It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
[How would the US attacking Iran solve all of the problems once and for all? If you think this would solve the problem would you be prepared to put your life on the line and take up arms?

More fighting, more blood spilled and nothing solved.

well not everything is solved, but we did help killed Hitler and bomb Japan and end the world war 2. not everything is solved but violence but some may have to be used force by those who refuse.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
well not everything is solved, but we did help killed Hitler and bomb Japan and end the world war 2. not everything is solved but violence but some may have to be used force by those who refuse.

You know if it would solve the problem once and for all and end wars for all time I would say go for it - no pain no gain as they say. But this doesn't appear to be the case. We attack Iran, then Iraq, perhaps we should add a few more to the list. When does it stop.

Perhaps the better way is for the mass to say enough is enough and try something else. Because the way we are approaching things now certainly isn't working. All we are achieving is more hate and lunacy. Just read some of the responses here.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

[

Perhaps the better way is for the mass to say enough is enough and try something else. Because the way we are approaching things now certainly isn't working. All we are achieving is more hate and lunacy. Just read some of the responses here.

well u cant deal with some people who wants to kill u, it be like African Americans try to negotiate with the KKK. Al Qaeda and other groups like the Taliban destroyed Buddist states, make Hindus wear tags to identify themselves as Hindus. attacks on Christians. funding groups in hopes making Islamic territories in countries even if the majority of the populace aint Muslims. remember that Osama and his group wants an Islamic Empire somthing that has not existed for over 700 years.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
This is not about accuracy it is about use. One does not pick up an encylopedia to look up the meaning of a word that is what dictionaries are for.

I MUST preserve this

Where is Zipdot when I need him?

shots, nit-pick and get grabbed.

In this thread an encyclopedia has much more USE than a dictionary.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks

This is not about accuracy it is about use. One does not pick up an encylopedia to look up the meaning of a word that is what dictionaries are for.

I MUST preserve this

Apprently you missed this comment I made earlier.

Propaganda is one of the most troublesome words in the English language. To define it clearly and precisely, so that whenever it is used it will mean the same thing to everybody, is like trying to get your hands on an eel. You think you’ve got it then it slips away.

[edit on 5/24/2005 by shots]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti
In fact, i hope the US attacks Iran. That would solve all problems once and for all
BTW, i wouldnt say that insurgents attacking US forces, contractors and police station are "random fanatics" they seem to know theit targets well enough.. [edit on 24-5-2005 by Moretti]

How would the US attacking Iran solve all of the problems once and for all? If you think this would solve the problem would you be prepared to put your life on the line and take up arms?

More fighting, more blood spilled and nothing solved.

What i meant by "all problems solved once and for all" is that the US would be forced to withdraw from the middle east if engaging in the suicidal enterprise of military attack on Iran.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Apprently you missed this comment I made earlier.

A few pages back, before the popcorn.

That (the meaning of the word propaganda) was not the jest of my post. I love the term propaganda. I agree it seems to shift/slip.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Argueing with someone who believes wholeheartedly in what they say is like pounding sand down a rat hole, all that effort for naught.
SS you seem to be a bright young lady, however, to argue Muslim beliefs to a crowd that, I believe, is predominantly either non or western religious is futile. We cannot support your views as you cannot support ours. If I may ask, How long have you lived in Australia? If that is an impertinent question you need not answer, I was just curious.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Not impertinant at all. I've lived here most of my life.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
While I commend you for your stance and applaud your youthful enthusiasm, to have lived in a free country most of your life and to try and vilify that freedom is disengenious. I do not mean to be rude but the oppressions you have suffered are slight compared to what you would under a theocratic or dictatorial rule.

The individuals you call freedom fighters, individuals that would kill someone for "collaberating" are at least willing to pick up a weapon. I wonder, when you come of age, will you join their "plight" with more than words? You seem to have the passion for it and, again, I was curious.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_shot
While I commend you for your stance and applaud your youthful enthusiasm, to have lived in a free country most of your life and to try and vilify that freedom is disengenious. I do not mean to be rude but the oppressions you have suffered are slight compared to what you would under a theocratic or dictatorial rule.

