It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Machinery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Regarding the 'huge machine'... I thought I had read something similar to this, and was able to recall it after a little digging. It was a reference to a book from some random page from About.com I had found while browsing.

It has been the only reference I was able to find, so the pics may have come from there. It was a book titled 'The Rainbow Conspiracy' by Brad and Sherry Steiger. A quick search brought back a little info, but not much.. this from Rense ( as if that isn't enough cause for doubt already )

www.rense.com...

I really don't know anything else about the book or authors, but the whole thing sounds highly dubious to me... coming complete with the standard 'anonymous source', claims of a partial translation from just a sample rubbing...

Anyway, not much more than whats already been discussed

[edit on 21-5-2005 by Donner]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
non rusting iron um stainless steel no.. i think the non rusting iron pillar is just not true

but the rest of it just could be old bottle caps and people who lost there keys

The fact that you do not believe it, does not stop reality.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Twitchy you may be onto something. Think of what something like a catastophic disaster could do to the landscape. Entire civilizations could be wiped out and buried over the years.

Troy

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The silly thing is that most of these supposedly advanced civilizations probably existed sometime during the ice age. And since a lot of the world's water was trapped in glacial and polar ice the sea levels would have been around 400 feet lower than they are today. So it follows that successful and advanced civilizations may have existed on these coasts which would not have been the same coasts of today. So, if you're looking for ancient high tech trinkets, you would most likely have to go diving for it.
Argue all you want, but the good stuff, if there is any, would be under water.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
well the norse had some navigational instruments (the names escape me atm). but all that is realy known about them is their mention in a few sagas. much has been forgotten as it has been said, through wars, famins, natural disasters, the burning of the fabled library of aleandria ect.

think of it like this. as far as we know untill recently (relitively speaking of course), all "bboks" or manuscripts were coppied by hand. as such generaly only matters of great import would be recorded. especialy technical info. most things would have been passed on by word of mouth. if it wasn't for printing how much would be written about an oven for example? sure those who worked on them or built them would be taught, but as for most? do you know EXACTLY how it works for example? or do you call someone who knows?

now considder that knowlage can be power. a certain country may know about ovens, but if they were to tell everyone how it worked they would loose out. again copyright probably did not exist. you either knew or got one from someone who did. now say the area that built and repaired ovens was hit by a sunamy (spelling i know)? everyone who knew about it was wiped out. so ovens as we know them are now non-existant. they MIGHT be remembered in tales. they might even become a "mythical" food baker. something magical, lost to memory. it might eventualy become just another cooking fire in tales as people strive to explain what it did. first useing "cooking fire" to describe it, untill several generations "oven is compleately gone to be replaced by cooking fire, or magical cooking fire. just as in that golden mouldy game "broken teliphone" someone starts off saying "meet me tomorrow for dinner", to get it returned as, " big blowout bash at jack's next week". human memory is fickle at best.

who realy knows the tech that has been lost over time? just look at the "mythical" greek fire for example. a legendary substance, that looks like it may have been crude with other stuff mixed in. they have been looking at that one substance possibly for centuries. what other wonders have been compleately forgotten? why is there a myth about someone flying so high that the wax melts, if there is no flight possible? just on that myth i think it entirely plausible that some sort of flight must have existed. otherwise why a cautionary tale that turned into myth? if there was no flight why have a tale dealing with the folly of flying too high? that makes no sence. i am sure that they could have come up with something that was familier to the people to use instead.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Disease, wars, dark ages, etc. all wrecked not only the machines but the knowledge of the science putting mankind back at the starting point where they would have to learn and discover all over again.

i think this is the point that is being generally missed. it stands to reason that gaps and lulls in technologial advancement can be attributed to these examples along with natural disasters.

noah's ark anyone?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
There are not enough artefacts to justify the idea of an advanced ancient civilisation.

Even amazing things such as the Greek mechanical calender are not prroof of anything special, the calender is not impossible for the Greek states to build at that time, just difficult and time consuming.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I think the reason we find these seeming anachronisms in technology of ancient cultures having been lost through history is because every so often, a big arse meteor, or a nasty super volcano, or even perhaps a polar shift comes along and very quickly, probably within a few generations, puts us back to a neolithic state. I think our ancient obsession with astronomy wasn't motivated so much by agriculture as it was by survival. Nothing new under the sun, they say.

