It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Using 'The Apprentice' to Get the White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Donald Trump, the billionaire New York real estate magnate, did contemplate running for the U.S. presidency in 2000 under a third party ticket, but decided not to run citing problems with the party (source: CNN).

His new NBC show The Apprentice has been wildly popular, and he's truly become a household name in its wake.

Could he be brewing new thoughts about getting the presidency in 2008? He could try to run as a Republican, as now there's no clear frontrunner in that primary race, or join another third party.

A celebrity such as Trump, backed with his business acumen displayed in his hit TV show, could be a major juggernaut in U.S. politics if he chooses to run. Would it be an improper use of his newfound celebrity to turn it into a political campaign?

[edit on 5/19/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How is he using the show to get the presidency?

Is he presenting his platform or something? Discussing politics with his greedy minion wannabes?

I don't see the conspiracy here.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I wonder if the entire purpose of the show was to boost his name recognition factor to make a political run for the U.S. presidency.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I watched some of the first season.

All I saw was a promotion vehicle for the Trump brand name and making gobs of money by getting on the "reality" TV bandwagon.

In my opinion he did not need the show for Americans to know who Donald Trump was.

Anyway, moving this to Political Figures on P@ATS. You can discuss his run for the presidency there.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Trump would have way too many skeletons in the closet that would surface if he tried to run. Both the Republican and Democratic Spin Doctors and their Various Supporting Organizations would create such a media circus around his entire life history that he'd probably end up losing what appeal he has recently aquired and more.

BTW, WTF is up with his hair anyway??? Why is it that for as rich and savy as he is the man simply can not or will not get a hair piece that looks even remotely good??? I mean he could buy a whole new scalp or something if he wants but he chooses to wear that scrag of a flap of mole hair on his head for some reason!!!
:huh:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Description of the Political Conspiracies forum:

Discuss political conspiracies, cover-ups, and deceptions of political figures and parties.

The premise of my post was that Trump is using deception by becoming a TV star to garner popularity to make a run for the highest office in the currently most powerful nation in the world. I don't understand how you can say that that doesn't fit into the published description of the ATS Political Conspiracies forum.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think Trumps ego is two big for politics.
Would people really want someone who has been bankrupt twice in the oval office?
Is Trump even a Republican ?

I can think of a former movie star who was ran for governor and won off the back of celebrity. In fact his reality TV show could count against him because the networks that broadcast the show might limted media coverage of any run for the prez Trump makes because of the fear of media bias and law suits.

join