It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine soldiers of the near future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
www.gamespot.com...

just clik on the first official trailer 1 to see how the soldiers fight in 2013 in a major city. you can right clik to go to full screen. if there is advertisement just wait for like 30 secs, i cant skip on it.

yeah i know its just a game but this movie can help people who dont have an imagination or are just lazy to dream or imagine to see how future warfare will look like in couple of years. the soldiers with the equipment (xm 8 rifle and xm 29 rifle, body armor, helmet etc.) that we have been discussing about and wat each equipment does helps us see how the the war will be fought.

[edit on 20-5-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the thing, but I saw this before.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Actually, not that impressive lol...

PS3 > Xbox 360

-wD

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
From 2005 to 2007 (near future) 12000 german soldiers will be equiped with the "Infantrist der Zukunft"-System, later the rest of german armed forces will be equipped with it, the system is modular btw. it will get also other stuff later...

- new BDU's (overall with integrated ABC-protection)

- modular carrying-system with PALS and camelbag

- modular ballistic-vest (basic-version has protection-class 1, can be upgraded via ceramic-inserts to class 4; class-4-vest only weighs 19lb)

- anti-frag-goggles with integrated UV-, dust- and laserprotection

- new communication-media (integrated into vest): new radios on group-basis (range 700mtrs in bulit-up-areas/4.000 mtrs in open field) for every soldier, new GPS for every soldier, PDA for every soldier

- new binoculars for every soldier (with integrated laser-rangefinder and digital magnet-compass) with bluetooth-interface for the PDA's

- new 4th-generation NVG which enable the soldier to read texts (range 15cm up to 250mtrs), night-vision-adapters for the G36K's, laser-light-modules, surefires, thermal imaging/targeting-devices (2 per group)

- weapons: G36k's and MP7 PDW, 3 AG36 per group; there will be cal .50 barretts available for each group; as soon as the new HK MG43 will be issued, it will be the groups SAW; MG42(3| 7.62mm) will remain

www.deutschesheer.de...

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Wodan]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The UK's future combat system is called FIST (Future Integrated Soldier Technology)

FIST (Future Integrated Soldier Technology) is a tri-service project initiated by the UK Ministry of Defense, which will provide the British Armed Forces with an integrated fighting system for dismounted, close combat troops. Initial suits will be available for operational testing by 2007. Under the UK 2 billion pounds program Thales UK will equip 29,000 troops with initial operational capability planned for 2009.

FIST is a modular, integrated, and fully upgradable fighting system which will further integrate with the future FRES combat systems concept of the British army. The system will mesh each soldier into the digitized battlefield as a "weapons system" in his own right, each man-platform contributing to the larger, network enabled environment where each soldier platform becomes a key component within the network centric battlefield system.

As I said in the other thread the future combat systems are designed to be modular, intergrated and upgradable systems

www.army-technology.com...
www.defense-update.com...

British Future Soldier:

German Future Soldier:

Thread of interest:

armies modernization programs

[edit on 23-5-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

errm... not exactly...

it was thoughtl ike that for some time..

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Wodan]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
here are some other stuff we can see for future soldiers, some are old, others updated.

www.specwargear.com...

www.defense.gov...

www.gizmodo.com...

www.defenselink.mil...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My thread is about soldiers in the less distant future:
Atomix's totally cool thread!
Are there any upgrades planned for the U.S. Army?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Are there any upgrades planned for the U.S. Army?

Well from the website that i got the UK future soldier pictures from I found this

The US Land Warrior is an integrated fighting system for individual infantry soldiers which gives the soldier enhanced tactical awareness, lethality and survivability. The systems integrated into Land Warrior are the weapon system, helmet, computer, digital and voice communications, positional and navigation system, protective clothing and individual equipment. The Land Warrior system will be deployed by infantry, and combat support soldiers, including rangers, airborne, air assault, light and mechanized infantry soldiers.

So basically all nations are following similar lines of soldier technology giving them more awareness of the battlefield, better communication, and general improved chance of survival.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
great find wizard, hope you can find and post up pics of a real Brit soldier in prototypes.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
great find wizard, hope you can find and post up pics of a real Brit soldier in prototypes.

here's a couple of pictures from here

and

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

here's a couple of pictures from here

and

is the second picture a new helmet?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

is the second picture a new helmet?

nope, it a view screen for the computer or nightvision (i forget which)

The british systems seem to be more of add on rather than a complete new system that America is designing.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I found this article, its really good. It deals with both the 2010 future warrior and the 2020 future warrior.

Future Warrior

Atomix

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
I found this article, its really good. It deals with both the 2010 future warrior and the 2020 future warrior.

Future Warrior

Atomix

yep, as you can see the uniform is just like the one in the ghost recon 3 video trailer. you are seeing the future of how soldiers look and do in the near future.

new topics

join