It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholics arent christians they are marytians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Exodus 20:4 " thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,OR ANY LIKENESS OF ANY THING THAT IS IN HEAVEN ABOVE, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under earth."

I wonder why they worship idols? its like they have one for every day of the week and every situation. Ive seen one of those darn little idols that gives you luck when you sell your house. This sounds familiar remember when jesus turned over the tables in the jewish temple

Mark 12:15 And they came to jerusalem : and jesus went into the temple ,and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves

Ive been to a catholic church before and those little idols arent free. Its funny to they even pray to the little pieces of wood or plastic like they hear them

Matthew 13 47-50 Then one said unto him , Behold, thy mother and thy bretheren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and and said unto him that told him,"Who is my mother? and who are my bretheren?" And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples and said,"Behold my mother and my bretheren . For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven , the same is my brother ,my sister , and mother."

Jesus was alive before he was born on earth so to say mary is still his mother after he was resurected is giving her too much credit. When we all die there is no mother only one Father. the family we have here is only temporary when we go to heaven of wherever you chose the families we have here will no longer exist.The only family that matters is the one we have in Christ

Luke 21:34,35 and Jesus said unto them," the children of this world marry , and are given in marriage. But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world , and the ressurection from the dead, neither marry, or are given in marriage.

Too bad the muslims dont know this. I guess no virgins waiting in heaven for those suicide bombers
so every one is about equal and one big family of brothers and sisters. Except the Lord

If people say there was a higher regard for mary along time ago. wanna know why? because the church killed all those who opposed them. If you ever read the history of the church and of some the popes you will know what im talking about.Who bowed down to Hitler and didnt stand up to him during ww2. when push comes to shove the church will always bow down to whoever is more powerfull.they will even protect child molesters. their record speaks for themselves. The church is the reincarnation of the power hungry money worshiping jewish temples of jesus' day

[edit on 19-5-2005 by mastergallo]

[edit on 20-5-2005 by mastergallo]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If you want proof jesus was alive before he was born i know that scripture too. If you want me to prove mary isnt the mother of God or Jesus. its like saying mary was born before jesus.she was born physically before him thats obvious. And she was his earthly mother. But to say mary was with jesus during the creation.

In the begining was the Word and the word wasnt mary

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It's strange you judge all catholics as non christians when Jesus taught 'Judge not lest ye be judged'.. given that you have not followed his teachings.. that makes you a non christian.

Ironic eh?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
TROLL ALERT

Ignorance thy name is mastergallo.
I pity you. You drink hate like it's water.
It keeps you alive and it 'refreshes' you.
Been hanging out over at mud hole
trib forces dot com? Sounds like it.

You are too full of error for me to even begin to
know where to start educating you. And it looks
like you would rather be educated by that idiot
Jack Chick then reality.

Oh ... a little something to leave you with
(if your brain can handle it). Mary is indeed the
mother of God. She gave birth to Him. She took
care of Him. She's His mother. The same with
YOUR mother. She gave birth to you. She took
care of you. Your mother only generated your
body, not your soul. Same with Mary. She
generated Christ's body, not His soul. Same
thing. Both are indeed mothers of their children.
Try to let that sink in through all that hate and ignorance.

www.catholic.com...
Read and educate yourself.

Bu-bye now

[edit on 5/20/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
riley

the catholic doctrine is prolly what he meant.
Not all catholics adhere to it, but they are still labeled catholics.
We are indeed told to judge not
BUT
We are also told to judge/test the fruit.

FF
Can you show me where it mentions Queen of Heaven in the bible?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
riley

the catholic doctrine is prolly what he meant.

No.. the thread's title makes a clear generaliation.. and this:

Its funny to they even pray to the little pieces of wood or plastic like they hear them

I'm wondering if the person pointed and laughed when visiting this church.

Not all catholics adhere to it, but they are still labeled catholics.
We are indeed told to judge not
BUT
We are also told to judge/test the fruit.

So.. Jesus says biggotry is okay in some cases? It's either one or the other.. it can't be both otherwise people will choose whats convenient for them at the time.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Haha, being dyslexic, when I first read the subject I thought it said Martians.

It is possible that the practice of Mary worship evolved from the Catholic churches attempt at destroying pagan practices by incorporating them in their own practices. Or by converted pagans continuing their worship practices in their new religion.

Either way not all Catholics are Mary worshipers. As in everything else in the world, there are varying degree of passion, beliefs and actions. Generalizations will never accurately descibe anything of depth.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
it's funny how people cant take the truth. i dont hate catholics but they need to open their eyes. they are the blind sheep led to the slaughter. its funny how catholics are called catholics and not christians. i dont judge i just use their own words. i didnt name them catholics

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
mastergallo, I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Are you
A. Pointing out that some people believe something that you don't.
B. Trying to convert them to your beliefs.
C. Starting a thread that will offend enough people to get you points up through our responses.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So.. Jesus says biggotry is okay in some cases? It's either one or the other.. it can't be both otherwise people will choose whats convenient for them at the time.

