It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aape
from reuters:

headline : British "Undercover Soldiers" Caught driving Booby Trapped Car

"They were driving a civilian car and were dressed in civilian clothes when shooting took place between them and Iraqi patrols," an official in Basra said

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here this explains it. And also its debunked about the car bomb.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I´m not saying it, reuters is.

Oh? And then why bring it up in the first place?

The thread that deltaboy has kindly linked us to , thank you btw, debunks it. I personally took pleasure in debunking alongside several others.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Oh? And then why bring it up in the first place?

The thread that deltaboy has kindly linked us to , thank you btw, debunks it. I personally took pleasure in debunking alongside several others.

Well if you are so bright,why didn´t you link to the threat instead of yawning about their dressing?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is another thread about that situation that happened. It pretty much explains it all. Not going into all of the pages though.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Well if you are so bright,why didn´t you link to the threat instead of yawning about their dressing?

Because I felt no need to, its well documented that this "bomb" BS is infact BS.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Sysrina Sister, are you Iraqi or Syrian??

And what is the middle- east's/ your take/opinion on Chechnya,Kashmir and the Qighar province of china?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
speaking of syrian sister, she's been conspicuous by her absence lately. I am sure she'll be back soon to further enlighten us as to the villiany of the evil occupiers of Iraq.
Things still seem to be looking up in Iraq, and I'm sure this bugs the mmm...hmmm... outta certain people around these parts
. All to the good, certain people should be bugged on a regular basis, just on general principles.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Sysrina Sister, are you Iraqi or Syrian??

And what is the middle- east's/ your take/opinion on Chechnya,Kashmir and the Qighar province of china?

Syrian Sister is Australian by Citizenship (so ive seen her claim), but ive seen post's where she Identifys Australia (and the west broadly) as basically the Nemises of her life, her posts at times have been so extreme that one would have to assume she has been "asked" to tone it down.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
She's young, and looking for heroes, just in the wrong places. Read some of her posts and you'll see she posts a picture of some murderous insurgent/terrorist/freedom fighters and then calls them dreamy. Kind of like many girls here in the U.S. and elsewhere idolizing 50 cent, etc. In the 80's it was Motley Crue. I don't think she really even fully comprehends the ideology, but I'm sure she will say she does. I think it's just the "bad boy" phase she's likely going through, only these are the bad boys of arab culture and they actually kill innocent people on purpose.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The soldiers don't have a say in this matter. They have a job to do and if they don't do it they get in trouble, they could be dishonorably discharged and that's worst than a felony, their lives would be ruined. They are only doing a job, many of my friends are military.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Text Navy
I am sorry you have so much hate for us Americans , please realize that we dont always know what our own government does and I am very sorry for the poor conduct of "some " of our own military people, It's the bad ones that makes us look bad and I regret to say that there are bad among the good in our military . I dont hate anyone , Iraqi or otherwise just because of one man who took pleasure in killing innocent men , women , and children and hid there bodies for decades in deserts or sent home body parts to loved ones in garbage bags . Our government doesnt always tell the American people what really goes on , from secretly using drugs on americans , hiding truths of events only to apologize for them later , and yet , as a compassionate country for the opressed and underdogs we wish to come to the rescue and many AMERICANS have donated their time, money , including missionaries and peace corp personell , endanger their own lives just so that humanitarian relief can be recieved to those in need of it , no matter who they are , no matter what country , not all Americans are evil , and not all of us will suffer the same fate of those Americans who have strayed from God's intended path , I'm sorry , but they stand alone come judgement day and have alot to answer for , for their own wrong doings . I ask you this , should you suffer the same fate as your kindred or friends in Iraq just because they choose to slaughter babies , men and women ? That wouldnt be very fair now would it ? NO man can contol what the other man or country is doing , that doesnt mean we should be held accountable for it either . No human deserves the horrible treatment that has plauged man kind from the begining of time . And for the record , even us Americans feel our troops should come home , we have our losses too , many of the men and women feel they are fighting for a cause to help a civilization that has suffered tremendous unspeakable horrors . I'm sorry to read you feel that their suffering should continue , thats not very HUMANE of you and not very nice to wish such continued suffering , from which you yourself should be greatful you have never had to experience .