The individuals you call freedom fighters, individuals that would kill someone for "collaberating" are at least willing to pick up a weapon. I wonder, when you come of age, will you join their "plight" with more than words? You seem to have the passion for it and, again, I was curious.

Notice friend, i said most of my life. Not all of my life. I have already lived under 2 dictatorships. I know how it is all to well. I have suffered form oppresion all my life, and i continue to suffer.

As for me, "vilifing freedom", i am an advocate of true freedom. Not the orwellian version of "freedom".

The french resistance killed collaborators, i am curious, what do you think about them doing that?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I apologize for my erroneous assumption.

What 2 dictatorships did you live under?

True freedom is and has always been an illusion. Having said that, I will take the kind of freedom I have now over anarchy, every society must have rules.

As to the French collaberators, well, it appears the French can do something right.

I cannot judge the "collaberators" without knowing the situation over there. Are they just men trying to put food on the table? Do they really hope for a better future under a democracy? Did they lose loved ones to saddam or the insurgency? Are they just trying to work towards a peaceful Iraq? These questions and many others must be answered before I could label them as traitors.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Notice friend, i said most of my life. Not all of my life. I have already lived under 2 dictatorships. I know how it is all to well. I have suffered form oppresion all my life, and i continue to suffer.As for me, "vilifing freedom", i am an advocate of true freedom. Not the orwellian version of "freedom".
The french resistance killed collaborators, i am curious, what do you think about them doing that?

Syrian Sister may I ask you a few of questions?

How old were you when you came to Australia?
What 2 dictatorship have you lived under?
In what form did the oppression take?
What form of oppression do you suffer now living in my country?
How do you define 'true' freedom?
Would you take up arms against Australian's in Australia to achieve the freedom you desire?

[edit on 25/5/2005 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
What is propaganda?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Propaganda is a specific type of message presentation aimed at serving an agenda. At its root, the denotation of propaganda is 'to propagate (actively spread) a philosophy or point of view'. The most common use of the term (historically) is in political contexts; in particular to refer to certain efforts sponsored by governments or political groups.
en.wikipedia.org...

There seems to be some confusion on the part of a certain member over what the meaning, or definition of propaganda is. I thought I would once again post this to help CLEAR THIS UP.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

There seems to be some confusion on the part of a certain member over what the meaning, or definition of propaganda is. I thought I would once again post this to help CLEAR THIS UP.

How many times to I have to say this?

Propaganda is one of the most troublesome words in the English language. To define it clearly and precisely, so that whenever it is used it will mean the same thing to everybody, is like trying to get your hands on an eel. You think you’ve got it then it slips away.

In other words for the simplistic mind what you think is propganda and what I think can clearly be two different things.

During times of war and conflict Propaganda for the most part is in material form and not a battle of words. i.e the enemy releases pictures of what they claim are Americans when in fact they are not. That is wartime propaganda.

[edit on 5/25/2005 by shots]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

In other words for the simplistic mind what you think is propganda and what I think can clearly be two different things.

Exactly- leave the dark side shots

come into the light

external image

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

How many times to I have to say this?

Propaganda is one of the most troublesome words in the English language.

Are you one of these NeoCons who, for whatever reasons, believe that your bizarre reality is the same as actual reality?

I gave you THE definition. I'm really sorry that you don't like it.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Are you one of these NeoCons who, for whatever reasons, believe that your bizarre reality is the same as actual reality?

I gave you THE definition. I'm really sorry that you don't like it.

No what you gave techincally speaking was a reference.

en·cy·clo·pe·di·a (µn-sº”kl…-p¶“d¶-…) n. Abbr. encyc., encycl., ency. A comprehensive reference work containing articles on a wide range of subjects or on numerous aspects of a particular field, usually arranged alphabetically.

A dictionary on the other hand gives specific meanings and defintions.

A dictionary is a list of words with their definitions, a list of characters with their glyphs, or a list of words with corresponding words in other languages.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks

Exactly- leave the dark side shots

come into the light

No No I likes the dark side

I shall destroy the force

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ops duplicate post sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>