It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Embryo Cloned For the FIrst Time In UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
AFP Story Here

Well, it was only a matter of time. They finally did it. Also, in related news,
South Korean Scientists developed patient-specific stem cells. That story is here

Apparently Bush is pissed.

So what now? Is this the sign of the coming end times? Does Bush really think that this work should be exclusive to the greys? Or is this really a massive step forward for humankind?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Bleh, Bush is a hypocrite.

While I can see his viewpoint that he doesn't want humans taking on the role of God by being able to create life, I'd have to argue with his logic. If humans shouldn't be able to create life, they shouldn't be allowed to take life either. Thou shalt not murder. Bush has - to make it worse- INTENTIONALLY waged two wars in which thousands of human lives have been taken. His fraudulent expressions of sympathy won't cut it either.

So now if humans are taking lives, why shouldn't they be able to create it?

Now that I'm done showing Bush's irrational logic, I'd like to say that I don't support any of them. I don't believe humans have the right to create or end lives. Two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hmm..it was really only a matter of time.

And time, yet again, shall show us if this shall indeed lead us to many problems in the future.

Think about identity theft, if multiple copies of people exist..

-wD

apc

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Uhm I know a lot of humans that have created life.
Lots and lots of humans.
What's the difference if it happens in a uterus or a test tube?
We've done the latter plenty of times... artificial insemination.
The only difference here is that that noone's gettin jiggy to make babies.
Will clones be perfect clones? Well no of course not. Genes play an important role in our growth and development, but there are countless other factors. Randomness comes into play as well. A clone may look identical to the original (after it grows up) but it is not. It is an entirely unique individual, just like the rest of us.
If you believe in a 'soul' or its equivalent, well then yes I would have to say that by definition a clone would have one.. if it had a brain. What I mean by that is we should engineer clones to be headless. Just sacks of organs waiting to be donated when the original's fail.
So when do I get my Mini-Me?

pao

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
wow... i wonder if soon enough we will be seeing fully developed human clones

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I thought that embryos had been cloned before, just not implanted, or is this the first time it was done in britain?

top topics

join