It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadam's pic in his underwear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This morning my husband wake me up at 6 am eastern time to tell me that it was pictures of Saddam in his underwear in the front Page of a British magazine.

Now has anybody has any information of this............later on I did get some more news about it but only that the government was very upset and checking into the matter of how the pictures got out and into the hands of the magazine editors.

Now taking in consideration our American image of scandals...........how badly this news and pictures are going to put our Country in the eyes of the rest of the world?

Now the Geneva convention has been disregarded one more time when it comes of the way US handle prisoners in Iraq.

Including the Infamous Saddam.

I found the news funny but it not doubt will enrage an already enraged middle east people.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Heres the photo...all i know is that he is even observed while sitting on the toilet to prevent any try of him to commit suicide.

The origin of the photos is unknown so far and is already under investigation.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
No doubt!

I was having my morning coffee when I saw the pic on ABC's Good Morning America. I bout spit it out.

That's the last thing in the world I needed to see at that hour!!!

In all seriousness, though, why in the world did someone have to go and do that? It's just plain messed up.

Who thinks its photoshop?

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow, In wasn't expecting to see that today.

No one deserves to be in thier undies on the front page of a newspaper though.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat
No one deserves to be in thier undies on the front page of a newspaper though.

And no one deserves to SEE him in his skivvies, either!!!

Amending statement: Except maybe the pervs that started this whole thing and carry out their illegal orders/actions.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I dont think its photoshopped...i suspect it was some guard dude who took a few snapshots hopping for some money he can make with them.Im sure the Sun payed pretty well for them.

Personally i think its just plain wrong...especially when its done by people and nations who think they are "above" other countries and pretend to be democratic and freedom loving.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hangover
Personally i think its just plain wrong...especially when its done by people and nations who think they are "above" other countries and pretend to be democratic and freedom loving.

Oh the hyprocrisy...
It's never ending.

Can you just imagine the gnashing of teeth and "righteous indignation" from the reich, oops.. I mean right-wing if it were Cheney in his skivvies.. double oops!
I mean Bush?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
U.S. Condemns Tabloid's Use Of Photos Of Saddam In Underwear

The U.S. military on Friday condemned a British newspaper's decision to print photographs of a captive Saddam Hussein, including one showing him in his underwear.

Heres a few statements:

"This is an insult to show the former president in such a condition. Saddam is from the past now, so what is the reason for this? It is bad work from the media. Do they want to degrade the Iraqi people? Or they want to provoke their feelings," said Abu Barick, a 45-year-old Baghdad businessman.

"Saddam Hussein and his regime were bloody and practiced mass killing against the people, therefore, whatever happens to Saddam, whether he is photographed naked or washing his clothes, it means nothing to me. That's the least he deserves," said Hawre Saliee, a 38-year-old Kurd.

And also this:

Pictures and video images of Saddam being examined by a medic after his arrest were widely criticized - even by the Vatican. A top Vatican cardinal said at the time that American forces treated the captured Iraqi leader "like a cow."

source:
WNBC

WATCH OUT FOR THIS STORY:

Saddam's wife could not recognize her husband

Last week, American authorities arranged a meeting of the former Iraqi dictator with his wife.

The outcome of their meeting turned out to be quite scandalous. Sajina claims that the person she encountered was not her husband, but his double. If someone were to say for sure that it was not insinuation, it would have been easy to believe the wife with a 25-year experience. It is also possible to assume that Saddam has simply changed since the day of his sons' deaths, June 24 2003. This however is highly unlikely. In case we believe Hussein"s wife, all DNA testing of the ex-Iraqi leader should be considered a mere fake. Overall, today there remain more questions then there are answers.

source:
Pravda

ENJOY!

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This was a British Pic, in a British Paper, taken by a British photographer. It was nothing to do with the US, other than he was in US custody. I'm sure no one told him to take his pants off outside, it may just be part of his morning or evening ritual.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
This was a British Pic, in a British Paper, taken by a British photographer. It was nothing to do with the US, other than he was in US custody.

If he was in US custody, why are you so sure it wasn't an American who photographed it? If it wasn't, weren't Americans present during the photography? I thought Saddam was watched at all times?

I'm sure no one told him to take his pants off outside, it may just be part of his morning or evening ritual.

Why are you sure he was not told to take off his pants?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thanks hangover for the pick.

I wonder if other people in charge of the care of Sadam in jail beside pictures of him in various activities may also have videos of him doing his daily rituals and if those will be also for sale.

I wonder if people that do this type of things have brains at all, or they are just so arrogant as to no even care of how much damage this type of propaganda is going to do to our country image.

We Americans should be enrage that a fellow country man will do things like this in a middle of a conflict to make a buck.

Sad very sad.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Not to be out done by G Dubya.....

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I agree with you 100%...this just looks bad. At least Bush has been quick to respond...as if he has a choice.

Bush Pledges Probe into Saddam Prison Pictures

"A U.S. military statement said the pictures might be a year old. They contravened Saddam's rights as a prisoner and could have broken the Geneva Convention, the military statement said...The newspaper said the pictures were taken at a top secret location where Saddam was being held in a 12 by 9 foot (3.6 by 2.7 meter) cell, watched 24 hours a day on closed circuit television by special forces and military police." (from article above)

The pictures are still under investigation...but for whoever said that those pics were taken by a British photographer...that's highly unlikely. I doubt the press (if that's what you were implying) is allowed anywhere near Saddam nor anyone who can freely take his picture. I'm really curious how something like this could have happened...and how these pics ended up in the hands of some seedy British tabloid.

U.S. Investigates Tabloid's Saddam Photos

"The International Committee for the Red Cross, which is responsible for monitoring prisoners of war and detainees, said the photographs violated Saddam’s right to privacy."(MSNBC)

“Taking and using photographs of him is clearly forbidden,” ICRC Middle East spokeswoman Dorothea Krimitsas said. U.S. forces are obliged to “preserve the privacy of the detainee.” (MSNBC)

I wonder how the Iraqi's are reacting...I'm sure they are just doubled over in laughter.

[edit on 5/20/2005 by Lecky]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I see London. I see France. I see Saddam's underpants!..

On a more serious matter. This does nothing but offer sympathy for the Tyranical Dictator who was illegally invaded based on fabricated intel.

He's a tighty-whitey man by the way..

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Syntaxer, I have often found you hilarious, mate.

He's a tighty-whitey man by the way...

That was too much.

How about this one:
"Swing low Sweet Chariot...."

Sing it now....*jigs side to side*

seekerof

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

"Saddam is not superman or God, he is just an aging and humble old man," The Sun quoted the military source as saying.

"It's important that the people of Iraq see him like that to destroy the myth. Maybe that will kill a bit of the passion in the fanatics who still follow him.

"It's over, guys. The evil days of Saddam's Baath Party are never coming back - and here's the proof," the source said.
(the one who provided it)

news.yahoo.com...

In northern Kirkuk, Marwan Ibrahim, a 31-year-old civil servant, said the pictures were a "humiliation for a man who in the near past was the leader of Iraq and a top Arab leader in the region."

Others, however, were not so kind.

"Saddam Hussein and his regime were bloody and practiced mass killing against the people, therefore, whatever happens to Saddam, whether he is photographed naked or washing his clothes, it means nothing to me. That's the least he deserves," said Hawre Saliee, a 38-year-old Kurd.

it seems to me not everyone is outrage about it.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Already a thread here.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

as posted by EastCoastKid
Who thinks its photoshop?

I do. I do. Look! See?

seekerof

new topics