It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can God really be all-powerful?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Thanks Tamahu. That stuff is facinating.
Works in well with the big bang and fractel theory
[distruction causes creation and vice verser].

[edit on 23-5-2005 by riley]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s

Originally posted by riley
Where could he operate it from?

you beat me to it riley!

Let me make sure I understand teh terms defined in your analogy.

Computer program= The whole universe
Computer program code= The laws of physics and math

Now since God is operating "outside" of this program(this huge huge universe that is EVERYTHING..) and is "bigger" than this program...where's he at?

You understand me so well.

Also, if you ever done programming you'll know that its very hard to change something that "redefines" the rules. You have to pretty much go thru every peice of code to make sure everything is consistent. So if god decided to change 1+1=3 I think we'd KNOW.

True- if 1+1+3.. 3+3= 4
that would have all sorts of ramifications when god tries to count up to eternity.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
Now since God is operating "outside" of this program(this huge huge universe that is EVERYTHING..) and is "bigger" than this program...where's he at?

Katun A Mayan term which refers to epochs or periods of time, and also to regions or Heavens. The Thirteen Katuns are..

"..thirteen periods of time for each human race. Obviously, the prophecies for each one of the past Katuns of our Aryan Root Race were exactly fulfilled. Presently, we are approaching the Thirteenth Katun. The Mayas say that between the years 2040 and 2043, the Thirteenth Katun will enter into activity. The great catastrophe that will destroy this present humanity, which lives on the five continents of the world, will occur during the Thirteenth Katun...

"Ain, Ain Soph, Ain Soph Aur.

"Kether, Chokmah, Binah, Chesed, Geburah, Tiphereth, Netzach, Hod, Yesod, Malkuth.

"These are the thirteen Aeons or supra-sensible atomic Regions, which are mutually penetrating and co-penetrating without confusion. The Unmanifested Absolute is beyond these thirteen Aeons." - from The Pistis Sophia Unveiled

We have to think about the various levels of existence, as layered dimensions if you will.

Linear left-hemisphere thinking(which is more common to Westerners) just doesn't cut it.

The Origin of Creation is everywhere and 'nowhere'.

To quote from that Kabbalah course again:

...The Absolute, the Ain Soph, is that which is. It has no center or circumference. We have to use our intuition in order to comprehend it...

...Adi Buddha is the name for it in Sanskrit. The Adi Buddha does not exist, the Adi Buddha IS.

Ain Soph has no beginning and no end.

Everything from it has a beginning and an end.

Ain Soph Aur = Ray of Okidanokh

The first Creation in the same Absolute. Also perfect, but not abstract.

The Ain Soph Aur is a Circle of Light, with its center everywhere, and circumference nowhere (use intuition!)...

That's why it is taught that we have to Meditate in order to comprehend these things.

Our minds can only compare and complicate things.

When the mind is shut off, then the simplicity of that which just IS can be "known".

This is said to be the true essence of Gnosis.

About Meditation:

TEHUTI (Chokmah)

TREE OF LIFE MEDITATION SYSTEM (TOLM), Pg. 119

Avoiding and resolving conflicts is one of the chief functions of Tehuti, the faculty of wisdom. It is the total antithesis of the intellect. While the latter derives its information from Man's worldly experiences, the wisdom faculty gets its knowledge from God dwelling in Man's spirit. In other words, for wisdom to manifest itself, we must shut down our intellectual and imaginative thought processes, in order to receive the intuition from God, dwelling within. In this state where there are no thoughts, consciousness enters into the same state of Hetep (Nirvana) as described by the ogdoad. There are, therefore, no thoughts as in the syllogistic logical process that we can follow. All that can be given are instructions leading to the shutting down of the thought processes making the mind blank, Satori which is the requirement for the functioning of the wisdom faculty. Since this faculty is not really of Man, but belongs to God dwelling in one's spirit, the procedure can be explained as the stilling of the thought processes of the intellect and the imagination, in order to receive instructions from God. It is of interest to note that the 'Hu' in Tehuti is the mantra (word of power) of the wisdom goddess Chinnamasta of Black India (Indus Kush), and of the Guru (wisdom) chakra. It operates by suppressing the formation of thought processes by cutting the mind off from the senses. This ties in with Kamitic spiritual science. 'Hu' is metaphorized as Ptah's tongue which utters the word of power that initiates the process of creation. It is also the 'deity' of the senses, in which capacity it plays the same role as the mantra Hu(ng) of the Guru chakra. In other words, to shut the mind down, it must be cut off from its ports (the senses) to the outside world. This is of course, a brief account of the process. The most important point to understand is that ultimately, the most important part of the deity's name is 'Hu,' understood not as a word with meaning, but as the word of power which leads to the manifestation of wisdom in the initiate.