?
I dont understand?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We dont worship Mary or pray to idols. Why dont you learn something.

Oh wait your banned haha

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yep Banned. Like I said ... TROLL ALERT.
Read the warning flag that he got posted for.
GEEEEEEEEEZE. Ignorance all around.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
quote/ The honoring of the Holy Virgin began from the time when the Archangel Gabriel greeted Her with the words: "Rejoice, O Blessed One, the Lord is with Thee! Blessed art Thou among women!"
announcing to Her the mystery of the conception of the Son of God.
A few days later with the words "Blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb," the righteous Elizabeth saluted the pure Virgin. St. Luke explains in his Gospel that the Holy Spirit revealed to Elizabeth that Mary had become the Mother of the Lord, the promised Savior of mankind (Luke 1:28-42).

Theotokos meaning God Bearer.....Mary Mother of God is not worshipped .......She does intercede on our behalf.....as the Mother of God she is able to do this.......when at the wedding at Cana.....Jesus Christ listened to His Mother and changed the water into wine.....on BEHALF of Her ....

The Angel, having appeared, told Her,
"Rejoice, O Blessed One! (literally, "filled with grace")
The Lord is with Thee!
Blessed art Thou amongst women."
Mary was puzzled by the words of the Angel and unsure what this greeting was supposed to mean. The Angel continued by saying to Her: "Fear not, Mary, for Thou hast found favor with God.
And therefore, Thou wilt bear a Son and shalt name Him Jesus.
He shall be great and shall be known as the Son of the Most-high, and to His Kingdom there shall be no end."

And also of Mary Mother of God ........

"Blessed art Thou among women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb! And from whence is such happiness for me, that the Mother of my Lord should come to me?"

The Virgin Mary, in answer to Elizabeth's greeting,
glorified God with the following words:
"My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my savior.

For He hath regarded the low estate of His handmaiden: for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

For He that is mighty hath done to me great things; and Holy is His name. And His mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation" (Luke 1:46-50).

And being a Mother for all mankind she is surely Blessed among women.
helen

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
what I think is most telling in this thread is how Flyers Fan sins against a whole website based on one person who linked a post from there...and then brands all of you who posted after this guy was warned as ignorant, because one person pointed it out.

It seems like you fit the shoes that you are trying to put on someone else FF

The facts are
The RCC follows much RCC tradition , some of which is different then the bible

General logic says that Christians are ones who keep Christs word first.

So if only ' technically, catholics are catholics, a sect of christianity (only because the word came before the church tradition).

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
General logic ......

General logic is something that is missing from your post jake.
You are babbling again. Poor Jake. The troll who started this
thread was quickly banned, and rightly so. Yet you wish to
continue the ignorance. Embarrass yourself somemore Jake.
It's entertaining ... pathetic ... yet entertaining like a car
accident on the side of a road that people rubber neck and
say to themselves 'OMG ... what a mess'.

sins against a whole website

*CULT ALERT* Listen to yourself. *CULT ALERT*
there is no such thing as sinning against a web
site let alone a bigotted mud hole echo chamber
such as that one. Get a grip. Get some help and get
out of that cult. There are psychologists all around
the country who help with those escaping cults.
Seriously ... open the phone book and go. You
are not in a mentally or spiritually healthy situation.

www.catholic.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

And some more psychology/fundamentalism reading -

www.globalpolicy.org...
www.bidstrup.com...
www.dimensional.com...
www.newreformation.org...
www.global-vision.org...

[edit on 5/22/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am sure that your tone betrays what is in your heart. :shk:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Couldn't read the truth about the cult you are in, eh Jake?
Sounds like you need deprogramming. Seriously, get some
help. There are mental health professionals all around the
country who will help you detox from the fundamentalist
cult you are in. But the first step towards a healthy lifestyle
is up to you. Be brave Jake ... take that first step. Open the
phone book and make the call ....

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Identifying a cult

First, watch for their attitude toward the Word of God. We are living in a day of "extrabiblical revelations." These are supposedly inspired statements in addition to the Bible. Those who offer any other writing as sacred beyond the Scriptures must be rejected (Rev. 22: 18, 19).

RCC fits that one with the catechism and mary revelations and infallible popes

Second, see what they believe concerning salvation. Is it by works?
Pennance anyone? Thats works for forgivness, not salvation. I guess its good on this one

Third, determine what they believe about assurance of salvation. False religions generally say that one cannot know for sure whether or not he is saved until after he dies. But they contradict the clear teaching of Scripture (l John 5:13)
I dont even want to open the purgatory can of worms.

