It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery illness...WMD link?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
jacksonsun.gannettonline.com...

www.lakesunleader.com.../2003/July/30-1000-news1.txt

It's been reported that Neuche's unit was working near the Baghdad International Airport before the illness struck. Could these soldiers have been exposed to something the US brought in?

news.bbc.co.uk...

People "should not be surprised by surprises", said David Kay, a special adviser to the CIA.

Are WMD about to be "found"?

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Good links!
Here's some more info from an earlier thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That BBC article is kind of creepy, isn't it?

-B.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing out the thread. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
See the other post.

If the Iraqi illnesses (not the American illnesses) are actually caused by American weaponry around the Airport in the early 90s, I wonder what the Iraqi people will actually do about their damages claim from this.

Probably nothing. But the Agent Orange saga (Vietnam) is a continuing one.

Who knows how many Iraqi soldiers have died from exactly the same causes?

It would be sick to use any of this for propaganda purposes on either side unless the cause is 100% established in medical science.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
now, the militaty brass is calling it a: new-monia or pneumonia or something like that

advising the troops to stay out of dust
and don't smoke

Yeah, Right

a distant, hostile, desert land..on extended tour duty=

next, comes the plastic & duct tape routine, they
tried to foist on the civilians!!
our GIs are definitely. "between a Rock & a Hard place"

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's surprising that the Bu#es haven't planted the WMD's yet. Either they have not been able to, or they don't plan to in order to drag this whole thing out longer.

You want the source of the sicknesses of this war, look to the ammunition being used...

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The pneumonia thing could be an intentionally distorted diagnosis. It conveys the seriousness of the illness to the public, without going into etiology.

From the Jackson Sun link....

``It's not entirely unheard of for this to happen,'' DeFraites said. It is uncommon for pneumonia to cause a breakdown in organs other than the lungs, he said.

AND

Neusche's parents said they were told their son's kidneys, liver and muscles began to deteriorate after contracting the illness.

I wonder how long it takes before this thing gets over to mainland US (I'll bet it is already here).

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I agree with Thorfinn Skullsplitter,

There is a great deal of evidence circulating throughout the internet that the previous Bush administration used ammunition laden with nuclear waste to 1. get rid of the toxic goop, and 2. to cause irreperable harm to Iraqi's and their environment.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You don't need internet evidence to know that modern munitions are made from depleted uranium.

Still, I don't think that explains this mystery illness. If it did, there should be thousands of sick Iraqis to compare it too, and it wouldn't be such a mystery.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The symptoms are akin to contact with a nerve agent of some kind but we do have to wait to see the results.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I had heard/read that limited exposure to 'anthrax' may or may not have been the cause....
I'm no more sure than anyone.
I do know that this is being seriously investigated.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
hey, I found the same article on BBC and did some research. More than likely, the cause of the pneumonia epidemic across various US bases are because of the heavily-pressured vaccination programs the soldiers are forced to comply with.

One common link between some of the more common vaccinations, including anthrax, is that they contain aluminum as an adjuvant. This aluminum, when it comes into contact with the flouride provided in American drinking water, acts as sort of a volatile biotoxin that causes damage to the ciliae within the lungs. there are other implications, but it can only be the vaccines for two reasons:

1. the same illness is reported across different bases within completely different regions

2. the same illness occurs only within US soldiers and can cause noticeable symptoms BEFORE their arrival to the location assigned.

look it all up. you'll find the same stuff I did. beware of whats in those vaccines, for real.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Right Omega. The symptoms are also consistent with depleted uranium exposure.

Begets the question as to why these munitions are used at all if their effects are known.

Would the US govt ever use these munitions on US soil...?

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just found this article:
"Army weighs vaccine Link to troops' death"

www.upi.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wasn't that the same thing that they called SARS?,pneumonia is always the final assault one suffers before death by suffocation from fluid in the lungs,but there is usually some sickness before the pneumonia,lungs don't just fill with fluid instantaneously unless someone drowns in salt water and is revived,just to suffocate anyway later,or some kind of toxin causes an allergic reaction.
We only get bits and pieces,the only ones who know are the guys doing the autopsies,and do you think they will tell us the truth if it costs them their job to do so?.
Gee sounds like the same scenario that played out with agent orange.
I have an inkling that if 1/3 of our military fell ill that there would be some kind of grave emergency declared,now they want to draft medical personnel into the military,doctor shortage in the works,engineering of another disaster in progress.Which one will cause the house of cards to tumble down?.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   

there are other implications, but it can only be the vaccines for two reasons:

1. the same illness is reported across different bases within completely different regions

2. the same illness occurs only within US soldiers and can cause noticeable symptoms BEFORE their arrival to the location assigned.

I think you're jumping the gun to conclude it could ONLY be the vaccines; there are other potential causes, including depleted uranium, although we're unlikely to hear about them from the military.

One potential flaw in your reasoning is that the Brits were supposed to receive the same vaccination regimen.

In either event, I DO believe the vaccines administered to US soldiers deserve closer study. The commander of French forces in the first Gulf War refused to allow the anthrax vaccine to be administered to French troops. Although French soldiers served in the same regions of Iraq as American and British forces, there has not, to my knowledge, been a single case of gulf war syndrome reported among them.

It makes me wonder if there wasn't some new element added to the vaccines administered to US troops this time around.

-bioguy

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The French do know something that we don't I think,they even abandoned their equipment when they left,I wonder why that is?.

new topics

top topics

join