It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And we believed guerilla's couldn't speak.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
What the problem is, we listen to what the Press has to say. Now, if all we listen to is one source, do we really know the whole story? No. My teacher's brother is a commander in the army, and he's in Iraq right now. From what HE says, the iraqi's feel lucky to have the American Army there. He says it's because they're scared of the "freedom fighters" who usually just kill/injure civillians.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So your saying even though the U.S and U.N has killed 1 million Iraqi civilians rendered millions homeless, caused some of the most horrific atrocetys in history, including the Depleted Uranium shells, the cutting of water supplys, the raping, thieving and brutalising of Iraqi's......the suicide bombers, who i might add, are the only ones taking any action in their eyes by attacking US roadbloack and incidently civilians. They are the true evil ones are they. Is that what your telling me.

I don't care who's been to Iraq, served there or whatever it is clear to see that what i can only describe as the work of the devil or purest evil there is, is behind such an attack and invasion of a sovereign country.

Alot of people in Germany thought Hitler was doing the right thing after severe brainwashing by the same people who are doing it now on our soil. You dont need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows people and the letter at the beggining is just a small reflections of the hell hole in which is now IRAQ.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good fails evil cheats
the suicide bombers, who i might add, are the only ones taking any action in their eyes by attacking US roadbloack and incidently civilians. They are the true evil ones are they.

Hmmm, maybe you don't read papers or watch the news but there has been a huge percentage of suicide bombings targetted directly at civilians, with no US soldiers being present at all. Not to mention all the inncoent Iraqi's who have been executed in the most horrific ways by these animals. Wake up and inform yourself for gods sake. I amazed at the stupididty of some people in here, thank god they will never be in any postions of power with the ability to affect anything

I don't care who's been to Iraq, served there or whatever it is clear to see that what i can only describe as the work of the devil or purest evil there is.

The only work the devil's doing is through that weed you've been copiously smoking. Seriously lay off it and you may be able to come back to reality.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The official Al-Qaeda position on attacks is clear, laid out by their posterboy. They do not discriminate between soldiers and civilians as far as their objectives are concerned.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good fails evil cheats
So your saying even though the U.S and U.N has killed 1 million Iraqi civilians rendered millions homeless, caused some of the most horrific atrocetys in history, including the Depleted Uranium shells, the cutting of water supplys, the raping, thieving and brutalising of Iraqi's......the suicide bombers, who i might add, are the only ones taking any action in their eyes by attacking US roadbloack and incidently civilians. They are the true evil ones are they. Is that what your telling me.

I don't care who's been to Iraq, served there or whatever it is clear to see that what i can only describe as the work of the devil or purest evil there is, is behind such an attack and invasion of a sovereign country.

Alot of people in Germany thought Hitler was doing the right thing after severe brainwashing by the same people who are doing it now on our soil. You dont need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows people and the letter at the beggining is just a small reflections of the hell hole in which is now IRAQ.

And you obviously have no idea what its like to serve in a War torn country?

You mention millions of Iraqi deaths. Can you post some facts to back that up? I doubt it . Do some kind of research first.

The War in Iraq is wrong, i admit that, but your claim is based on here say, and not facts, or is based on your opinion, which i respect, but is totally wrong.

Your statement smacks of religious ideals, to which i again have no qualms about, but i would suggest a more open remark that has no religious ideals involved.

War is bad, period...................

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
After reading many pro-american views about how Iraq would be nothing without the occupation force, I come to the conclusion that these people just don't want to understand.
They are in denial about 1 very simple fact:
How would you like your country (US, UK, Australia) to be invaded "for your own good"?
Try to see the other point of view, and perhaps you will learn your lesson before its too late.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
She shouldn’t write letters with statements like” it will never be your country unless you kill us all.” Don’t give Bush idea’s lady get a book and read about what we did to the last people who occupied land we wanted the Indians.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You mention millions of Iraqi deaths. Can you post some facts to back that up? I doubt it . Do some kind of research first.

The War in Iraq is wrong, i admit that, but your claim is based on here say, and not facts, or is based on your opinion, which i respect, but is totally wrong.

Your statement smacks of religious ideals, to which i again have no qualms about, but i would suggest a more open remark that has no religious ideals involved.

War is bad, period...................

I said nothing about religion and when you take into account that Iraq has been suffering at our hands since the 90's, cancer and birth defects will have destroyed their next generation you'll see the death toll is over a million

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon
This letter is a good example of what happens when propaganda is combined with hardship. You get hatred. It is true that the removal of the brutal dictator Saddam created hardship for the Iraqi people. Combine this hardship with anti US propaganda that claims the US is in this for the oil or to take control of Iraq and you get reasonably intelligent people coming to totally insane conclusions. THe so called freedom fighters in Iraq are cowards. They do not primarily fight the so called occupiers. Instead they target their own people and security forces. Why do they do this? They do it because they are easier targets to hit without taking losses. If they really believed that the US was evil they would target primarily US soldiers and bases. They do not do this because what they are really interested in is their own power and presige. THis has nothing to do with freedom fighting. That is just the line they give to the poor fellows they strap bombs to in order to blow up their own people.

