It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
She did in fact say " WHAT WE IRAQI'S WANT " and then went on to attacking Americans verbally , but then again , she opened up that can of worms , and it is by the way a forum to "VENT" our opinions on her post . So , if you dont like "OUR" reasonable responses to her negative post , just change the channel . No hard feelings here , really .... you had your say , we have ours ... its all good

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanBean
I find it disgusting that people like SS can live in my country and give my country a bad name by saying the sort of crap that she does.

America may not be perfect, ...

America may not be perfect but atleast the majority of the nation still believes and protects Syrian Sister's right to say any damn well thing she pleases, may it be offensive to individuals or not.

You seem so proud of 'your' country and 'your' country's name yet you completely stonewall the number one thing that makes this country so damn good. The absolute unprovoked right to say any God damn thing you want.

You know what I find disgusting? That over 70% of the replies to Syrian Sister's thread are completely bias towards Muslims and the Middle East. And the ironic part about it, the people making the comments are obviously completely ignorant to the lives and living conditions of the people in the Middle East.

This thread has been on this board for a very long time now.. and I've revisited it on several occasions, and only now, for some apathic reason, this thread is becoming the very thing most American's fear about the Middle East populations.. their ignorance to others' cultures.

Deny Ignorance?

It'll make 'your' country's name look good for a change.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yes, you're right QuietSoul. I think we should set up a free and public website. Maybe we'll call it CallUsWankers.net? "Hey, come here Terrorists! You can tell us we're assholes on a webserver provided by us because we value the right of all people to say what they want!" While we're at it, why net let pedophiles come and chat about abusing children, after all, why should a terrorist have the right to plan our destruction in a free speach environment when a pedophile does not? Thanks for your input there "Quiet"soul, much appreciated

[edit on 11/1/2006 by HumanBean]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I agree completely Quietsoul. I completely disagree with EVERYTHING SS says, and usually say "Oh god, here we go again." but that doesn't mean she doesn't have the right to say it, it simply means I have the right to not read it, or respond to it. While I disagree with what she says, I also know that I'm disagreeing with what SHE says, and feels, and thinks. She is by no means the rest of the Muslim world, and neither are the extremists that go out and kill people. You can find people like that in ANY religion, and ANY country in the world. They are NOT representative of anything, but a closed mind, and extreme view point.

I can't remember who said this, but I have always thought this quote was very pertinent, and even more so now. I might not have it EXACTLY right, but you'll get the point.

"I disagree with what you have to say, but will defend to the death your right to say it."

Humanbean, so now SS is a terrorist?
Why, because she agrees with the insurgents, and thinks they're freedom fighters? Or because she disagrees with what "smart people" are told is right? So if I disagree with you about something, does that mean I'm a terrorist too?

[edit on 1/11/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Devilwasp brings up a good point.

This thread is getting to be nothing more than another rant.
Let's chill out and get back to the topic

Originally posted by dreamer04
She did in fact say " WHAT WE IRAQI'S WANT " and then went on to attacking Americans verbally , but then again , she opened up that can of worms , and it is by the way a forum to "VENT" our opinions on her post . So , if you dont like "OUR" reasonable responses to her negative post , just change the channel . No hard feelings here , really .... you had your say , we have ours ... its all good

Let me break how things tend to work about around here.. First off, we have a forum specifically designed to "VENT" on BTS. So if you want to 'VENT' about what Syrian Sister posted, then you need to change the channel. No hard feelings here, really... you can have your say, and we'll have ours. Just do it in the right forum.

And secondly, telling a moderator that's trying to cool down offensive behaviour from a seriously derailed thread to 'take a hike' or 'change the channel' probably wont get you very far on ATS. It tends to make thy in power a bit trigger happy if you know what I mean.

But regardless, thanks for informing us all of how this forum works and what is acceptable or not.

The quiet of the new fell snow.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanBean
Yes, you're right QuietSoul. I think we should set up a free and public website. Maybe we'll call it CallUsWankers.net? "Hey, come here Terrorists! You can tell us we're assholes on a webserver provided by us because we value the right of all people to say what they want!" While we're at it, why net let pedophiles come and chat about abusing children, after all, why should a terrorist have the right to plan our destruction in a free speach environment when a pedophile does not? Thanks for your input there "Quiet"soul, much appreciated

Last I checked, Syrian Sister isnt a terrorist and hasnt called anyone assholes

I could care less about what SS has, does, or will say. The general notion and "dirty arab terrorists" attitude that is going on in this thread was enough to keep me from actually reading most of it. Touche.