© Ra Un Nefer Amen

Tehuti is also known as Hermes, and now we know why he is the "Messenger of the Gods".

Hotep

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Who do we know that does not keep his word? Satan.

Satan lies; whereas Jehovah maims, destroys, kills - hell, flat out murders - and advocates slavery.

Who's the real bad guy?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
In other words, can God be God if He sins?

Would you want a God that sins? God WILL not break a promise. That might be a better way of saying it.

However, if you're looking for simple paradoxes along those lines, how about the ol' stanby from seminary school; can God create a boulder that even He cannot lift?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
hmhmmm... simplistic but interesting.

Suppose God is all-powerful.
Then God can create a rock he cannot lift.
God cannot lift the rock.
Thus, God is not all-powerful.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Perhaps some of you should read Gods equation. The possibility of math structures beyone what we know are out there. Defining Pi by Diameter and other issues.

Computer programming is logic. Gates. They deal with on and off. On and off in computer logic defines a condition, not a quantity. which means that
Binary condition 1 plus Binary condition one, equals on. Multiple on offs give us quantities for things we need to know, thats why we have equations. But the operation of computers is bases on on and off. Much like life. In any case, all programming at cpu level is binary. Voltage on, voltage off.
Using programming as an example for math is translated by 2 definitions, not quantities. Its down to on or off, which equates to condition. And, computer programming is conditionals based on greater, lesser, and or equal. What we plug into that is quantity. Im sure we could go further, but Im talking base level.

So...in thinking about God being all powerfull, your life can either be On, or Off. The mere fact that you are alive, means something, someone, somewhere decided that despite the labor and work of being on, its still better then being off. Life, despite, work, is better then not life.

For those of you that think there isnt a God, and believe we evolved, then theres another arguement. If we evolved totally. And there was no God, for us to create a God when there wasnt, probably means there is a God.
For me its not a question. But man thinks that his peanut inquest into knowledge is challenging to the Almighty is a joke at best. And in the Bible,
its stated as just that...Mans Folley. UNiversal truth, is universal truth.

So in asking whether God is all powerfull, ask yourself, would you be able to interpret what all powerfull is?Just what is all powerfull? There isnt a single person in this forum that could discredit all powerfull for they would have to have the knowledge to validate if indeed he was? Weve already shown that time is different in space in different applications. So considering that time is an increment in quantity, then is quantity really quantity? Think about it. Time is path.

Could you imagine tis? Here God, heres a few calculus equations, can you work these? Oops, you were wrong here on line 13....Guess your not god....Ok. One more try. Make the moon rotate. Oops, can do it you say?

Gods replies, Actually, I was right on line 13. Your math system is obsolete.
Remember that tree of knowledge I told you not to eat from? Looks like your eating plenty. And about the moon, well, it rotates on the inside molten core, and not on the skin. Anything else?

Do you beleive Im God yet? Reply...Nope....Well, the ship leaves in 5 minutes. Its parked behind the moon.

Faith, not Challenge.
Love, not Oppression.
Truth, not lies.
Beauty is all that God has made....

Peace

[edit on 26-5-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Gods math was
0 + Word = Creation ov everything there is
206 - 1 = 412 Creation of Eve

We have it all in front of us as the final proof.

Some will not learn this until the second resurrection. Sad

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Personal attacks are not allowed

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Amuk]

Amuk, you should know that these personal attacks are necessary. You know, and have stated to me that you know what these people are. In private messages...which I will gladly post for all to see, you have told me what you feel. You have agreed with me. Yet you are afraid to speak aloud for yourself. So you punish those who are not. Such bravery! You deserve a medal for your tight grip on the rules.

[edit on 5/26/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
In other words, can God be God if He sins?

Would you want a God that sins? God WILL not break a promise. That might be a better way of saying it.

However, if you're looking for simple paradoxes along those lines, how about the ol' stanby from seminary school; can God create a boulder that even He cannot lift?

Theoretically what if God created a stone that God could not lift (all powerful), yet moved the surface “under” the stone making the stone give off the appearance the stone was lifted?

In theory the stone can not be lifted and/or moved by God however this stone floating in mid air can only be assumed as being lifted not requiring lifting.

God says he can not lift the stone (fact) when in actuality the stone is visibly lifted (fact) by God.

