It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS Real Time Forecasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
pasadena.wr.usgs.gov...

I thought this was pretty interesting. The USGS is putting an earthquake forecast for California online. Of course Parkfield is one of the hotspots. Not that I really want to see California get hit by a quake necessarily, but it would be interesting to see exactly how accurate this might be. Of course they're just dealing with probabilities that a quake might hit and not necessarily the size or the exact location, but it's still pretty neat.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Now the trick is to remember to check it out everyday to see if it changes --- I wish there were a bit more difference in the colors -- I can't see the subtle changes -- all the greens look green to me until they turn another color for example.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Very neat stuff thanks for the post

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
I wish there were a bit more difference in the colors -- I can't see the subtle changes -- all the greens look green to me until they turn another color for example.

Did you try the click to enlarge feature? I had the same color issue but it is much easier to see when the map is zoomed in

Although, CA is lucky there isn't much varaition
at the moment.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thanks DTOM that does help -- never thought to try that.

You should see me trying to separate black and blue socks -- finally gave up and just put them in the drawer and DH can sort them out
like I said I said -- I have trouble with colors

top topics

join