THey cannot swing a majority of Iraqis to their point of view so they kill anyone who works for the elected government of Iraq. The poor souls who have bought into this kind of power grab become pawns of power hungry men who would be Hitlers and pol pots if they were given the chance. THese are not idealists fighting for freedom. They are murderers and criminals seeking power for themselves not rights and respect for their people.

You know who else were considered cowards? The American soldiers during the revolutionary war for not wearing bright colors and forming lines on the battlefeild. The same with those that dug trenches in the civil war.

It's called guerilla warfare. If they could fight on an even level with the US in an all out war they would, but they cant so instead they decide to carry out roadside bombings and suicide bombings because it's the only way they can effectively fight. The same thing goes for Palestinian suicide bombers in Israel, if they had the military and the equipment to fight Israel head on they would, but they dont and cant so they do what they can.

I'd personally like to see muslim activists engaging in Satyagraha, but when you have generations of greivances against you, you are denied the land that should rightfully be yours, and are treated like an animal by the people who usurped said land it's pretty hard to carry out peaceful protests; especially when you're likely to get a firehose turned on you or rubber bullets shot at you if you do.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Don't you want to be on the right side of history?

MM, lets see..a murdering dictator or GWB.

Tough one, I'll take GWB for $1000 Alex.

If you can't manage your region of the world responsibly, expect someone else to do it for you. It's not just the U.S. and the Middle East; the U.N. w/ Eastern Europe and parts of Africa anyone?

[edit on 22-9-2005 by crisko]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko

MM, lets see..a murdering dictator or GWB.

Tough one, I'll take GWB for $1000 Alex.

GWB is the murderous dictator.

If you can't manage your region of the world responsibly, expect someone else to do it for you.

Then expect the world intervining in american affairs in future, obviosly you can't handle your region responsibly.
look what you did in katrina.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What did I do in Katrina?

Spoke up? Raised issues? Got answers? People removed from office? When did the Iraqi people ever do that?

My president took responsiblity. Let me know when Saddam does on international T.V.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I want you to all read this letter, and read it very carefully.

Don't you want to be on the right side of history?

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

I want you to read about Tim Collins....
Carefully and ask if he was "on the right side of history"..
I want you to read his speach and ask yourself, how much does it contradict the first few sentances of the letter...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The iraqies did it in 1991.

Sure you spoke up and etc etc, what did bush do about it, wait another 5 days to help katrina?

Devil wasp, who is tim collins, doesn't sound like an iraqi to me. This thread is what iraqis want. Not what america wants iraqies to want

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Devil wasp, who is tim collins, doesn't sound like an iraqi to me. This thread is what iraqis want. Not what america wants iraqies to want

Tim Collins was a BRITISH colonel who liberated 2 towns from Ba' athisist criminals, mabye you should read up about him.
He wasnt an iraqi but he did sure as hell did more to help him than most iraqis I know.
You type in Tim Collins, he let the iraqis do what they want, hell he didnt police nor did his troops police the streets, iraqis did.
His men didnt do anything that wasnt asked of them by the iraqis.

But no, since everyone in iraqi is a yank and since thier evil lets just not count any heroes huh?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The UN reported that more than 1.5 million Iraqis died due to the Sanctions, and Albright said it was worth it.

www.google.com...

At the time we were alone in standing against the end of sanctions with Iraqs WMD's and facilities all destroyed.

www.fair.org...

Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price--we think the price is worth it.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
about what a criminal imperiliast wants?

This is about what Iraqies want.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   

about what a criminal imperiliast wants?

He is no criminal and no imperiliast.
If he was he wouldnt have given money to the local school from Ba'ath party funds...or is every soldier a criminal now?

This is about what Iraqies want.

Yeah, and Tim Collins helped them do that, but your article makes 0 mention of his sacrifice for helping the iraqi people.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The Iraqis that want us gone are the ones still without clean water and power. They see us as an occupation force. You cant liberate people and blow up their homes and libraries and universities at the same time. Thats an Oxymoron. Saddam is gone, I think its time to let them work it out on their own. It seems all warm and fuzzy to "liberate" these people from a terrible dictator and horrible living conditions, but that is just what we have been told by our media. Its no secret we are spoon fed what "they" want us to hear. If there are no other motives (like oil, politica leverage in the region, or Mideast US bases), then we should leave these people to their own defense. They have proven pretty effective fighters, and if the majority does indeed rest with our beliefs (i.e. democracy) then this majority should be in charge of defeating insurgents. I get the feeling these insurgents may be the same ones who just wanted Saddam gone so they could all start a new system with a better quality of life. Isnt that all we want as humans? Is is so hard to believe that these people blow themselves and others up because their entire struggle for a better existence seems so hopeless? They would rather die leaving an impact that just fizzle out.
If you think I am wrong, let another country invade Harlem, or my neighborhood in Battle creek, MI. You will see some insurgent warefare my friends and those people wouldnt be fighting for Bush. America's dream is dead, and this guy is helping to kill it. I never thought I would see the day I would have to question the morality of America's leadership. We are raised to be so proud of who we are, and this guy is ruining it. Lets take american back for the Cheif Josephs and the MLKs, not this christian conservative terrorism and war profiteering. I want to be proud of who I am again...

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join