"All Powerful" is still intact based on the fact the human mind is bound by limits; seeing is believing etc. This would mandate questioning God’s power, even more deeply which would only go further into blasphemy.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Bones in the human body.

Adams bones, - 1 rib, = Eve.

I didnt see that as cause for insults.

How is it that you have so much hate, and cannot stay away from the thing you hate most?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Bones in the human body.

Adams bones, - 1 rib, = Eve.

I didnt see that as cause for insults.

How is it that you have so much hate, and cannot stay away from the thing you hate most?

Oh, you have hate too. My passion is enlightenment. When there are still bozo's out there like you who logically deduce a mathematical forumla as stated above....it is my duty to stay here.

[edit on 5/26/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Amuk, you should know that these personal attacks are necessary. You know, and have stated to me that you know what these people are. In private messages...which I will gladly post for all to see, you have told me what you feel. You have agreed with me. Yet you are afraid to speak aloud for yourself. So you punish those who are not. Such bravery! You deserve a medal for your tight grip on the rules.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
The mere fact that you are alive, means something, someone, somewhere decided that despite the labor and work of being on, its still better then being off.

Yea like my heartbeat?

For those of you that think there isnt a God, and believe we evolved, then theres another arguement. If we evolved totally. And there was no God, for us to create a God when there wasnt, probably means there is a God.

So if all kids talk about boogey monsters under the bed...They HAVE to exist right? I guess the human trait of fanstasizing doesnt right a bell?

For me its not a question. But man thinks that his peanut inquest into knowledge is challenging to the Almighty is a joke at best.

So the laws of physics and math( human peanut inquest into knowedge) is just a joke.

So in asking whether God is all powerfull, ask yourself, would you be able to interpret what all powerfull is?Just what is all powerfull? There isnt a single person in this forum that could discredit all powerfull for they would have to have the knowledge to validate if indeed he was? Weve already shown that time is different in space in different applications. So considering that time is an increment in quantity, then is quantity really quantity? Think about it. Time is path.

We cant interpret infinity. We however can validate what we know to be true. Certain things happen in front of us everyday. We didnt just dream up laws in our sleep. We worked hard for them. Then someone comes along and says ...well...its all human arrogance. You dont necesarily have to have complete knowledge of something to discredit it. You only need one counterexample to prove a theory wrong. Thats how it works.
Why does God want us all to stay stupid? Isnt he arrogant to even think that?

Make the moon rotate. Oops, can do it you say?

You're calling me fat?

Remember that tree of knowledge I told you not to eat from? Looks like your eating plenty.

*Burp*

Do you beleive Im God yet? Reply...Nope....Well, the ship leaves in 5 minutes. Its parked behind the moon.

Bon voyage. Oh crap you're heading the wrong way...get your sun tan lotion on! QUICK!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser

Can God create a situation in which He would cease to be God?
The answer-NO!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Can God make a promise of salvation and then not keep it?
No.
Can he say it is free, and then not give it if someone asks?
No.

Dont you know he is waiting for YOU right now? Most who see this that do not believe will be trying to think of some wise crack answer....but if you took a few minutes to think first...
you might live forever

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by cheeser

Can God create a situation in which He would cease to be God?
The answer-NO!

well if god was 'all powerful' im sure this wouldnt be an expection

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Who knows, lets just ask him when we meet him.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Some of theses responses are Paradoxes.

Lets see. If God could create a rock he couldnt lift, I guess that would depend on which planet. Zero G plant. All rocks are liftable.

Im Joking of course. For what is it that indeeds yield all powerfull.
Its the universal truth. The intent of the truth, and the physics of the univers that obey the outcome. Since God is integrated into the Universe, his promise of Heaven and salvation seems to be a must.
It is technology, and deception, that man fails to see the truth.

When I talk about technology, I guess Im talking about theory versus axioms and known truths.

So putting that into perspective, since God created us from earth, then we are a universal negotiation, at least I think, between God and the elements of the universe, with God even being the creator of those.
But it seem theoretical in my mind, that God, in order to create may be bound by the truth. So what is truth. Is our Bible accurate? What about the 42 some off deleted books. What about the Mystery of Babylon, where God created multiple races and languages in an effort to stall man in his quest for being God like. There are allot of questions out there.

The Book of Enoch was suppopsed burned around 400 ad. Yet around two hundred years ago, the book reapears and speaks of Enochs account of Heaven and some of the odd things he saw there. Enoch was taken to Heaven without death. The only man.

Is it possible, that the universe requires a " Users Manual " of life like the Bible in order for God to be all powerfull? Just a thought.

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join