That still doesn't explain the lack of ancient mines.

Zip

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here is another site:

www.s8int.com...

It talks about out of place artifacts (ooparts).

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks........though I still wonder about the very large and supposedly ancient machine.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
Thanks........though I still wonder about the very large and supposedly ancient machine.

Check my post above, there are a couple of web pages that mention the 'machine', but the only source I've been able to find so far is that one book I mentioned.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
twitchy says:

I think the reason we find these seeming anachronisms in technology of ancient cultures having been lost through history is because every so often, a big arse meteor, or a nasty super volcano, or even perhaps a polar shift comes along and very quickly, probably within a few generations, puts us back to a neolithic state.'''

Except that there is no evidence at all for any of these ancient cultures: none. No mines, no ceramics, no glass, no huge quarries, no pieces of sckyscrapers, no roadbeds, no reinforced concrete, no nothing.

In order for you assertion to be correct, your catastrophe would have to completely wipe out the surface of the Earth, and nothing like that shows up in any of the geological strata -- nothing.

As a matter of fact, any megavolcano or exterrestrial body impact over the past fifty thousand years would leave an indelible mark on the Earth, and a pole shift (if by that you mean "axis-of-rotation" pole shift) is just a pseudoscientific fantasy completely at odds with basic laws of physics and conservation of angular momentum.

Indeed, the archaeological records we do see from that time are exactly what you'd expect to see: Altamira-style cave paintings, the Venus of Willendorf, and neolithic and paleolithic tools.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
Argue all you want, but the good stuff, if there is any, would be under water.

I Agree, I have always wondered what "lies beneath"

This giant machine really interests me... wish there was more info.

[edit on 5/24/2005 by I Am Lost In My Mind]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm afraid i am not convinced, info on the machine is just far too vauge and there should be more photo's of this machine from different angles.

The heiroglyphics translation seems to me very modern....(AN EXPERIMENT...ETC) TO SEE WHO WILL FALL FOR IT PREHAPS???

It's too easy to fake things today for a bit of a giraffe.

However did you know the eqyptian sundisk between to horns symbol represents SOLOR POWER

The Ancients where no fool's and where far more advanced than what they have been given credit for .........FACT

WHICH IS MORE RELIABLE THAN THE COAST TO COAST ANCIENT ARTIFACTS BULL POO!

THIS IS TRULY WEIRED AND AT PRESANT BEYOND HUMAN COMPREHENTION: yOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

The ancient battery is part of a device that moved the ancient 3 tone to 60 tone stones in which the pyramids where built. Due to lost knowledge this technology was far advanced than ours is today even. It is beyond human comprehension. The cylinders were used to activate a translusent jelly/water type substance using rays (fiberoptic technologies) from the cylinder. The jelly substance becomes cloudy as particles and atoms are stimulated. This gives the jelly substance the strength to carry heavey objects. The energy created from the cylinder device creates a natural sound vibration enabeling the object being carried to hoover along.

Ancient Mayans recorded objects such as the stones hoovering in thin air . As the substance is translucent yes it would appear to be floating in mid air!

The jelly substance containes Crysteonite aka the stuff in mobile phones which enables communications!
Oxegen, healium, oxinite fluride, water.
iT IS NOT HEAVIER THAN WATER BUT GIVES A FIRMER FOUNDATION!

The cylinder had an electronic element, glows red paulses like a heart beat. element is LIVE AND I MEAN THAT LITERELLY ALIVE!!!

the cylinder is EARTH itself containing hydrofluric acid (cells can survive this type of acid) this is important as the cylinder contained a living organisum(HENSE THE GLOWING RED PULSATION LIKE A HEART BEAT)

There you have a snippet of what we once had but lost.
The above information came form the Lion People race!

their moto is to RE-reveal the revalations my mission is to share their knowledge.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
WW2 airplanes crashed landed in Greenland now lie under 300 FEET OF SOLID ICE!! Imagine how much sediment lies over something involved in a whole world cataclysm that occured over five thousand years ago. I heard somebody the other night talking who said 3,0000 feet of sediments was his estimate on how far down to go to get to where we should be finding stuff from these lost civilizations. Nobody's metal detector works down to 3,000 feet, so we are finding this stuff on a hit or miss basis.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is amazing stuff, but we'll have to do a lot of digging in order to get to the Ancient civilizations stuff.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Andy1972 says:

quote: Anyone whos studied the construcion of the pyramids knows that architecturaly they are more precise than the sky scrapers built with the technology of today..

