It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

"Have you, yourself fought against the soldiers there?

I'm sorry i have to laugh. I'm a teenager girl who lives in australia, ofcource the answer is no.

But i have spoken to enemy soldiers, that is US soldiers, people like you?

A FREE teenage girl who supports blowing up men woman and children as a means to an end. Color me surprised.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

about what a criminal imperiliast wants?

This is about what Iraqies want.

Depends on which Iraqi you talk to. So much choices. Tsk tsk.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
A FREE teenage girl who supports blowing up men woman and children as a means to an end. Color me surprised.

I'm not sure about your credibility. Judging from your signature, you apparently support ending civilization through the use of nuclear weapons. If you ask me, that's as evil as evil gets.

Color me surprised. Unless you were making fun of Limbaugh, that is.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by Dronetek

I'm not sure about your credibility. Judging from your signature, you apparently support ending civilization through the use of nuclear weapons. If you ask me, that's as evil as evil gets.

Color me surprised. Unless you were making fun of Limbaugh, that is.

Are you even reading it or are you just being a reactionary? Limbaugh is just stating what is a fact. That is no matter if we all agree to get rid of our weapons, someone wont. Meaning that no one will ever give up their nuclear arms and the only true way to get rid of them is to use them. It in no way means I want that to happen. In fact I try not to think about it because the very though scares the # out of me.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Here's some interesting poll data for you all to take a, sorry no links, I'm still new to this whole computer age thing (wish me luck). ABC new poll finds that upwards of 71% of Iraqi's approve of the direction the country is headed. Of course they want us to leave, but not while things aren't settled. Slowly, but surely, the situation seems to be in the process of working itself out. There will be missteps along the way without a doubt rebuilding a nation is not an easy task, and it certainly isn't helped along by these oh so brave "freedom fighters" who seem to delight in the oppourtunity to blow up innocent men, women, and children deliberately.
I'm sure those school children that die so horribly were traitorous collaborators seeking to profit from the evil enemy occupiers. I know that someone is going to bring up the fact that coilition fire has killed a number of innocent Iraqi's as well, and while tragic in the extreme, there is a magnitude of difference. The car bombing is a DELIBERATE act of homicide, while the misaimed, or misguided, bomb or bullet is an ACCIDENT, the fog of war. Both tragic to be sure, but the difference should be obvious even to so-called Aussie-teenagers.
I realize that my little post here is unlikey (what an understatement) to change any minds, but hope does spring eternal, just like in the minds and hearts of those 71%'ers mentioned earlier. Long road ahead? You betcha.
But they've started down it, elections free and unincumbered, a government that they can change at any time if they are dissatisfied with it, unlike with Mr. Mustache (100% of the vote counted, Mr. Musache has been unamiously reelected dictator for life). Reconstruction projects underway, many would be complete save for the efforts of the brave Syrian sponsored terrorists (in case it escapes your myopic tunnel view of the world, I mean your pals in the insurgency).
I look forward to the flames which are undoubtedly headed my way, since several people on this particular post seem to delight in that (and you know who you are). So rock on, say I!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Why are you concentrating on me? The letter is not from me. The letter is from an Iraqi who is from Iraq, it is she that you should be "taking seriously" not me.

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
A teenage girl making "informed" decisions about the life under Saddam, when you have no experience yourself, have never seen what he has done, and have never suffered yourself?

-wD

Friend, i have not lived in australia all my life. Infact, i've lived under TWO dictatorships which where not very different from Saddams regime.
I ask you really, what does saddam have to do with it? If you are thinking that i support Saddam i say the following.

Saddam was a US puppet. He was helped into power by the US, back when he worked for the CIA.
The US continued to support him, even when he was at his most despotic. And they claim to be democratic etc..

No one can accuse me of being a Saddam supporter, since during the first gulf war, when i was a young child, my immediate family and i being in UAE, where under threat by his chemical weapons.

However Saddam was not worse than the US is, the US has killed thousands upon thousands more iraqies than he ever did. Some would say, the US is the teacher where Saddam was the student. And i have heard some Iraqi refugees, who where tortured under both Saddam and the US, say that the torture under the US was worse.