Fourth, watch to see if they elevate a certain person or that person's words to a level in the direction of the God-like. Beware of any group that makes a "messiah" out of someone.

The infallible popes?
How about Mary being Co-redeemer?

Fifth, watch doctrinal vagueness or inconsistency. True Bible preachers are amazingly similar in their preaching content because it comes from the right source. False preachers contradict themselves even within a given cult or ism. They are given to fables, according to the Bible (2 Tim. 4:3, 4); therefore their message can be one thing one day and another the next.

Because its vague by nature...any thing brought up in this one can be debated forever.
A typical contradiction would be not having any graven images, and then making millions of them and bowing in front of them

A sixth mark of a cult is a tendency to claim new discoveries, especially from the Scriptures. Much of this might be to attract financial support, an action that is in itself another mark of a false religion. Frequently their leaders have a desire, often extreme, for personal gain. Perhaps the organization is suspiciously large or rich, as we have seen so dramatically in recent years.

Papal decree's fall under this group.
JP2 says muslims dont need Jesus
JP2 says Jews dont need jesus.
Jesus says Jews and everyone else needs Jesus

So we see the RCC fits the test very well.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Jake you wrong!

Now read this psalm.

''Thy throne, O God, is everlasting;
The sceptre of they Kingdom is the sceptre of rightousness....
The Queen stood at thy Right Hand arrayed in robes of gold and many coloured vesture ''
(PSALM 44: 5 , 9 )

''The prophet David foretold both thy joy and thy great sorrow, and thine ineffable glory when he proclaimed in vision,''The queen stood at thy right hand arrayed in gold and many coloured vestrue,' for thou didst stand in joy by the manger of thy Royal Child , and in great agony beside His Cross.
But on the great and Holy day , thou shalt be seen at the right hand of the King of Glory as the church cries out to Him : Alleluia''....Kontakion Ten,Akathist Hymn.

Also .....
''And on the third day,there was a wedding at Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.
And Jesus was there . And Jesus and His disciples had also been invited to the wedding.
And when the wine ran out, Jesus' mother said to Him : They have no wine.
Jesus said to her : What is that to you and Me , madam?
My time has not yet come.
His mother said to the servants : Do whatever He tells you.....''(Jn.2:1-5)

At the wedding of Cana, the Holy Spirit revealed to us the power of Mary's intercessions before God.
When Mary told Jesus ,''They have no wine,'' He replied,
''My time has not yet come''.
Nevertheless, He worked the miracle and turned the water into wine.
When Mary asked Jesus for help , He told her that the time had not yet come for Him to work such a miracle but because she asked , the order of God's plan was changed.
Christ worked the miracle 'out of it's time'' because of Mary's intercession.
Would not our prayers if they were like the Mary Theotokos have the same effect if we would aquire a purity , faith and obedience more like hers?
So as we ask for the Theotokos to pray for us.......she intercedes on our behalf because of our sinful nature....how else can we sinners view ''the Blessed Mother of God''.....even the Angels called Her blessed......
And to think we are not sinful is to go against what Christ said.
And as the New Testament says.....Read 1 TIMOTHY ch.2
1/''I exhort therefore, that first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving thanks, be made for all men;
2/For Kings, and for all that are in authority;that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3/For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

I.X
helen

[edit on 5/24/2005 by helen670]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
wow that is a skewed interpitation of the wedding at Cana.

Yes, Mary was blessed by God by being allowed to carry Jesus in her womb for 9 months. In a way she became another deciple. One of the things you should remember is in weddings of those days you typically brought some wine to share (BYOB, or BYOW) it seems jesus and his dispiles just arrived in the area and were invited at the last minute. Jesus's response to Mary was a rather distant way to address his mother, litterally "what [is there] to me and to you" ( see Judges 11:12; 2 same 16:10; 1 Kings 17:18; 2 Kings 3:13; 2 Chron 35:21 and in NT Mt 8:29; Mk 1:24; 5:7; Lk 8:28) and reveals that his time to be revealed to all has not come yet. the only people to witness this miricle were Mark, the disiples, and mabye some servents, the other wedding guests never knew where the wine came from (they jsut knew it was real good). And in the wrap up to the scene (John 2:11) it shows that the disiples put thier faith in Jesus.. which is a rather open statement.

mary knows who Jesus really is, and stated a problem, and Belived very strongly Jesus could deal with it correctly, but left it opened ended, Jesus coudl still do nothing, but decided to have a private revealing of his glory to a select few.

new topics

top topics

join