. I don't think either of those are big on advanced research, but who knows? It is interesting; never thought about it much myself...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've lived in Washington for over 15 years and I can assure you that the weather does not normally behave this way - especially during spring.

apc

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It's El Niño!

I dunno you're probably just experiencing the result of our shifting climatic patterns and whatnot. Perfectly normal, considering the circumstances. Im still waiting for more superstorms! Last year sucked! This year has also sucked so far! ARG. If I dont get tornados to chase this year Im just gonna start killing people at random. Send that crappy weather our way!!

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The weather you describe is very similar to what I have been experiencing in Oregon. The weather is very random this year...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I live in northern California (Yeah, OK, Collie-phone-Ya). And have all my life. We of course get earthquakes (what? never heard of earthquake season?) And fire season and flood season. But, yes, the weather has been extremely weird here, too.

We've started getting tornados!

Now, as I said, I've lived hear all my life and although we've had high winds before, I do not remember tornados being a part of my youth experience! It seems that within the last 5-10 years they've been getting more frequent.

I initially blamed all the Mid-westerners for bringing the twisters with them. Or perhaps the increased heat-load caused by ever sprawling concrete islands (cities) is disturbing the air currents in our valley.

I'm expecting a plague of locusts anytime now!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find that pillar of salt I passed earlier today....Marguaritas!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I live in Southern California and I have been seeing more tornadoes too. I went tornado chasing with my brother during a large storm and a tornado almost landed on our car!

We got in the center of the funnelcloud, there wasnt any rain in the center and there was an eerie silence. Then we noticed what was going on, so we drove off fast. the tornado landed in back of us, but it wasnt strong.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm really interested to hear what others around the world are experiencing first hand with weather?

Troy

J_3

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I am from\in southern California and we are experiencing some strange weather as well. Tommorow is expected to be over 100 in my area which is approaching if not breaking the record for this time.

It has been very inconsistent too though, cold cloudy and stormy, then hot as hell the next day, and so on.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hmm...it seems the entire west coast is experiencing this phenomena. I'd like to hear some input from people living in the east coast of the US and other countries.

Very strange indeed.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Not all that crazy here in Virginia (Southwestern part that is). Seems like there may have been a small area of extreme rain the other day, but it did rain in the surrounding areas as well.

Troy

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I live near Seattle, yes I ahve noticed how the weather is being weird, whats even weirder is how many tornados have formed in the last two years in our state, and recently that large funnel cloud that started to form.

J_3

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just to add a little bit. Over here in Southern Cali while watching news there were atleast 4 cities with record highs yesterday. Some even reaching 112degrees. It's pretty wild.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I Live in New York and the Weather has been very strange not that it changes quickly like you have said but it is towards the end of May and we are yet to have more than one day over 80 degrees. Thats Mountain region weather it's very weird for Southern New York.

This Sounds alot like that movie the Core lets hope its not something like an earthquake machine stopping our core from spinning

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Wouldn't you be cooked at 120? 112 is damn hot. It's not even summer yet. You say it's cold one day, then it's hot the next? Like mixed seasons temperatures?

Looks like record lows in some areas and record highs in other areas. Wouldn't that set us up for more of a chance of severe weather?

Troy

[edit on 24-5-2005 by cybertroy]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I live in Aus and i find our summers are very similar to the explanation of the weather at El Paso (except the rain, we've been in a drought for a few years)...

The days will be hot (45 degress celcuis) and then a huge thunderstorm will blow in, or hail, or if we're lucky rain, then sun again... or all of them on some whacky days... apparantly this is due to the hot air from the ground heating up during the day... i dont know the science behind it but its pretty much normal around here...

As for washington state... well i got no answers to that one

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well, Im here in Missouri where usualy if you dont like the weather wait a couple of hours it will change. NOT THIS YEAR!!! Last summer we had normal weather for Washington maybe but not for here. It never stopped raining, and only reached 90 a handfull of times. ( typically it gets in the 90's and stays there around the middle of July and usually in August we have about a good week or two in the 100's) This winter, we had spring thunderstorms, and flooding in Dec, and Jan. Now, it is May, and it is supposed to be rainy and 70-80. They say, 83 and it gets to 93. They have no clue what is going on, and have even said as much. We are bone dry, with no rain expected. they say there is a chance tomorow, but dont count on it. We are not supposed to have this kind of weather until late July. Also, about our tornados, there have only been a handfull. Not that Im complaining, but by now I believe we usualy have over a hundred. If this keeps up like they say it is going to, we are going to have a record low tornado season, and we are going to have nothing but sand to look at.

I doubt that it is military related. I do wonder if our elevation has changed or our position on the globe. As nutty as that sounds, Im quite serious.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Bone dry can't help your crops that is for sure. Luckily since I've moved back from California, we haven't been troubled too much with drought in my area of Virginia.

It's sort of off topic, but does anyone else notice birds chirping at night? Dad has noticed this. Is this normal? I think for him to note it, it seems like it could be odd. I thought bird chirping was reserved for the day time?

Troy

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey...I thought it was just me. The weather is very strange this year, it feels like 55 degrees in May! Hm...

[edit on 5/25/2005 by Lifeadventurer]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
lol, here is south jersey it is weird too, one day its 100 degrees and the next day it is 25 degrees and we have snow in april!!! the weather is so weird now ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join