But no matter how bad saddam was, (and he was bad), he was still the president of iraq, and it is Always up to a People, and only up to a people, to over throw their own leader. It's a great insult to the people of iraq that he was removed in that manner. Think about it, you may hate bush, but imagine if some other country invades the US kills thousands of US citizens, and then humiliates BUSH (as if he doesn't humiliate himself enough), and claim that they did it for your sake. Wouldn't you take it as an insult?

The Iraqies did not ask you to put Saddam into power in the first place.
They did not ask you to remove him.
All that they ask is that you leave their country, leave them to choose their own fate.

Hey twistedsister,alot of this post is crap.
Do you have any links or proof of what you are saying.Show some web sites were you got your info from.Or is it just some little kid believing the propaganda.

CIA

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
When American kidnapped blacks as slaves, if some other country wanted to free blacks by bombing America, what would American do? Applause or resist?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIA
When American kidnapped blacks as slaves, if some other country wanted to free blacks by bombing America, what would American do? Applause or resist?

Neither. We did the job ourselves before any other country felt any obligation to feel the need to free black slaves.
And also we didnt kidnapped them. They were bought.

CIA

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So why don't you leave other country's problem to other country?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIA

That be like saying the helpless can help themselves. You believe that countries can help themselves without backup? Even America needed helped during the American revolutionary war. Depends on the size of the opposition and the resources a country has to defend itself. For example, mentioning African slaves where blacks couldnt free themselves unless the Union helped free them because the Union has the manpower and the resources to do that job. Dont expect black slaves to fight their white masters with bags of cotton.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIA

Because we're dammed if we dont, and dammed if we do.

Who would like to see an end to genocide in africa?

If so, where are they going to turn to for help?

Who is the first person moaned at to make a diffrence in the world at the cost of thier own lives then when the diffrence is made we're told it was wrong.

WTH does the world want us to do? Act or no act?

CIA

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Nobody damned you when you didn't, you are damned when you do

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIA

Makes you wonder why President Bill Clinton had to apologize to the world for the lack of response to the genocide back in 94 in Rwanda. I wonder why......or the failure to respond early in 95 in Bosnia or in 99 in Kosovo. But hey thats just the way the world acts.

CIA

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
so why you always do what you shouldn't and don't do what you should?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIA

Oh what about africa? We are moaned at to stop the worlds problems because both the US and the UK can "solve" them with money, but the question is this..
WHY?

We were dammed because we sat back and done nothing but the minute we lift a finger we're dammed.

CIA

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
please, don't lift your finger, couldn't you do anything else then bombing?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It´s funny to read how much hatred people here project toward a girl who posts a thread against what people in usa want to believe. Check out the polls about 80% of iraqis want´s usa out. Nope don´t have a link but i read it from my countrys newspaper. And if you are not happy with the facts, then don´t be. But these hero stories about soldiers building schools are just a way diverting the real thruth about how lousy conditions the people there are living now.
And no one has ever questioned about the oil? If the reason to go there was about wmd:s, then why no one isn´t asking about what right has usa to take oil from iraq? It´s their oil afterall. And oil shouldn´t be a part of the war in there.
-aape

[edit on 19-12-2005 by aape]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIA

Lifting a finger dont usually work as planned. As much as we like to solve through supposedly civilize means, it doesnt work in reality. Serbs for example dont listen, and they dont listen well. They learn from force. Not by words.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIA

You mean like going in with spec ops into africa and doing what the world asked?
Oh ofcourse not.

With respect mate the UK and the US have tried everything, sitting and talking with people that got us nowhere, using force and that just got us hated , using threats got us no where because we are claimed as bully's, using the UN when inside the UN there are members who simply dont care about right or wrong anymore just about if thier country looks bad or not and finally doing nothing.

What do you want us to do?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIA

Alright fine then, I'll make a few calls and get this whle thing ironed out. We'll pull out of Iraq by the end of the week.

Are you seriously addressing folks on this board as if we really have any say what the world governments do?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join