It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

space buses??????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
my freind told me that there will soon be transporters to take u to space is that true?

apc

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's optimistic. The idea is commercialize space so eventually competition drives the cost down so the average Joe can afford a ticket. Ideally it shouldnt be tooooo long before it costs oh 50,000USD round trip.... so lets say around the year 2100ish is when Frank the Mailman could buy a trip to the ISS (hehe). I think the cost [, today,]of fuel and supplies and everything for one person is around a million give or take, but don't quote me on that.

[edit on 19-5-2005 by apc]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Quite a few people are working towards getting people into space.
Check out the X Prize web sight and you can find links to most of the
groups that are building private rockets.......

www.xprize.org...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Space Busses???

Well for a cool 20 mill you could hitch a ride on a russian rocket.

Or if you not a millionaire

In 2006 you could get a sub-orbit, experiancing zero-g's for 6 or so minutes, and get one hell of a view seeing the curvature of earth.
, Scaled Composites will get you to sub-orbit in 2007-2008 area, for a cool 250,000 to 200,000 grand, the price will gradually fall over time.

I said 2006 because that when other various companies will start sending up paying customers...other companies prices will most likely be around the same.

Not sure what you friend was referring to with "transporters" though?.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Source:BBC News
Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson has signed a £14m agreement which will see his company take passengers into space.
The British entrepreneur is having five "spaceliners" built in the US by the team behind the SpaceShipOne vehicle.

Link

Richard Branson is offering passengers a three hour space flight including three minutes of weightlessness for a mere £100,000 ($180,000 roughly).

These flights will not begin for around three years.

The Virgin spacecraft are being built by the same team that build SpaceShipOne!

Richard Branson has even said that he would like a space hotel in the next few years!

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Heres some concept renderings of what Richard wants, but for his sake, I think it would be cheaper to team up with Bigelow.

overview of there Space Station

Space Bubble

ahg...These pictures cant be viewed because the server sucks. I used to post my pictures using yahoo geocities...because its free, but its to small, they only give you 15mb...and so I switched to this one...little did I know they dont allow links.

Any body know a good site, that gives you a free web site, and good amount of bandwidth and space, and it has to be free. oh and lets you be able to hotlink.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Murcielago]

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Murcielago]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Any body know a good site, that gives you a free web site, and good amount of bandwidth and space, and it has to be free. oh and lets you be able to hotlink.

Cant you just use an Image Hosting Site if your just wanting to post pics?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

2100ish is when Frank the Mailman could buy a trip to the ISS (hehe).

'Chu laughin at?

You've got to wait a bit. It won't be long spacewise or technologywise, but humanwise it'll be a bit. We've got to overcome fuel, costs, safety, governments bickering and fighting, etc. But we'll get there, don't doubt that - this will happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yes it is true to an extent. But a bus takes someone from 'A' to 'B'. 'A'' would be Earth, but would 'B' be the Moon, some space station, who knows? It all depends on when big companies want to start space expansion, and if they can afford it.
Governments will be the last people to build a Moon base, it'll be the private sector. So when we get somewhere to go, prices will drop to get into space, and we'll see it all the time.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Nexus
Governments will be the last people to build a Moon base, it'll be the private sector.

ahh...No.

Nasa will be the first to build a moon base, which would be considered government...A private sector moon base is much farther off.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Governments will be the last people to build a Moon base, it'll be the private sector. So when we get somewhere to go, prices will drop to get into space, and we'll see it all the time.

Why would any private company want a base on the Moon?

Theres nothing there but dust and rocks!

NASA could use a base for experiments but a private Moon base is silly!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Identity_Unknown

Originally posted by Nexus

Why would any private company want a base on the Moon?

Theres nothing there but dust and rocks!

NASA could use a base for experiments but a private Moon base is silly!

I dissagree...I just think Nexus is thinking to fast...But yes, eventually it will happen.

dust & rocks??? what about all the Titanium it has, and in the distant future it could have bases on it that are universities dedicated to research of its orgins, materials, how it formed, theres so much more there then rocks and dust.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

what about all the Titanium it has

What use is titanium on the Moon?

Titanium on Earth yes, but getting it back from the Moon would cost an absolute fortune!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If they go according to bush's agenda, then NASA will be the first to build a base.
As to the cost of mining and shipping titanium (or other resources) from the moon to the earth. The cost can be greatly reduced through the use of the international space station as well as some of the newer space vehicles that have been projected.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Titanium on Earth yes, but getting it back from the Moon would cost an absolute fortune!

Well, we should build a space elevator. Also, don't forget about all sorts of other things on the moon, tritium par exemple.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Well, we should build a space elevator. Also, don't forget about all sorts of other things on the moon, tritium par exemple.

If the space elevator is ever made it will be amazing.

The possibilities are just endless!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

what about all the Titanium it has

I was talking about, that it is a good material for building vehicles and spacecraft, as well as normal buildings.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
how about a space #tle?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
ha ha, oops, i meant t say space shuttle. i think ill leave that there for a mod to clean up. just for some confusion in the minds of other readers.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I was talking about, that it is a good material for building vehicles and spacecraft, as well as normal buildings.

And how many facilities to build space shuttles do we currently have on the Moon? Errrrr.........NONE!

Nor will we have in the next 20 years!

So Titanium is totally useless unless it is here on Earth!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join