It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Machinery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The monumental task of moving huge stones, some estimated to be 70 tons, raises enough questions. Think it over in your mind, how, with ropes and rollers, and amounts this big, could these stones be pulled into place? And if that's not enough, you are pulling it up a pyramid. Try to picture it, even with tons of people, in my mind I get questions.

This is not a discredit to the Ancients. I have read a theory of hydrolics and water?

And still the question is, why? Why do I move stuff this big and precise, and beautifully adorn it? I was just then a hunter gatherer, apparently. If that's not enough to deal with, I suddenly want to built very large pyramids to bury people in (according to some)? And the rest of the world wants to build pyramids too?

I doesn't really matter who built them, but something suddenly spurred a lot of activity around the world to build pyramids. Seems like something substantial was going on at that time.

Troy

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I agree with Dr. Strange.......if you want to talk about ancient machines, then the ANTIKITHERA DEVICE id definately worth discussing. The remains of this device which is housed I believe in the Museum in London is one of the most amazing things you will ever lay eyes on and wonder for ancient people had enough knowledge to build basically the world's first computer.

Anyone can drag blocks into place, but to make a multi-geared calender/date keeper/star chart/moon chart/everything else it did is truelly an amazing feat.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I am hoping the hydrolics and water theory will one day be proven with advanced technologies of our own, until then to me it is a fact but i can not prove it because i am not a scientist.

The first computer/calender is amazing, i saw a documentory on it a while ago and i was gobsmacked. There is too much that doesn't add up!

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I guess the best thing to do is build a pyramid using some of the old proposed methods.

troy

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
I guess the best thing to do is build a pyramid using some of the old proposed methods.

troy

I'd be ecstatic if we could exactly duplicate the complexity, precision, and size of the great pyramid using every bit of technology and modern machinery we have. To do it using the 'copper knifeblade', wooden stakes, giant ramps, levers, and plumblines is in my view, just not on.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Lots of sweat and herneas for everyone involved.

Troy

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
In the southern district of new delhi is the famed iron pillar, genuinally believed to date from the fouth century ad, but said by some scholars to be over four thousand years old. it was built as a memorial to a king named chandra. it was built as a solid shaft of iron sixteen inches in diameter and twenty three feet high. what is most astounding about it is that it has never rusted even though it has been exposed to rain and wind for centuries. the pillar defies explanation not only for not having rusted, which can only be produced today in tiny quantities by electrolosis. the technique used to cast such a gigantic sollid iron pillar is also a mystery, as it would be difficult to construct another of this size even today. the pillar stands as mute testimony to the highly advanced scientific knowledge that was known in antiquity and not duplicated until recent timnes. yet there is still no satisfactory explanation to why the pillar has never rusted.
the monthly Motilal Banarsidass newsletter from new delhi reported that the state archaology department in sonebhadra, lucknow, india have unearthed iron artifacts dated between 1200-1300 bc.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
those spheres were found in a south african mine, they are very hard and cannot be scratched by hard steel. they are thought by uniformitarian geology, to come from a stratum that is termed Precambrian, a mineral deposit that is believed to be 2.8billion years old. it seems unlikely that such a gap could have occured in the history of metalurgy but it is more likely they are tens of thousands of years old. much of the dating is only conservative and it has been proven that such deposits can be formed in a matter of days rather than millions of years. they are old but not millions of years old.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
According to Graham Hancock, this sculpture was recovered by archeologists from the Olmec site of La Venta along the Gulf Coast of Mexico. It currently resides in Villahermosa.

The man in the serpent appears to be operating controls and wearing a helmet of some type.

Olmecs pre-dated the Aztecs and their legends speak of a man/diety Quetzalcoatl (paralleled in South America by Viracocha) as a bringer of civilization.

Quetzalcoatl/Viracocha is often said to have arrived on a "raft of serpents" or vessel with "sides that shone like a serpent's scales". He and his followers brought with them the sciences of agriculture, medicine and astronomy and arts of peace.

Quetzalcoatl/Viracocha traveled throughout the ancient Americas bringing civilization and knowledge to men, and then suddenly set sail back across the sea.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Jonathan Gray? Don't get me started with his credentials. But I don't want to type out a page of work so I'll forget about it (for now).

As for the the ancient machinery, it's hard for me to say. Something at the back of my mind says BS. But I always found it quite hard to figure out how the built such monuments on a grand scale back then. So mabey they did have some sort of technology.

My biggest theory on how they got such large rocks up to 200 tonnes was that they didn't move them at all. The cast moulds and poured a cement like mixture in it to form what ever shape they wanted (bricks, blocks, pillars, you name it). There is evidence existing that they did this to construct the pyramids at Giza, but it's been quite overlooked.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
non rusting iron um stainless steel no.. i think the non rusting iron pillar is just not true

but the rest of it just could be old bottle caps and people who lost there keys

I'm sorry to dissapoint you my friend. I have been there and seen it/touched it. In fact its a very popular tourist attraction in northern India.
It's approximiately 1500 years old and ancient mettalurgists used a block of chemically pure iron in its making.There are numerous other places in India where non rusting iron can be found. Ive seen non rusting iron on 16th century Maratha cannons as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Too bad we don't make more non-rusting cars in 2005.

Troy

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
if these civilisations were as advanced as some of this hearsay would suggest, then why did they get wiped out? sure, there could have been some natural disasters, droughts, famine, disease etc... yet with all these technologies you'd think they could protect themselves.

i think we can give credit to the egyptians for building pyromids, because im pretty sure if a construction company went out in to the desert to build one today, even with machinery i doubt they'd ever get it finished. they just used so many slaves that it was possible to pull those stones in to place. i don't think there's any lost knowledge here, or ancient advanced civilisations of which certain aspects we're yet to find out.

most of our technological advances have been in the last 100 to 200 years...i guess people were mostly lazy before this.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Nobody has produced a viable way to replicate the pyramid, even with the use of unlimited labour. The logistics, accuracy, and complexity of design are beyond our best minds......as far as I can determine anyway. The 200 ton granite block that is over 200 feet up inside it is one real nightmare, and the different sizes of tiers, and different widths of blocks is another logistical monster. The subtle design features, and perfect accuracy of placement and angles is also many times beyond modern day work, it is a mystery why they made it so precise, when to the naked eye it is invisible, and it makes the reproduction many, many times more difficult. It is almost like dropping the gauntlet. They made a statement. "There! Top That!", maybe as a means of proving their advanced level. It may have been known well in advance that an unstoppable celestial object was very likely to wipe them out, and they just wanted to say hi..... thats what I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join