P.S.
I dont always agree with how things are handled by our government , but I am still greatful to be an American . Theres alot of good citizens here who fought and died so that others may experience freedom . What has your contribution to the human race been , if I may ask ? Hope it wasnt your 2 cents because it wasnt worth much .

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Dreamer04.
Very well said. This country has been a beacon for others to follow for many years and that is all to the good. Do we have some dark episodes in our history? Of course we do. The difference between America and most of the rest of the world is that we don't hide from it, we try, and sometimes fail; to learn from those dark episodes.
There is one thing that you can bank on; however much we may stumble in our attempts to help the rest of the world, never ever doubt that our intentions are noble.
The rants by SS, and others who shall remain nameless, are the products of jelousy and envy nothing more and nothing less. They cannot stand the notion that the united states of america stands for something loftier and more noble than they can aspire to. Yes, we sometimes fall short of these standards, but the grace is in the attempt, not the failure.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Thank you seagull for your post .
Yes you are right , we have a dark side , our country has its secrets , but , as Americans we rise together when our fellow man or under-dog needs a helping hand . No matter what , even in our darkest hour , we still ban together as one . Yet , should we all be silenced (Americans) , our voices will forever ring , for mankind and for what we stood for , freedom .

[edit on 1/8/2006 by dreamer04]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I´m not saying it, reuters is.

And it's amazing that they managed to take pictures of all of their gear, and them, but NOT ONE PICTURE of the boobytrapped car, or all the explosives they were supposedly carrying. You would think that SOMEONE would have been able to snap a picture of the booby trap, or the explosives they "had on them" according to the press. Funny how no one did though.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
So if you are from Iraq. I pose one question.

As I am assuming you are pro-resistance? I've encountered many people myself (I served in Iraq), that loved the U.S. Iraqi civilians giving us shouts of "viva la freedom" and "god bless U.S.A."

... Are you sure you served over there? Cause last I checked they sure werent shouting Viva la freedom... last I checked, thats the wrong language.

... and those that shout god bless USA are typically looking for "souvineers" so they can feed themselves. Satan himself would get the same welcoming should the civies be hungry enough.

No, I've seen far too much evidence in the contrary to believe they like us in the least.

please quote only what is needed to make your point

[edit on 8-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No, thank you, Dreamer. The truth often sounds trite doesn't it? But it's truth nevertheless. America stands for much more than strip malls and Walmarts. Why else would people risk, and sometimes find, death to get here. Elian Gonzalez, and his mother, are the face of that desire. I can't fathom it myself, having lived here all my life. It's not just the desire for freedom from want. or even wanting freedom. It's something deeper, that lifelong americans may have a hard time understanding. Hmm... possibility for a posting perhaps.
This is what the Iraqi's want. Maybe not our brand of democracy, but one much like it. Regardless of what others may think.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by seagull]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Very true ....

I think its our desire of survival that makes us stop at nothing to achieve freedom and for, if not anything else , "Survival ", not just for ourselves , but for our children as well . I like to call it " Self sacrafice", for our children for whom we love deeply and infinantly . Thats why so many parents , no matter where they came from , sacraficed all they had , even their lives , just so their children could live in a world they thought was better than their own . I for one would make that sacrafice for my kids .

[edit on 1/10/2006 by dreamer04]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I find it disgusting that people like SS can live in my country and give my country a bad name by saying the sort of crap that she does.

America may not be perfect, but if it wasn't for them we would all be speaking German or maybe Russian by now. They may have had misguided reasons for invading Iraq but now there's one less frigging lunatic in the world. I've no doubt there is friction between Iraqi civilians and US soldiers but that just go to show how lucky they are that they are even *free* to speak up about their occupiers. If they'd done that under the Hussein reigime then they would of got a bullet in the back of the head

Maybe the media should drop it's own agenda (yeah right) and start reporting an unbiased view of what's going on in Iraq instead of publishing sensationalist stories with pictures of little children crying designed to do nothing more than pull people's heart strings and get them ratings

Admin edit Profanity removed.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
With respect guys, this aint about SS or anyone else except the iraqis.

This topics about "what iraqis want" not a "What I think of so and so"thread if you want to start that up, pack up and move on.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Devilwasp brings up a good point.

This thread is getting to be nothing more than another rant.
Let's chill out and get back to the topic

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34 >>

join