It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic mutilations or natural predators?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
www.azcentral.com...

Are people to quick to see satanism where there is none?

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well, yes, maybe SATANISM is too quickly attached to these things, but I also suspicion that "natural predators" are too quickly associated to these things. Maybe it is a third option, huh?

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If this were happening in Chicago I would be suspicious. In Colorado and Utah- hmmm, mountain lion, fox, wildcat ...these predators are being moved out of their habitat also, just like the deer and possum.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Associated Press quote from article

There may have been no blood because many of the animals suffered internal bleeding or were suffocated and eaten later after blood stopped flowing, Lewis and Bennett said.

My question is what kind of predator suffocates its prey - a dog, a coyote, a wolf? I find that statement somewhat suspicious. I am not a wildlife expert but I did not think that animals such as coyotes, dogs, etc. kill there prey by suffocation. The only animals I know that do that are constrictor snakes such as pythons and when a python is done with its prey, nothing is left. Crocidiles and alligators do drown their prey, but Aurora, Colorado is a long way from croc country. Any wild life experts care to comment?

[Edited on 4-8-2003 by jagdflieger]

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger

Associated Press quote from article

There may have been no blood because many of the animals suffered internal bleeding or were suffocated and eaten later after blood stopped flowing, Lewis and Bennett said.

My question is what kind of predator suffocates its prey - a dog, a coyote, a wolf? I find that statement somewhat suspicious. I am not a wildlife expert but I did not think that animals such as coyotes, dogs, etc. kill there prey by suggocation. The only animals I know that do that are constrictor snakes such as pythons and when a python is done with its prey, nothing is left. Crocidiles and alligators do drown their prey, but Aurora, Colorado is a long way from croc country. Any wild life experts care to comment?

I'm not a wildlife expert either, but I have a cat that's a great hunter, she likes to bring home prey as large as rabbits. She eats them too.

There is never blood. She kills by breaking the animals neck, and by the time she gets around to eating it, the blood has long since stopped flowing. It's common for predatory animals to eat the entrails first (hence the "removal" of internal organs). My wife, who really doesn't like this behavior from our cat, even commented that the remains (when there are any) look like they have been surgically removed.

If I were a satanist and wanted a cat, I'd get one from a pet store or an animal shelter. When I was done, the remains would be disposed of in a way where nobody would discover it. It's not hard to dig a small hole, or hide something like that in the garbage.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Reply to Mycroft

I had a cat (two or three) like that, cats that would catch small animals, but when my cats were done there was nothing left. One we had when I was a kid would catch small chipmunks and bring up to our back porch. It would eat the entire animal except for one small piece which it left on the porch. If the police are sure it is some predator, then they should make efforts to capture it. Predators normally take animals significantly smaller than themselves and if these animals are taking cats then they might be large enough to pose a danger to humans. Also do you know if dogs, coyotes, or wolves behave in the same manner as cats as far as killing prey. All the dogs I ever owned would only eat USDA certified dog food (would you believe they actually looked for the USDA label on the can or bag).

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
Reply to Mycroft

I had a cat (two or three) like that, cats that would catch small animals, but when my cats were done there was nothing left. One we had when I was a kid would catch small chipmunks and bring up to our back porch. It would eat the entire animal except for one small piece which it left on the porch.

I've had a lot of cats in my life, they hunt differently depending on the personality of the cat. I've known some cats to hunt, but not eat their kills, others that will only eat part of their kill, and some that don't hunt at all. The cat I was talking about was a stray for at least several months before we adopted her, so she tends to eat her kills because that's how she lived before we started feeding her. Even so, some of her kills are just too large for her to eat all of it.

But you make a good point. A wild animal wouldn't be likely to leave a lot of wasted food laying around. Maybe once or twice if it were interupted before it finished eating, but not all the time. From that I would guess it to be a domestic animal, maybe a dog that's learned that it's fun to kill cats, and it's owner doesn't know (or maybe doesn't care) what it's doing, or it could be a domestic dog gone wild, that just hasn't figured out yet that the rest of the cat is edible too.

Originally posted by jagdfliegerIf the police are sure it is some predator, then they should make efforts to capture it. Predators normally take animals significantly smaller than themselves and if these animals are taking cats then they might be large enough to pose a danger to humans.

I can't argue there, but animal control is usually understaffed and over worked.

Originally posted by jagdflieger Also do you know if dogs, coyotes, or wolves behave in the same manner as cats as far as killing prey. All the dogs I ever owned would only eat USDA certified dog food (would you believe they actually looked for the USDA label on the can or bag).

I only know what I've learned from watching National Geographic and Discovery. Predators eat the entrails first, that's where the most nutrition is. Animals that eat other animals get their vegitables from the stomachs of prey animals who have already started the digestion process for them.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
eeeew thats disgusting - i cant understand anyone who could cause harm to an animal like that, pretty sic.
Ofourse satanism will probably be the scapegoat as always.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well cats are were said to be placed on earth by the devil but why would Satanists want to kill "their own".

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 05:47 AM
link   
why would satanists want to kill full stop? .....

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilith
why would satanists want to kill full stop? .....

For sacrificial purposes to ensure power, to please Satan , i guess.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
geeez
thats devil worshippers

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Not necessarily satanists do practise this.

top topics

join