Quite honestly I cant stand SS. But what I cant stand more then SS is ignorant people that lash out offensive dribble about stuff they know so little of.

;0)

But actually debating what shes said in my eyes is good.

But honestly, all I see is complete flaming of an entire race, or culture, as a result of one individual's (or group thereof's) opinion.

[edit on 1/11/2006 by QuietSoul]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well the self described "thread killer" my buddy Zaphod58 has posted here so hopefully this will thread will slowly sink back into obscurity.

The last couple posts by quietsoul seem like a good place to leave things.

There are far better threads that discuss this topic without the ammount of fluff/garbage in this one.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Humanbean, so now SS is a terrorist?

I didn't say SS was a terrorist, just that free speech can be taken only so far. As I said, would you want pedophiles to freely be able to talk about the abuse of children? There is a limit, and that is all I was saying with my last post

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamer04

Well your wrong there, since it is THIER board, and you obey THIER rules.

Oh and with respect, you want to "Vent" your opinions about a person go do it somewhere else, this is ATS not your own personel forum.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I got one thing to say to those people who would doubt this letter from an Iraqi women who is on the front lines, and who is living through the hell the Americans are inflicting: Go fight the war if you think its so glorious, and let the troops who know what the real deal is, and want to leave, let them come home.

You say ''we have to go to war''.....WE have to go to war? YOU are watching the war on CNN, man, YOU are going nowhere! We send other people in to do the war thing, many of which have realized just what a farce it is, yet they still have to serve. You guys go replace them, if you think killing people is justifiable.

Ive talked to soldiers who have told me the real deal about whats going on. I can assure you this letter depicts very well what is happening. Im not saying all troops are doing this, but many of them are.

I would take the word of an Iraqi over this subject then the word of an American.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I dont know what your problem is , quit quoting things I say and then attack me at the same time . If your head wasnt so far up your own sunshine , you would had read my first original post in which seagull replied "well said" . Wanna know what was said , go search it yourself . F Y I , for all the harmonious words of being able to vent is anyones God given right , then have tha audasity to try to take it back , well , i'll be waiting and watching for a time I feel appropriate to respond no matter who its from . And for the record , I HAVE NEVER DISRESPECTED ANY MODERATOR ...

I will have my say as everyone else does on here

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Are you trying to call one of the mods out into the street? Here's a very clear and concise message for you. I see you as doing just that. They don't come out into the street, I come out for them. I assure you, you have no chance against me; I cheat, and I do not lose.

Do not try and cross swords with the mods. Use tact, because I will not.

Get back to the regularly scheduled program.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
one more time , I have not disrespected anyone here . I have yet to see those who have gotten out of hand put in there place . I have seen more misquotes than carter has liver pills . Yet people claim who has a God given right ? Evidently my rights are being squashed ? uh huh

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I dont see how we can base the opinion of the entire population of Iraq on one womans "supposed" letter. I only say supposed because I heard somewhere that this was a spam email going around. Cant remember if I read it here or somewhere else. Thats like basing the population of the entire US on an anti or pro war op/ed piece. Doesnt make sense to me. I know its late but to me this should have never been dignified with a response, and is a non story. Opinions vary anywhere you go, not like it should be a surprise to anyone.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Go fight the war then, youll see what shes talking about.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
her post is on page one , top post of the page... happy readings

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
[Thats amazing because, that is not what other Iraqs are saying.....your a lier....Americans would never want your stinkling piece of # , desert wastland to begin with.....Your people have been living in the stone ages for hundreds of years, while the rest of the world progresses....This is due to the fact that there are no honorable leaders in any of the Middle Eastern counties....Death is all you know.....An entire culture driven on the Lies of one man ....Mohamad.....You cant really be a educated person and not know , that Americans have been the shinning light of freedom and human rights since the beginning of our country.....We give more aid to the needy all over the world.than any other country period.....When is the last time Iraq did anything to help another country....thats right ,#ing never... and you know it.......It sadens me to know that so many fine Americans have given there lives , to try to clean up that giant liitter box you call home.Your country invaded Kuwait murdered its people....That is what started all of this...You being a women are less than a dog in your country....Here in the beautifull USA .....women are Business owners , politicians,astronauts,doctors and the fabric that holds families togather.If it takes killing every last one of you, to keep my children safe from terroist than Start Digging. post by Syrian Sister

top topics

<< 31  32  33   >>

join