I don't see how you can say that, since the facing of the payramids has pretty well worn off, so all we're usually looking at is the underlayment. And I don't know if any surveyor has measured the bases, angles, and area of the faces with any accuracy, but I'd be surprised indeed if the accuracies were within a magnitude of three or four as close as a modern building. Do you have any data to back up this assertion?

quote: The pyramid of kheops has bore holes for air at its base that require a pression that is nearly impossible with the diamond point drills they have today...

How do you know this? Do you have any data on the variance of the air holes in the Cheops pyramid? I don't! And I think our drill shafts and bits are quite a bit more accurate than those forged three thousand years ago. Again, where is your data?

quote: "....and the slabs, some weighing upto 3 tonnes, are cut with a precision that is impossible without machinery..and the bare the marks of being cut with a revolving blade cutting at a greater velocity than the cutters we have now..."

I don't see how you can look at a slab and tell the speed of the cutter. Perhaps you'd care to share you background data with us.

Off the Street.

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
twitchy says:

I think the reason we find these seeming anachronisms in technology of ancient cultures having been lost through history is because every so often, a big arse meteor, or a nasty super volcano, or even perhaps a polar shift comes along and very quickly, probably within a few generations, puts us back to a neolithic state.'''

Except that there is no evidence at all for any of these ancient cultures: none. No mines, no ceramics, no glass, no huge quarries, no pieces of sckyscrapers, no roadbeds, no reinforced concrete, no nothing.

In order for you assertion to be correct, your catastrophe would have to completely wipe out the surface of the Earth, and nothing like that shows up in any of the geological strata -- nothing.

As a matter of fact, any megavolcano or exterrestrial body impact over the past fifty thousand years would leave an indelible mark on the Earth, and a pole shift (if by that you mean "axis-of-rotation" pole shift) is just a pseudoscientific fantasy completely at odds with basic laws of physics and conservation of angular momentum.

Re: the drillbit bore marks on the inside of the sarcophagus in the kings chamber of the great pyramid. They show a depth of cut per rotation into the granite that is greater than todays technology can duplicate.
"Forbidden Archeaology"
This book shows lots of the pieces of evidence that were dug up and then discarded becuz they contradicted the present theories of ancient history. There are petrified rock beds with dinosaur footprints alongside human ones, and much more.
As far as evidence for a catastrophe in the last 50 000 years,
read, "Cataclysm: The day the earth almost died." by Allen and Delair, two qualified academics who show very solid and abundant evidence of a global Extinction level event within 150 years + or - , of 9 500 BC.
There is lots about the great pyramid that the last 200 years of modern scientific study still cannot explain, and there are lots of artifacts that have been dug up that support ancient advanced civ's. that has been destroyed, or filed away becuz it was too troublesome.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Don't be suprised if civilizations like ours (or even more advanced) are discovered to have existed thousands of years ago. The fact that those pyramids exist with the precision they have is evidence of something. Not to mention those are heavy as hell stones used. And there were other Pyramids other than Egypt and big as hell stone carvings that were moved in different areas of the world. Perhaps our current evolutionary theory is wrong? Did we really grunt and drag our wives by the hair of their head?

Don't necessarily expect some of the powers that be to tell you the real story of our past either, because some folks in high positions still are in "denial" of flying saucers, and too busy drugging us to care anyway.

Troy

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Ropes and rollers can move alot, especially with a big labour force.
Why knock the achievements of the egyptians?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
www.gizapower.com...

HERE IS AN INTERESTING THEORY!!

The great pyramid of giza may have been a power plant! if you have read my post above about the chemical substances used to move the blocks which built the pyramids one may ask how such chemicals where around in the time of the HUNTER GATHERERS!

It just backs me up when i know such subtances exsisted then, i can not explain it but i know it!

Hydrochloric acid was found in the pyramid of Giza so hydrofloric acid was also an avalible source.

Hydrchloric acid and hydrated zinc mixed together create hydrogen. These people had it, these people knew how to use it but who where they?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join